Mormonism 101 Discuss Mormon doctrine, history, and practice

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: What do you think about the Mormon sect in Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryseeker View Post
WHY????????????

Prov 29:2
2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. (KJV)
The righteous is the problem...how would you like a theocratic government. You talk about holiness police...we've got enough of that in the church.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok, I'll no longer respond to your one-liners, why don't you do a bit of research before making your judgements.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
The righteous is the problem...how would you like a theocratic government. You talk about holiness police...we've got enough of that in the church.
I don't want a theocratic government, I would just like Christians to hold the offices and keep some integrity while doing it.

The reason we have abortion on demand is because of separation of church and state.

The reason gay marriage is on the horizon is because of the separation of church and state

I believe in freedom of religion...but this great country was founded upon the principles of the Word of God and the "church" was very much involved in the formation of the "state."

It's Christians fault that our we have a speaker of the house such as Nancy Pelosi and other such representatives in high places who are ungodly beyond belief.

Go to D.C. and look at all the "church" items that are represented in our historical sites. Look at our founding documents and see all of the "church" language that is incorporated into them.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't want a theocratic government, I would just like Christians to hold the offices and keep some integrity while doing it.

The reason we have abortion on demand is because of separation of church and state.

The reason gay marriage is on the horizon is because of the separation of church and state

I believe in freedom of religion...but this great country was founded upon the principles of the Word of God and the "church" was very much involved in the formation of the "state."

It's Christians fault that our we have a speaker of the house such as Nancy Pelosi and other such representatives in high places who are ungodly beyond belief.

Go to D.C. and look at all the "church" items that are represented in our historical sites. Look at our founding documents and see all of the "church" language that is incorporated into them.

The "church" involved in the formation of the state?! Which Founding Father was a One-GOD, JESUS' name baptized, HG filled believer?
The trinitarians (along with some unitarians and deists) formed the US. The Catholics formed various states in Europe, the Lutherans and Catholics formed Germany and the Anglicans formed England...

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
They look like all the UPCI ladies at my church growing up.
Exactly!

In fact, when I was at lunch, CNN was running the story, and before I knew what the story was, I thought the ladies going into the courthouse were UPC or Apostolic.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
The "church" involved in the formation of the state?! Which Founding Father was a One-GOD, JESUS' name baptized, HG filled believer?
The trinitarians (along with some unitarians and deists) formed the US. The Catholics formed various states in Europe, the Lutherans and Catholics formed Germany and the Anglicans formed England...

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
I shudder to think what policies would be implemented if our president (with a majority in congress backing him up) was a UPC minister.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Your problem is that your definition of a Christian is a "One-God, Jesus name baptized, HG filled person. And probably if truth be known it would also include whatever denomination you belong to
Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I shudder to think what policies would be implemented if our president (with a majority in congress backing him up) was a UPC minister.
to get an idea, look at areas where Sharia law is practiced.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your problem is that your definition of a Christian is a "One-God, Jesus name baptized, HG filled person. And probably if truth be known it would also include whatever denomination you belong to
You know, biggotted statements like that... I'm a Biblical Christian, I am not "denominational" and if I were I wouldn't believe only my denomination will be saved. I'm independent and I believe Apostolics from many different denominations will be saved. The only people I'm not sure about being saved will be Apostolics who were "one-steppers" and who went around preaching that and decieving people. If you're a one-stepper though, and just a bit unsure and your not hindering souls from obeying Acts 2:38 thru that false doctrine, then I believe there's hope for you. If your "Apostolic" though and telling trinitarians, "Oh you're fine just where you are..." Either you'll be punished in some way or lost, GOD will not let you get by on that. Btw, I had the oppurtunity to share the Gospel today with a girl who's Catholic- I'm believing she'll be baptized in the near future!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Exactly!

In fact, when I was at lunch, CNN was running the story, and before I knew what the story was, I thought the ladies going into the courthouse were UPC or Apostolic.
They looked neither Apostolic or UPC to me, they looked like they were from another century or from Little House On The Prairie.

I am UPC and Apostolic and I don't dress that way or do my hair that way. I will go back to my Mom's generation and she was UPC to the core, she did not dress that way nor wear her hair that way. I will go back further to my grandmother who was also UPC to the core, she did not dress that way nor wear her hair that way.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV