Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
anger, obama, race, white, wright

Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: Obama Addresses Racial "Anger"

I listened to much of the Obama speech. I do not feel he did much but justify the the statements made by Minister Wright and why he stayed under his ministry. If Obama is elected I believe that he will further divide this country.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
I listened to much of the Obama speech. I do not feel he did much but justify the the statements made by Minister Wright and why he stayed under his ministry. If Obama is elected I believe that he will further divide this country.
McCain is starting to look better and better every day.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
While Obama flatly rejects the remarks of a long time influence, Pastor Jeremiah Wright, he also addressed the "anger" that many black Americans and some white Americans feel, in regards to "Race", "Inequalities", "Past Generations" and the "Current Situation". After you read his remarks, do you think he's "on target" in addressing real issues or is simply race-baiting?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080318/..._pr/obama_race
Obama is not "race baiting". He is desperately trying to hold on to the white men who have voted Republican in the last few elections and who have been very instrumental in Obama's winning of several primaries.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It's hard to respect people that have their pants hanging to their knees so I can see what color and brand of boxers they wear, and can't understand what they are saying since they refuse to use proper English. How stupid is that?
Hopefully, that's not the first thing that comes to mind when you think of black people. If it is, then you may have to pray about why that would be the first thing that comes to your mind. Surely when I think of white people, the worst of them are not the first who come to my mind.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post

I believe that he thought he was shedding light on a mind set that many Americans do share (justifiably or not). I believe he wants Americans to admit to ourselves that there are issues left unresolved and that everyone has a stake and getting to the core of these issues.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Do any of you believe we as a nation have completely treated the black people fairly and behaved toward them in a Christian manner?

What about our genocide against thousands of Native Americans. We overlook these things because our people did them. If he was an Indian he'd have the right to condemn America over this grave sin in our past also.
So, this is your rationalization to vote for a man who has not answered as to why he allowed Pastor White to be his spiritual leader for so long? You are going to now base your vote upon how the white man treated the black man for all those years? Are you serious??????
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
I think NOT! To "condemn" America? What gives with that!

It's appalling for a presidential candidate to be anti-American.

I really don't think he is anti-American at all.

Isn't there anyone in your past that still has views that are "not politically correct" but still has had a positive influence on you and others around you? This is why he stated that he could not disown that Pastor or his white Grandmother, who both have serious racial issues. I suspect that in America, they are not the only black and white people who have serious racial issues.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

There came a time when I had to tell my father some things he was saying were inappropriate for my son to hear.

He had a choice, stop saying them, or stop seeing his grandson.

It is why Michelle Obama slipped up, but the real tragedy is Obama's children, 6 & 9. Been there since birth. Their minds and attitudes are possibly already formed.

And the cycle continues......
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It's hard to respect people that have their pants hanging to their knees so I can see what color and brand of boxers they wear, and can't understand what they are saying since they refuse to use proper English. How stupid is that?
Well....I don't know what to say. I was taught to respect people for the mere sake that they are human beings. It doesn't matter how one dresses or how one speaks. Many of our pastors would be judged as "dummies" by the world's standards. And yes...we dress weird compared to their standards too.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Seems to me like Obama put a huge nail in his own coffin today when he addressed his pastor's words.

The stuff had gone around the internet for the last couple of months telling you how to check out the website for Obama's home church and what they believe and what they stand for. But alot of people were still sitting back watching with a touch of skepticism because there wasn't yet proof that Obama had aligned himself with that church. Today he made it clear.

And frankly, having listened to what he had to say, I was left feeling like he was actually agreeing with the pastor's rhetoric, but was saying it in such a way that he was trying to make it sound acceptable.

I'm not a Hilary fan. But I'm even less an Obama fan.
Obama is a black man. He can relate to what his pastor is trying to communicate. I'm sure you could record many of our churches on any given Sunday and hear things that would make America gasp with disbelief if any of us were running for President.

Even in main line Christianity you have Zionists who advocate eliminating every Palestinian in the West Bank. That's genocide. On this very forum some have advocated executing homosexuals.

Try to "understand" instead of looking for an excuse to condemn. Wright truly believes he's people have been done wrong, have been oppressed, and are still suffering in many ways. It may be difficult...but try to see where he's coming from and judge what he says from his perspective instead of your own.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)