Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Invisible Thad

TED HAGGARD"S Uncle MERLE HAGGARD Speaks out! Exclusive Interview!!!

DId you know that Ted and Merle were Cousins??????

Merle gives his take on Ted - check it out and comment

PALO CEDRO — Country singer Merle Haggard finally broke his silence about the moral failure of his younger cousin, Ted, and said he thinks Ted will turn out "just fine."
"Ted and I always loved each other, even though we’ve had our differences," said Merle in an exclusive interview from his country estate. "Our mothers raised us Haggards to bounce back."
Merle learned of his evangelical relative’s alleged homosexual affair on CNN and was "outright stunned."
"I felt like calling him and welcoming him into the outlaw club, but I didn’t think he’d appreciate that right then," he says.
Instead, Merle called Ted a few days later and offered unlimited moral and financial support. The country singer says his own stint in prison was "a positive turning point in my life."

http://larknews.com/october_2007/secondary.php?page=3
Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Invisible Thad

Merle Haggard breaks silence about cousin Ted’s ‘stumble’

PALO CEDRO — Country singer Merle Haggard finally broke his silence about the moral failure of his younger cousin, Ted, and said he thinks Ted will turn out "just fine."
"Ted and I always loved each other, even though we’ve had our differences," said Merle in an exclusive interview from his country estate. "Our mothers raised us Haggards to bounce back."
Merle learned of his evangelical relative’s alleged homosexual affair on CNN and was "outright stunned."
"I felt like calling him and welcoming him into the outlaw club, but I didn’t think he’d appreciate that right then," he says.
Instead, Merle called Ted a few days later and offered unlimited moral and financial support. The country singer says his own stint in prison was "a positive turning point in my life."
"Maybe that’s a Haggard thing," he says. "We have to mess up bad to learn our lesson."
The Haggard cousins are one of the oddest couples since Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Lee Lewis, also cousins, hit the scene in the 1950s. For years, Ted concealed and even denied his relationship to the country singer, who is 19 years his senior. After being raised together in Bakersfield, the Haggard boys took starkly different paths. Merle did time in San Quentin prison before becoming a country music pioneer, while Ted became a leading voice in the evangelical church.
But both men respected each others’ choices.
"He didn’t listen to my music, and I didn’t listen to his preaching," says Merle. "It was an even swap ... But we saw each other every Christmas, and we always hugged. I guess there was some sibling-type rivalry involved."
Merle says he and Ted are closer than ever because "revelations of a blackened heart tend to level the playing field a bit." He also sees an upshot for himself. After feeling like the black sheep of the family for many years, "I look a whole lot better now," he laughs. •

Pastor's sermons track stock market

Apostle Paul a midget

Family's boycott extends to everything

Mormon 'Bachelor' show surprise: He marries them all

All content © 2007 LarkNews.com, Joel Kilpatrick. All rights reserved. | DISCLAIMER | |
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Lark news, hmmmm?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Lark news, hmmmm?
It's got to be true...it came from the internet........

[Note: this was posted very much TIC]
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

My husband went to a Merle Haggard concert recently...HUGE HILLARY CLINTON supporter.....not that there is anything wrong with that!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Invisible Thad

Why is this story so hard to believe ??

why would Merle make this up ?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

maybe his Bakersfield heritage?? They have been known to tell some windys....KIDDING!!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
DId you know that Ted and Merle were Cousins??????

Merle gives his take on Ted - check it out and comment

http://larknews.com/october_2007/secondary.php?page=3
OK...so why does the title of this thread say, "Uncle" while the post and article say, "Cousin"....WHAT IS HE...UNCLE OR COUSIN????

Something needs to be corrected here I am sure.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

He's both . . .
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Invisible Thad

Ooops! sorry about that- maybe renda or Prax could fix it - do it just for Triumphant