Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

In Need of Prayer

I know I have a older thread going about another issue I needed you all to help me pray about, but I figured I would start a new one to address some different troubles.

I would greatly you all binding with me in prayer with the following:

First, I am in desperate need of a job. Since I have graduated high school back in May 2016, I have applied for many different jobs, but none of them have followed through. One of the first I applied for, a job at my then-local Fred's, I was actually hired, only to be fired before starting because the manager decided she couldn't work around my church schedule. Since then, I have applied at two banks, Valmiera Glass, Footwear Factory, another Fred's, Dollar General, and other places, but nothing's come of any of them yet. The Footwear Factory, which would be a new business in my area, is hopefully within the next month or so. As it seems, I was one of the first handfuls that filled out an application. During a tent revival meeting I went to a couple of weeks back, the pastor called me down to the front and told me that Jesus was getting ready to make a move in my finances, whether that be blessing me with money, but he seemed sure the Lord was fixing to give me a job.

Second, I need a healing in my lower back. Since last October, I have had (sometimes) unbearable pain shoot down my right leg. After several ER visits, we finally got an MRI done, and it was determined I have pinched nerve that is causing the pain. Go figure. I started seeing a chiropractor, who told me my pelvic, shoulders, and spine are uneven and therefore cause this pain. I saw her regularly for almost a month, but without a job and a easy money flow, I simply cannot afford the trips to see her any further. I honestly feel like the Lord wants to heal me, but that He wants me in the right spot, faith-wise, to do it. Every time I have discussed going to the chiropractor in the past few weeks, I instantly feel a relief and I continue praying, thanking Jesus for the healing I know He's going to grant.

Lastly, and most importantly to me I suppose, I have a rather difficult time with my personal self-esteem. Because I was chunky, non-athletic, semi-geeky, and occasionally socially awkward, I was never a "popular kid" in school, whether I was in church or not. This trend has continued post-high school, and as I have settled more into church itself. I have had quite a number close friends after entering church, but it just doesn't seem to work out. Most of them, especially the guys, only seemed to like me when I compromised my soft exterior to be more jockish. To almost all of them, I am, quite frankly, their default friend. Or that's how it seems. They're never really interested in hanging out or including me unless their other buddies aren't there, especially the guys. As for the girls, well, being in church, I tend to stay distant because I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea with me having too many close friends that are girls. All of this tends to way on my heavily, sometimes more so than others. I am at the point now where I have decided to keep everyone at arm's length. I don't really have desire to have anyone particularly close to me. I still love my "friends", I pray for them all the time, and I do wish things could be better. But it's hard when you don't feel like you fit in with any clique per se, and most people are just tolerating you. I find myself, especially at my Mother's church, gravitating to the older ladies that like to hear me sing, testify, and call me "their boy". They like me for me, and I honestly doubt that anyone else really does.

To make this post as short as possible, I just ask you all to please help me pray for these three things troubling me. I greatly appreciate all of you doing so!

In Jesus' Name,
Holy Roller
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 06-13-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: In Need of Prayer

I'm slightly autistic (Asperger's) which means I am also socially awkward.
Which also means I have more time then most people to read and study and pray.

It is apparent from your posts that you also have lots of time to read, study and pray.

praying you will find a job soon. And there are exercises you can do for your back to help with alignment. Ask a dr to give you exercises you can do at home.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 AM
of 9!! :)

I will lift your needs in prayer, brother!
Oh, and you are somebody special! Believe
in yourself!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'm slightly autistic (Asperger's) which means I am also socially awkward.
Which also means I have more time then most people to read and study and pray.

It is apparent from your posts that you also have lots of time to read, study and pray.

praying you will find a job soon. And there are exercises you can do for your back to help with alignment. Ask a dr to give you exercises you can do at home.
I do have quite a lot of free time, and I do need to get more strict about my Bible-studying and praying than I have been lately. I guess we all get slacks sometimes, but I need to get back at it.

I appreciate your prayers for a job. Yes, I have heard of the at-home exercises to help ease my pain. My aunt's a nurse and she's showed me one or two she did when her back was in similar pain to mine.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
I will lift your needs in prayer, brother!
Oh, and you are somebody special! Believe
in yourself!
Thanks! Sometimes, though, it's hard for me to see myself as anything out of the ordinary when I don't really think anyone else does. Perhaps, just perhaps, no one matters outside of Jesus, but I'd like to know someone liked having me around and like me for me. You know?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Thanks! Sometimes, though, it's hard for me to see myself as anything out of the ordinary when I don't really think anyone else does. Perhaps, just perhaps, no one matters outside of Jesus, but I'd like to know someone liked having me around and like me for me. You know?
My sister hardly ever comes to church now. She was in church from her teens until her early 30s but never really made friends in the church. Now she has lots of friends, they are nice people but not church people. I try to make up the lack, but she is single and lonely and I can not spend as much time with her as she needs.

You are not the only one who feels this way, maybe you can see if there are others you can reach out to and help. In helping others, you can help yourself.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I know I have a older thread going about another issue I needed you all to help me pray about, but I figured I would start a new one to address some different troubles.

