Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 AM
God's Son

Re: XUPCer Starting GAY Church in Bakersfield

That's what I thought. No need to confuse you with facts. Your mind is made up.

Let it be on the record, you have assigned motive to me and CHOSEN NOT to believe anything different. In spite of evidence that was practically handed to you which would suggest otherwise. Classic legalistic hit and run tactic.

Why would I want to upset anyone who sacrifices to brazen serpent of legalism? Why would I tip the apple cart of one who worships the golden calf of legalsim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
No, thank you. I don't want to waste my time. I really don't care what you believe. You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 10-10-2008, 04:46 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Sin of every flavor slips into the church when strife and confusion is allowed to exist among the people. Jam 3:16 For where envying and strife [is], there [is] confusion and every evil work. A divided church is marked by every kind of sin you can name. Thats why its vital that we re-double our efforts in striving for unity among us. Look at the Corinthian church- every concievable sin, unspeakable things, had taken up residence. Look now at the picture Paul gives us of the Corinthian church in 1 Cor. 1. A divided church... full of strife and confusion. Remove the strife, remove the sin. Its that simple. Remember this: debate, the vehicle used to promote strife and confusion, is listed right there in Romans 1- the chapter that is the focal point of this thread. According to Paul, debate is as sinful as the sin at issue here. It would be good to remember that, while we abhor the sin at issue here, debate, strife and confusion is every bit as sinful as what is being discussed here. Just a reminder....

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
I propose one of the causes of sexual perversion in the church is the result of unchecked legalism. Legalism is selective application of principles. It is easy for people to hide behind their legalism while sexual perversion runs rampant.

I've notice in my travels, the more legalistic a church is, the more sexual perversion exists.

Did I do a good job of refocusing? Lol
No, it appears you wouldn't mind hijacking the thread from a discussion of homosexuality in the church, toward a discussion of one of your pet issues, namely "legalism, aka christian witchcraft/sorcery".

And the fact is, if "legalism, aka christian witchcraft" is one of your pet issues, as it apparently is, then you can always find a way to blame for homosexuality/sexual perversion [or whatever sin you want to blame] on "unchecked legalism".

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 PM
God's Son

The sexual perversion I've seen has been from legalist mindsets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
No, it appears you wouldn't mind hijacking the thread from a discussion of homosexuality in the church, toward a discussion of one of your pet issues, namely "legalism, aka christian witchcraft/sorcery".

And the fact is, if "legalism, aka christian witchcraft" is one of your pet issues, as it apparently is, then you can always find a way to blame for homosexuality/sexual perversion [or whatever sin you want to blame] on "unchecked legalism".

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
Only those who have departed from TRUTH would say disparaging
things like that.
Whatever happened with that church in Bakersfield?

Does anyone keep in touch with Big Red?

Last I read, he was, "cast into outer darkness like Jesus said..."
Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Whatever happened with that church in Bakersfield?

Does anyone keep in touch with Big Red?

Last I read, he was, "cast into outer darkness like Jesus said..."
It's a sad thing what that man did to his family.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
It's a sad thing what that man did to his family.
Who?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Who?
I'm sorry I didn't read it all but just assumed this was the guy that left bro. Frosts church and started a gay church
Closed Thread