Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Arrow Obama: Wrong On Iran

OBAMA: WRONG ON IRAN

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN / Published on FOXNews.com on May 16, 2008.

President Bush is absolutely right to criticize sharply direct negotiations with Iranian President Ahmadinejad. Barack Obama’s embrace of the idea of direct negotiations is both naïve and dangerous and should be a big issue in the campaign.

The reason not to negotiate with Ahmadinejad is not simply to stand on ceremony or some kind of policy of non-recognition. It is based on the fundamental need to topple his regime by increasing the sense the Iranian people have — that he has isolated Iran from the rest of the world, to its severe and ongoing detriment...

continued here. http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2008/...iran/#more-339

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Obama: Wrong On Iran

Quote:
If a President Obama were to meet with President Ahmadinejad, it would send a signal to the Iranian people that they are not isolated but that the rest of the world has come to respect them and to have to deal with them. The leading argument for toppling the current regime will have been fatally undermined.

But if the West sustains a policy of economic sanctions, curbs on foreign investment, and diplomatic isolation, the Iranian regime’s days are numbered.
Exactly! BUT I viewed a video clip where he "handily" turned that around as though he didn't mean what they say he is meaning. Very smooth on his part.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Not riding the train

Here is that clip. Very handily turned that around.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...hs_appeas.html
Old 05-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Here is that clip. Very handily turned that around.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...hs_appeas.html
I've heard him say it to many time in other debates.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
I've heard him say it to many time in other debates.
He reminds me of a "know it all punk".
Old 05-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Not riding the train

Here is McCain's rebuttal.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...amas_rema.html

McCain comes across as more experienced in what he knows. Obama does not come across as a man of wisdom for the task. He may have intelligence, but he does not have seasoned wisdom.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Thanks for the links, VRB. "Negotiating" with Iran right now would be a lot like our "negotiations" with the North Koreans. These people do not want to talk openly with the outside world. They just want to use us to try and stir fear and paranoia among the small handful of mind-numbed robots in their respective countries that keep them in power.

By not enabling this tactic of theirs, we are in fact hastening the day when the Iranians and North Koreans and all of the others suffering under totalitarianism can shake off their chains.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:35 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
OBAMA: WRONG ON IRAN

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN / Published on FOXNews.com on May 16, 2008.

President Bush is absolutely right to criticize sharply direct negotiations with Iranian President Ahmadinejad. Barack Obama’s embrace of the idea of direct negotiations is both naïve and dangerous and should be a big issue in the campaign.

The reason not to negotiate with Ahmadinejad is not simply to stand on ceremony or some kind of policy of non-recognition. It is based on the fundamental need to topple his regime by increasing the sense the Iranian people have — that he has isolated Iran from the rest of the world, to its severe and ongoing detriment...

continued here. http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2008/...iran/#more-339
Could you show me either in print or video where it shows Obama wanted to negotiate face to face with Ahmadinejad?

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Could you show me either in print or video where it shows Obama wanted to negotiate face to face with Ahmadinejad?
If memory serves me right...I remember this very question being asked (or simular/enemies?) in the very early debates. Hilary said she would not and she was made fun of kinda and Obama said he would.

I know someone here could find those vidoe files, huh?
Rom.8:38,39-For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heigth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I AM the VOICE of REASON and SANITY around here!

I am now on FB and on the AFF's on FB!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:25 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAngel View Post
If memory serves me right...I remember this very question being asked (or simular/enemies?) in the very early debates. Hilary said she would not and she was made fun of kinda and Obama said he would.

I know someone here could find those vidoe files, huh?
Thanks, AA. I am waiting patiently.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody