Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Thadisdaman

hahahahahahaha this is great! I think I am going to send it to TBN and see if they think it is funny, they may think some copyright laws were broken.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

(I am responding to this publicly because there have been comments questions made to the previous comments, and because you chose to make your initial statements publicly. After this, I will be happy to go PM if you like, but public statements deserve public response.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
You could have taken this to a pm, but honestly reading your first post directed at me, all I could read through your comments was a bad and hostile attitude.

Your initial impression is biased by your own judgementalism and prejudice.

No, my initial impression was based on what you said.
"It was a matter of vision or television. People who want tv have a vision......... While the others, the issue is TV.

Quote:
I have been around forum life to see where any acknowledgement given to you would only lead to some kind of unending verbal wrestling match-no thanks.
And this is the reason I said you were judgemental, and stereotyping. I'm not "attacking you", I am just simply pointing out a fact. The above comment, and your original comment, simply are judgmental, and stereotyping. You don't know me, but if you were to look back at my previous posts, you would see that I am quick to apologize if I am wrong. I have no problem admitting it, if it is brought to my attention. And though I have opinions, I will certainly consider other viewpoints and sometimes even alter my own views based on them.
I was just looking for an explanation and clarification of your comments and all I got was "chill out" and "your overreacting".
Quote:
If you have a complaint towards me and my voluntary, position here as an admin that you do it the correctly.

Besides I was not posting as "admin" but was posting as another poster.
I have absolutely no complaints as to your admin status. I'm sure you do a better job that I would at it.
I was merely pointing out, that as an admin more is expected than that of other posters, and I was very surprised at your bold comments, and even more so in the way you handled it.
Also, please consider, you may be posting "as another poster" but you are still and administrator. You wouldn't expect your pastor to punch someone in the face because they jumped line at the mall checkout and say he was "just another shopper" then and not acting in his pastor role. Same applies here.

Quote:
I did not say that those who were not for the advertisement of Television resolution lacked vision. If you took it that way, that is up to you.
You said, "It is a matter of vision or television

Quote:
Next time, I ask respectfully to you are going to address me like this, do it in a pm.
And as I said, I will do so. But, you posted publicly, and responded publicly, so it is now a public issue, and I must respond in kind.
As far as I am concerned, I am happy to go PM from this point forward if you like
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorj View Post
I find it hard to interpret this any what other than how 'meBNme' did...

I'm not sure that this is a reasonable or sufficient answer to meBNme's concerns and questions. A post posted publicly, especially by someone who functions as an admin, whether voluntary or not, whether as an admin or as 'just another poster', should be backed up or rebutted in the same manner as it was posted. I think meBNme at least deserves clarification of the statement and an acknowledgement of his concerns. JMHO... but that's what forums are for, huh...
Thank you for understanding, and for speaking up.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM

I think I told this before, there was an evangelist who was preaching here at the UPC (you folks would know both of em if I named em).

While he was preaching he turned to the associate pastor, who was also the pastor's SIL. We all knew that the evangel and the AP, went to Jackson together, this guy stood up for him in his wedding etc.

Anyway the evangelist turned laid a hand on his friend and with tremendous intensity and spirituality and said, "Brother _____ I was praying in your office just before church and God gave me a vision of wolves just waiting to attack you as you climb the mountain, heeelo my hyaaaaah!!!!!..." and all that.

About a week before that, I was working at the church and I used the phone in that associate pastor's office and on the wall was a painting of 3-4 wolves waiting to pounce on a young man climbing the mountain.

I almost laughed when I heard the "prophecy"
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Is this like seeing the face of the virgin Mary on a tortilla?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Incredible India

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBNme View Post
(I am responding to this publicly because there have been comments questions made to the previous comments, and because you chose to make your initial statements publicly. After this, I will be happy to go PM if you like, but public statements deserve public response.)

No, my initial impression was based on what you said.
"It was a matter of vision or television. People who want tv have a vision......... While the others, the issue is TV.

And this is the reason I said you were judgemental, and stereotyping. I'm not "attacking you", I am just simply pointing out a fact. The above comment, and your original comment, simply are judgmental, and stereotyping. You don't know me, but if you were to look back at my previous posts, you would see that I am quick to apologize if I am wrong. I have no problem admitting it, if it is brought to my attention. And though I have opinions, I will certainly consider other viewpoints and sometimes even alter my own views based on them.
I was just looking for an explanation and clarification of your comments and all I got was "chill out" and "your overreacting".

I have absolutely no complaints as to your admin status. I'm sure you do a better job that I would at it.
I was merely pointing out, that as an admin more is expected than that of other posters, and I was very surprised at your bold comments, and even more so in the way you handled it.
Also, please consider, you may be posting "as another poster" but you are still and administrator. You wouldn't expect your pastor to punch someone in the face because they jumped line at the mall checkout and say he was "just another shopper" then and not acting in his pastor role. Same applies here.

You said, "It is a matter of vision or television

And as I said, I will do so. But, you posted publicly, and responded publicly, so it is now a public issue, and I must respond in kind.
As far as I am concerned, I am happy to go PM from this point forward if you like
Sir this is not rocket science ok--

To be more clear (I will by pass the judgementalism remark) regarding vision or Televison.

Some view TV as a tool, a resource and way of reaching the lost. They envision it to reach the lost.

Others do not see this about TV (here I didnt want to get into this but I have to spell it out) its not a tool, it is not a resource, its evil, its wrong-its of no use to use a way to win the lost it will just lead us to be like TBN. Thus their vision of reaching the lost would not include TV.

I dont know what else to say- and frankly wish not to discuss it further with you at this point-sorry!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:21 PM

Actually, I am surprised there hasn't been a vision and painting of a computer falling and taking out the entire NAME of the organization...

Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Actually, I am surprised there hasn't been a vision and painting of a computer falling and taking out the entire NAME of the organization...

They don't wanna see that vision!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
It was even obvious to me and I'm just a peon.
1.$8000 in pyschological counciling for personal esteem enrichment....
2.surrounded by your smiling children and their spouses in your avatar...
and even
3.All 48 episodes of TDJ's "Woman, be thou loosed" message

You are NOT a PEON. Stop the bad talking or the spirit of Norman Vincent Peale may come haunt you this Christmas eve!

(...and Tiny Tim's crutch will be under your tree in the morning)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Sir this is not rocket science ok--

To be more clear (I will by pass the judgementalism remark) regarding vision or Televison.

Some view TV as a tool, a resource and way of reaching the lost. They envision it to reach the lost.

Others do not see this about TV (here I didnt want to get into this but I have to spell it out) its not a tool, it is not a resource, its evil, its wrong-its of no use to use a way to win the lost it will just lead us to be like TBN. Thus their vision of reaching the lost would not include TV.

I dont know what else to say- and frankly wish not to discuss it further with you at this point-sorry!