First, I am in desperate need of a job. Since I have graduated high school back in May 2016, I have applied for many different jobs, but none of them have followed through. One of the first I applied for, a job at my then-local Fred's, I was actually hired, only to be fired before starting because the manager decided she couldn't work around my church schedule. Since then, I have applied at two banks, Valmiera Glass, Footwear Factory, another Fred's, Dollar General, and other places, but nothing's come of any of them yet. The Footwear Factory, which would be a new business in my area, is hopefully within the next month or so. As it seems, I was one of the first handfuls that filled out an application. During a tent revival meeting I went to a couple of weeks back, the pastor called me down to the front and told me that Jesus was getting ready to make a move in my finances, whether that be blessing me with money, but he seemed sure the Lord was fixing to give me a job.

Second, I need a healing in my lower back. Since last October, I have had (sometimes) unbearable pain shoot down my right leg. After several ER visits, we finally got an MRI done, and it was determined I have pinched nerve that is causing the pain. Go figure. I started seeing a chiropractor, who told me my pelvic, shoulders, and spine are uneven and therefore cause this pain. I saw her regularly for almost a month, but without a job and a easy money flow, I simply cannot afford the trips to see her any further. I honestly feel like the Lord wants to heal me, but that He wants me in the right spot, faith-wise, to do it. Every time I have discussed going to the chiropractor in the past few weeks, I instantly feel a relief and I continue praying, thanking Jesus for the healing I know He's going to grant.

Lastly, and most importantly to me I suppose, I have a rather difficult time with my personal self-esteem. Because I was chunky, non-athletic, semi-geeky, and occasionally socially awkward, I was never a "popular kid" in school, whether I was in church or not. This trend has continued post-high school, and as I have settled more into church itself. I have had quite a number close friends after entering church, but it just doesn't seem to work out. Most of them, especially the guys, only seemed to like me when I compromised my soft exterior to be more jockish. To almost all of them, I am, quite frankly, their default friend. Or that's how it seems. They're never really interested in hanging out or including me unless their other buddies aren't there, especially the guys. As for the girls, well, being in church, I tend to stay distant because I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea with me having too many close friends that are girls. All of this tends to way on my heavily, sometimes more so than others. I am at the point now where I have decided to keep everyone at arm's length. I don't really have desire to have anyone particularly close to me. I still love my "friends", I pray for them all the time, and I do wish things could be better. But it's hard when you don't feel like you fit in with any clique per se, and most people are just tolerating you. I find myself, especially at my Mother's church, gravitating to the older ladies that like to hear me sing, testify, and call me "their boy". They like me for me, and I honestly doubt that anyone else really does.

To make this post as short as possible, I just ask you all to please help me pray for these three things troubling me. I greatly appreciate all of you doing so!

In Jesus' Name,
Holy Roller
Hey Bro. I have said in the past that I can see you love holiness and truth and was glad when you chose to stay with your Dad. So dont take this wrong but im gona show you some tough love man to man and in no way trying to hurt you. First about the job, just keep looking and Im sure God will bless.

As far as your back pain. Ill tell you a story of what happened to my wife. She hurt her back a few years ago and was going to the doc about it MRI, chiropractor etc. One day at church an evangelist was preaching about child like faith and called some of the kids with the Holy Ghost up to the front and asked if anyone would like the kids to pray for them. Well my wife was the first to step out and when they prayed for her she was healed immediately. It was one of those right before your eyes kind of things it was awesome. So God can surely heal you also.

OK the tough love part. You describe your exterior as "soft", you gravitate towards the older women, etc. This is not OK. You are aware of how God feels about effeminate guys and one of the definitions is "soft" and its not talking about having a baby face. Mannerism makes a difference, this of course is not saying in order to be manly one must go be some sports star or a great hunter or something. But our mannerisms, the way we carry ourselves, walk, talk, think, act must be in contrast to effeminacy i.e. the way a girl or woman would. Even if its just personality that may identify closer to the way a woman acts, these things must be done away with. Like I said not trying to hurt in any means and If im completely misreading your post please forgive and scrap my reply.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Keeping you in prayer in Jesus name. Listen to your pastor, the elders, and most important of all our Lord and Father Jesus Christ.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
OK the tough love part. You describe your exterior as "soft", you gravitate towards the older women, etc. This is not OK. You are aware of how God feels about effeminate guys and one of the definitions is "soft" and its not talking about having a baby face. Mannerism makes a difference, this of course is not saying in order to be manly one must go be some sports star or a great hunter or something. But our mannerisms, the way we carry ourselves, walk, talk, think, act must be in contrast to effeminacy i.e. the way a girl or woman would. Even if its just personality that may identify closer to the way a woman acts, these things must be done away with. Like I said not trying to hurt in any means and If im completely misreading your post please forgive and scrap my reply
You’re a special kind of idiot, aren’t you?
Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

In Jesus' Name,
Holy Roller
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You’re a special kind of idiot, aren’t you?
Young man dont be foolish. name calling is immature.