Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Re: I've been thinking about Huckabee and McCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
Ferd,

I know that McCain is a social liberal. That scares me. The only heartening thing that I heard from him; he promised to appoint ONLY "original intent" judges to the bench. If he is elected, I can only hope that he does.

This is important because there are a couple of judges getting ready to kick the bucket. One of them is John Paul Stevens, the most whacked-out liberal on the Supreme bench.
"Original intent" language is a joke. The Founders never intended for money powers to have this much political clout. Also the Founders didn't deem blacks worthy of the right to vote.

Original intent is just flowery language to decieve the gullible into believing they have a romantic historical promise that will never come to fruition.

It should also be noted that while surgical abortion wasn't a procedure in the 1700's induced micarriage was often performed by physicians per a woman's request or even the request of her husband, especially if the woman was white and the father was believed to be black. Typically physicians wouldn't perform such procedures after "quickening" where fetal movement could be detected. Abortion's legality in the United States wasn't challenged until the mid 1800s. This is why so many "original intent" justices often rule in favor of choice. This is how they trick us. So in the abortion debate nominating "original intent" justices is a double code. It is meant to energize the religious base and reassure the conservative social liberals who really call the shots. The idea of "original intent" means very little. I'm not pro-abortion. I'm just presenting a little info bros.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)