Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Re: Changes within UPC (recent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnman View Post
Wow! I ask a general question about how things where in the Org and the whole thread went into a debate on tithing. Any other input???
The God Robbers never miss an opportunity.

J/K

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
Who decides who's allowed to have what? I have a 2014 Mustang convertible. I was going to buy an old one (was looking for 89-93 models) but despite being affordable most were ragged out. And the better ones would run 6-8k. And there's no guarantee it would run for long.
I sometimes have to drive 60 miles to 100 miles a day for work, so I have to have a dependable vehicle. Low mileage always helps. So I bought a new Mustang.

Earlier in 2014 I traded in my wife's vehicle because it was wearing out. We went to a Mazda dealer, they still had 2 2013 Mazda 3's. I bought her a new 2013 and got a big discount because it was last years model.

Now if I took her car to church no one would think anything of it. A small white 4 door car.
If I took my car, top down and all, to church some folks would probably be talking about how that's why I don't believe in tithes.

The truth? I bought my mustang pre-owned (had 14k miles on it). Both car cost nearly the same, and actually the payment on my car is cheaper ($331/mo).

When I was buying used clunkers at Tote the Note places I was paying $75/WK and that was 10 years ago.

You can't judge people based on what they have but sadly that's what some folks do.
I thought that post was crazy. No offense.
Philippians 2:12 - ...Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism

1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith ...
Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Never been UPCI and never plan to be...However I deeply respect them....nothing bad to say....
Since you said the above..

Let me ask you this? Why have you never attended or even plan to attend a UPCI church?

You did say you respect them.

1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esphes45 View Post
Since you said the above..

Let me ask you this? Why have you never attended or even plan to attend a UPCI church?

You did say you respect them.
I don't see where she said she hasn't attended a UPC church....her statement reads never have been (licensed) is what I get.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

If there was anything new in the UPC we probably would know by now. I dont teach tithing but if they changed on that it would be very inconsequential to me.

Its the foundation doctrine that needs to change to conform to a New Testament Church. If they were to embrace post trib rapture, soul sleep and annihilation that would be real change!

Then they could move on to entire sanctification/sinless perfection. It would truly be a heavy duty org!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

God Bless the UPC.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
In their articles of faith of 2013, they call all non tithers.."God Robbers"...I knew there was a catch to their org., it is all about the M O N E Y (the article quotes the O.T. Law of Mal. 3)

That must be changed
Should our Apostolic Pastors be forced to go out into the workplace like the ordinary breadwinner then? Is that what you think Sean?
Old 11-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Should our Apostolic Pastors be forced to go out into the workplace like the ordinary breadwinner then? Is that what you think Sean?
Oh how horrible that would be!

I guess UPC Preachers are better than the Elders of the Churches Paul established.

Acts 20:33-35

33I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. 34Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. 35I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The Elder/Pastors in the New Testament were instructed to work with their own hands.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
The Apostle Paul did. He wasn't "ordinary" and he worked for a living. On the other hand we are all kings and priests. None of us should "have" to work.

Last edited by Pilgrum; 11-05-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
If there was anything new in the UPC we probably would know by now. I dont teach tithing but if they changed on that it would be very inconsequential to me.

Its the foundation doctrine that needs to change to conform to a New Testament Church. If they were to embrace post trib rapture, soul sleep and annihilation that would be real change!

Then they could move on to entire sanctification/sinless perfection. It would truly be a heavy duty org!
UPC doesn't teach soul sleep and annihilation? What do they teach? (I'm asking because I am interested in knowing)

To be honest, I was thinking about attending a UPC church in my area last Sunday just to see for myself. I might go and visit this Sunday.

One thing you have to admit about UPC, from the outside, they seem really organized than most churches. To me that is a plus. Let everything be done is decent and in order. Confusion bothers me.