Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: AZ to Require BHO Show Birth Cert for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Twisp.... sow your wild seed with someone else. If you have already read my last post you are a miraculous speed reader. Oh yes, that's right, your a part of the crowd that doesn't read it, they just pass it. So don't ask me further questions until you have read what I sent you. If you want to send me another response, first state at the top that you read my 3 post and then I will communicate with you. Otherwise I'm through with you and those like you.

Been Thinkin
I read the 3 posts from you previously. I scanned them earnestly, trusting that you had answered my question(s).

Since you failed to do so, I shall ask again. Please tell me when Obama was asked to show his college records by a person with a legitimate reason, and when President Obama refused to do so.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisp View Post
I read the 3 posts from you previously. I scanned them earnestly, trusting that you had answered my question(s).

Since you failed to do so, I shall ask again. Please tell me when Obama was asked to show his college records by a person with a legitimate reason, and when President Obama refused to do so.

I'm sorry sir. I don't believe you. The time of the posts are listed and there is no way you could have read the 3 posts with the maximum # of characters in 2 of the posts and the third with almost as many characters in the time between our two posts. Not calling you a liar.... just don't believe you!

I'm thru!

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm sorry sir. I don't believe you. The time of the posts are listed and there is no way you could have read the 3 posts with the maximum # of characters in 2 of the posts and the third with almost as many characters in the time between our two posts. Not calling you a liar.... just don't believe you!

I'm thru!

BT
A person couldn't read that in 7 minutes??? Now me, I probably couldn't. I'm a slow reader when I want to really soak things in. But there are plenty of readers that read 2-3 times faster than me and they could have done that easily in 7 minutes.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'm thru!

BT
You posted the first of the 3 posts in question at 10:50. I responded that I had read them at 11:06. That is 16 minutes. You don't think someone could read 3 posts in 16 minutes? Really? Seriously? You want to re-think that any?

You seem to be dancing around my 2 questions. They should be very easy to answer if you have proof.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
A person couldn't read that in 7 minutes??? Now me, I probably couldn't. I'm a slow reader when I want to really soak things in. But there are plenty of readers that read 2-3 times faster than me and they could have done that easily in 7 minutes.
Wasn't even 7 minutes. From the time he posted them to the time I answered was 16 minutes, lol. That is a lot of time to read 3 posts.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post

Help him out jfrog. You sound like two of a kind. A person ask you a question and you respond with a question and when a long long answer with a display of articles that have not been produced by Obama is posted that's still not good enough. There is enough material out there to answer all your questions, fill up many many posts, (although you would not accept any of them probably) so why waste my time. Have fun with someone else!

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Help him out jfrog. You sound like two of a kind. A person ask you a question and you respond with a question and when a long long answer with a display of articles that have not been produced by Obama is posted that's still not good enough. There is enough material out there to answer all your questions, fill up many many posts, (although you would not accept any of them probably) so why waste my time. Have fun with someone else!

BT
This is why the birther movement is a fringe movement and will never take off, besides the fact that it is wrong.

Once birthers are asked to show any facts, they start other arguments to distract from the facts. They try to retreat. They act like everyone else is just blindly following and their movement, with no facts, is the right one.

It is easy to dispel the birther movement. Just ask them to provide facts.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

Do you carry your birth certificate around with you.?OH that's right you are not dark skinned are you?

All ready on today's news a brown skinned truck driver, born in Fresno Calif. stopped at a weigh scale in AZ. He showed his CDL but was arrested because he couldn't prove he was an American. His wife had to bring his birth cert.. She was one smart woman as she brought along her birth cert. as she went to the Nazi AZ jail.

If you are dark skinned and you have to travel in AZ bring your papers along. Sounds like Russia or Nazi Germany.
1) Do you even live in Arizona? I do. You have no clue what you're talking about.

2) I'd like a source for the "all ready on today's news" blurb you posted. I'm sure there's relevant and important information as to why he was arrested that you've conveniently left out.

****Update****

Did a quick google search....

1) The man was arrested by FEDERAL ICE Agents. FEDERAL ... not Arizona law enforcement.
2) The FEDERAL ICE Agents stated the man failed to have proper documentation and STANDARD PROCEDURE was followed
3) The only reason this is being reported is because the man is Latino and it happened in the state where a controversial immigration bill was just passed.

Source

Last edited by n david; 04-26-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

From 3TV (AZ news station):

Quote:
A representative at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) returned 3TV’s calls after researching the incident and she said this was standard operating procedure.

The agents needed to verify Abdon was in the country legally and it is not uncommon to ask for someone's birth certificate. She also said this has nothing to do with the proposed bill or racial profiling.
Source
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I am concerned about this law. Still reserving judgement until I can get a good answer, but it seems to me that there is a potential for uncontitutional searches without probable cause.

If that is the case the bill needs to be re-written.

If however the law only requires that when an individual is detained for some reasonable stop (speeding to suspect in a crime) and cannot produce valid identification that they proceed with looking into status then I am fine with it.

If however, as I stated, this law allows for stopping individuals simply to check "papers" then i consider it a violation of the contitution.