Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Getting to know Jesus

The "choking game" - talk to your kids!

A woman on a coupon forum I read & post on just lost her 12 year old son to the "choking game." Another woman posted as well that she lost a child to this "game" in 2004. How tragic! (Another woman posted, saying that it was something that she used to play as a teen.)

Just thought I'd post so that we, as parents, can be aware of this dangerous game.

Here is the info:

http://gaspinfo.com/en/home.asp

http://stilllovingmygabriel.com/
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM
aquestioninggirl

A lady at our church lost a granchild to this. It is so scarey!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Incredible India

This is a horrible game! The kids school send out information about it last year. Luckily my kids think its scary.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Is this for real?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Getting to know Jesus

Yes, this is for real.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

I've heard of this kind of thing happening, but not with young children.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

I've heard about it. I've read about it. I've never known anyone who has experienced losing someone to it personally - and for that I give the Lord thanks!!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Formerly known as CareyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdued View Post
A woman on a coupon forum I read & post on just lost her 12 year old son to the "choking game." Another woman posted as well that she lost a child to this "game" in 2004. How tragic! (Another woman posted, saying that it was something that she used to play as a teen.)

Just thought I'd post so that we, as parents, can be aware of this dangerous game.

Here is the info:

http://gaspinfo.com/en/home.asp

http://stilllovingmygabriel.com/
There was a huge write-up in the Reader's Digest a few years back about this. I talked to my two older boys right away. I remember playing this "game" in the back of the school bus when we lived in Gresham and then doing it at home in my room by myself. Scary!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyM View Post
There was a huge write-up in the Reader's Digest a few years back about this. I talked to my two older boys right away. I remember playing this "game" in the back of the school bus when we lived in Gresham and then doing it at home in my room by myself. Scary!
I must say this is very sad news.