Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

"Huckabee & McCain" sounds like a lawyer firm name!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
lol yeah it does! Good call!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Walkbyfaith7

Or better yet:

Huckabee, McCain and Romney
Old 01-10-2008, 05:14 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
agreed. the next off the bench is Stevens, then likely Kennedy. kennedy is the swing.

It would not supprise me if McCain appointed moderates or if he kept the current balance by replacing JPS with a liberal and Kennedy with a mod.

I dont trust him at all. I also wonder if he can actually win.
Yes,

Kennedy does seem to be the swing voter most of the time. But, I would think that Ruth B. Ginsberg would probably be the next to go after Stevens. They are both getting old. I would be very pleased to see Ginsberg replaced. She is nuts. She believes that nine, ten year old girls have the right to consent to sex. She is out in far space.

I too wonder if McCain can win. So far, he is doing about as good as any of the rest of them. The demon-crats scare me though. I see that they are getting larger numbers out in the primaries than are the Republicans. I hope that is not a portend of things to come in the Gen Election.

If McCain makes it to the White House, I can only pray that he will keep his word to appoint all constructionist to the bench.

One thing for sure, the next president is going to have a basket full of problems to deal with...the least of which is the growing financial crisis in our nation. We are now ON THE BRINK...regardless what those boys with those rose colored glasses say.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
Yes,

Kennedy does seem to be the swing voter most of the time. But, I would think that Ruth B. Ginsberg would probably be the next to go after Stevens. They are both getting old. I would be very pleased to see Ginsberg replaced. She is nuts. She believes that nine, ten year old girls have the right to consent to sex. She is out in far space.

I too wonder if McCain can win. So far, he is doing about as good as any of the rest of them. The demon-crats scare me though. I see that they are getting larger numbers out in the primaries than are the Republicans. I hope that is not a portend of things to come in the Gen Election.

If McCain makes it to the White House, I can only pray that he will keep his word to appoint all constructionist to the bench.

One thing for sure, the next president is going to have a basket full of problems to deal with...the least of which is the growing financial crisis in our nation. We are now ON THE BRINK...regardless what those boys with those rose colored glasses say.
I am hoping and praying that the Republicans win. but I also know history says the Rs dont have a chance.

If I recall correctly in years where the sitting president is not running and has an approval rating below 50%, that mans party has failed to win the whitehouse.

The war looks to be a non-issue now, however it has been a sore spot. No republican candidate appeals to the base of the party, and we are looking at a slowdown in the economy.

the deck is stacked against the Rs in this deal.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Interestingly enough, at this moment Romney has more delegates than either McCain or Huckabee.

I don't trust McCain.

Huckabee is a foreign policy fool.(I heard a speech of his on Iran)

That being said any of the three would be worlds ahead of anyone the Dems are offering up.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Renewed

Quote:
the other thing about Huck has to do with the pardons.
Now I know you know better than I and I would like clarification but I understand the Gov. doesnt actually pardon in ARK it goes before a pardon and paroll board that actually makes the recomendation?

however, he did write a letter to one guy that got out and raped and killed again. It seemed he was on board with this guys release?
I'm not real happy about this either. The governor can not pardon, but he can write letters of recomendation.

Side Note; the parole board is saying now that Huckabee "pressured" them to let the guy out. You tell me why and when has an all democrat elected board ever been pressured by a Republican? Sorry, not buying it.

Here is my opinion on it. The liberal parole board felt sorry for him. period. And in a way he had gotten what he deserved. Heck man, he was attacked and casturated in prison. Which should happen to most all rapist in my opinion. But you know what, only God could have seen his heart. Huckabee is only a man, he made a judgement call based on his religious views of forgivness, and he was wrong.

I can't count the times we have been burned as a congregation when we help what appears to be someone in need and instead turns out to be someone just taking advantage.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
LOL... Yes.

Also sounds a lot like a Samuel Clement's sequel to Huckleberry Finn.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM
arbitrary subjective label

Re: I've been thinking about Huckabee and McCain

Quote:
I am hoping and praying that the Republicans win. but I also know history says the Rs dont have a chance.

If I recall correctly in years where the sitting president is not running and has an approval rating below 50%, that mans party has failed to win the whitehouse.

The war looks to be a non-issue now, however it has been a sore spot. No republican candidate appeals to the base of the party, and we are looking at a slowdown in the economy.

the deck is stacked against the Rs in this deal.
If you're truly concerned about the economy, then you ought to get all fired up about Ron Paul. His idea of getting back to the gold standard is a sign that he is the only one of the bunch that has a chance of having a clue about what the true state of affairs is in America regarding our finances. Some of our hottest trading partners were not too long ago our enemy godless communist oppressors. These same corrupt nations have amassed inconceivable cash surpluses while we continue mad deficit spending and running the printing presses with a silly grin. Our policies have allowed us to reach a position where nations not altogether sympathetic to our interests have enormous leverage over us, most of our population is incapable of the levels of reason and critical thought necessary to truly understand these complex issues, and therefore votes for short-term and self-serving reasons, and our currency is in freefall.

People need to understand that leaving the gold standard was a decision that benefited only a select cadre, and created an invisible tax (called inflation) for the rest of us. FDR established some awful programs, and these programs have been horrendously abused by the public and private sector alike. The practice of deficit spending is unconstitutional and unbiblical. The civil rights voting act of 1964 was just the start of our long slide into wealth transfer programs, and away from our constitution. Each year we erode more and more of our liberties, prop up more and more special interest groups, and become less and less of a constitutional republic.

Few things are more evil or destructive than our current monetary policy, yet 99% of the population are incapable of understanding the situation, the history, and the potential solutions.

Thinking makes our heads hurt, so let's see what Britney is up to, and watch the latest episode of Lost or the superbowl.

Bread and circuses for the oblivious doomed.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: I've been thinking about Huckabee and McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by embonpoint View Post

I don't trust McCain.
I don't either...