Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Holy Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
That's not the Spirit giving the utterance and if that's what your referring to as you spoke in tongues like you did just make yourself do that. That's not the real thing, regardless what the charismatics say.

The reason you don't believe is, you never received the Holy Ghost for real. Thats just a deceptive spirit. You need to repent of false Doctrine, cuz if you don't it's downhill from here.
Yup the devil is a counterfeit for everything.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So, you weren't necessarily convinced it was true, you just really really hoped it was true. Does that about sum it up?
Nope. No hoping it was true. I knew it was.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You missed what I was saying. By "looking and acting the part" I did not mean they intentionally tried to act like the others, I meant that to all appearances, they could not be distinguished from the others.

I know the Bible talks about Christians who have experienced the Holy Ghost and then falling away. I never denied that.

What I don't understand is why you can't seem to see the contradiction in claiming "the real thing is fake" or that "the fake stuff is real". Real chocolate cannot be fake chocolate. Fake chocolate cannot be real chocolate.

But none of that matters, really. What I'm curious about is why you seem intent on convincing us you are a genuine full blown apostate? What's the point? You don't believe in God anymore? And?

Or are you just really confused, and are hoping somebody might say the right things that give you some faith?

I really don't understand the point of your posts here.
Not everything has a deeper meaning. This is a discussion board. I posted my thiughts
Old 01-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
All I made was a classic argument by contradiction. A is true. A logically leads/led to something untrue. Therefore A must be untrue.

A = I received the same true Holy Ghost that everyone else received and spoke in the "same" true tongues that everyone else speaks in.

Since I received the same true holy ghost and spoke in the "same" true tongues then I shouldn't be able to speak in tongues in the same way that I can do now.

Thus A is false. The only 2 logical possibilities are either that I did not receive the same true Holy Ghost and tongues experience everyone else did or that there is no actual Holy Ghost and tongues experience as Pentecostals describe.

I am a witness that the Holy Ghost and tongues I received were the same as everyone else. Those I used to attend church with would also bear witness to this.

Thus the only remaining option I have is to view all the experiences as not being real.
Your error is in assuming you had the same experience everyone else did. You might have had the same experience everyone else in YOUR local church had, but that doesn't mean much.

Because your experience does not match mine. Or my wife's. Or a bunch of other people I know. But it DOES match the experience of yet others I have known, who are mostly backslid and apostate now. So there's that.

You are assuming certain things are true in order to validate yourself and your current understanding, including your supposed past (as you are currently interpreting it). You also seem very ignorant of certain basic concepts presented in the Scriptures, and I'll go further and say I honestly doubt you have any interest in what those concepts are or how they might offer a different perspective on your situation.

But, if there's no God, no Holy Ghost, no real genuine salvation, then why are you here? Why aren't you out doing all the fun things you missed out on while living the fake Christian life?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
That's not the Spirit giving the utterance and if that's what your referring to as you spoke in tongues like you did just make yourself do that. That's not the real thing, regardless what the charismatics say.

The reason you don't believe is, you never received the Holy Ghost for real. Thats just a deceptive spirit. You need to repent of false Doctrine, cuz if you don't it's downhill from here.
You should be careful of blasphemy if the HOly Ghost. Bearing false witness against the Holy Ghost is blasphemy isn’t it?
Old 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Nope. No hoping it was true. I knew it was.
BASED ON WHAT? Your previous "reasons" you gave are about as far from any kind of "rationally convincing reasons" as you can get, they were all emotional.

I don't think you were ever actually CONVINCED. Did you believe? Sure. But not because of any kind of rational reason. It was all fear of going to hell, peer pressure, family expectations, learned habit, etc.

So, basically wishful thinking.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
BASED ON WHAT? Your previous "reasons" you gave are about as far from any kind of "rationally convincing reasons" as you can get, they were all emotional.

I don't think you were ever actually CONVINCED. Did you believe? Sure. But not because of any kind of rational reason. It was all fear of going to hell, peer pressure, family expectations, learned habit, etc.

So, basically wishful thinking.
Family pressure lol. My family thought i was in a cult. I was the only person in my family attending an apostolic church. Peer pressure and learned habits and family expectations are a non-starter because if that
Old 01-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Family pressure lol. My family thought i was in a cult. I was the only person in my family attending an apostolic church.
I'm only going by what you said, you mentioned "upbringing" or something like that, did you not? So I assumed you were raised in at least a nominally Christian-type home.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm only going by what you said, you mentioned "upbringing" or something like that, did you not? So I assumed you were raised in at least a nominally Christian-type home.
When I was young my mom took me to a Baptist church.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You should be careful of blasphemy if the HOly Ghost. Bearing false witness against the Holy Ghost is blasphemy isn’t it?
Thats not even what that means. My Bible says "test the spirits and see If its of God", just from what you say about your experience I can tell you that's not it. You may of experienced something and you may even believe it, but if you think what you can just roll off your own tongue in your own power is tongues you dont have any idea what your talking about.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!