Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: Obama's private prayer leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
with an attitude like that I'm afraid you may be confused as to who is sitting on the throne. God loves Barack Obama as much as He loves you or me or any other person that "should have never been born"
There is no doubt in my mind that God loves Obama as much as me. He is God, and it is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But I ain't God, and while I am striving for the kingdom, Obama snubs his nose at your and my God.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Or it shows that he is sharp enough to know that somebody was going to pick up hat piece of paper and make it public!
Bro, with all due respects, he was visiting the wall. Many important people throughout the world and in our own political system have placed prayers in that wall...and their prayers weren't exposed. Obama had no reason to think they would treat his prayers any different. The people "politicizing" what should have been a private prayer are the right wingers who are filled with nothing but hatred for Obama.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChTatum View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that God loves Obama as much as me. He is God, and it is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But I ain't God, and while I am striving for the kingdom, Obama snubs his nose at your and my God.
what has he done to snub his nose at God?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
On hotel stationary, he penned the following prayer, according to Maariv, which ran a photo of the note: "Lord, protect my family and me," Obama wrote. "Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Evidently thought it out, not a spontaneous prayer, looks like he wrote it at the hotel.
Anyone who knows anything about visiting the wall knows it calls for a prayer that comes from the wells of one's heart. Spontaneous prayer is often shallow and misses the point. I appreciate any man who thinks about what he needs from God.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
what has he done to snub his nose at God?
He's a democrat.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
You are either needing oxygen to support your brain cells or an idiot.

Speak in tongues all you want as you vote for a baby killer.
This is what I still don't understand. We have had a Republican President for 8 straight years. At one point we had a Republican Hill to go with it. Yet and still hundreds of thousands of babies have been aborted, and regardless of who is elected in November hundreds of thousands more will be in the next 4 years. So in my estimation we have always had and always will have baby killers in power. I am sick and tired of the abortion issue becoming a lip-service, rhetorical position.
I am not one for plenty of talk and what people say does not impress me one bit. Unless you are going to do something about abortion, quit harping on it in your campaign. It is patronizing, insulting, and to me is a slap in the face of all the babies who will be aborted.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Honorary Admin

Don't think for a moment that Obama didn't think about the possibility of his prayer being made public. This guy is shrewd as they come. God certainly love him, but I don't know if that really goes both ways or not. I don't want to presume too much.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He's a democrat.

Democratic policies reflect the will of a large percentage of the American population. Politicians are advocating the policies that reflect the will of the people of the world. Much of the world is liberal and progressive. I don't think you should blame a politician that is reflecting the will of the people he or she represents.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
No conspiracy theory here. I am just saying if he has half a brain he knew there was a good chance a reporter or someone was going to retrieve that piece of paper.

It doesn't make him evil. Anyone in his position would know that and probably make sure they took that into consideration with what they wrote.
Bro....many political figures and dignitaries have left their prayers at the wall without anyone revealing what the prayed. In fact, this is a first. Obama had no reason to think his prayer would be treated any different. Here's the deal....people hate Obama so much they'll politicize his prayer. I think it's more likely that some bottom scavenging right wingnut stole the prayer TO politicize it.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
This is what I still don't understand. We have had a Republican President for 8 straight years. At one point we had a Republican Hill to go with it. Yet and still hundreds of thousands of babies have been aborted, and regardless of who is elected in November hundreds of thousands more will be in the next 4 years. So in my estimation we have always had and always will have baby killers in power. I am sick and tired of the abortion issue becoming a lip-service, rhetorical position.
I am not one for plenty of talk and what people say does not impress me one bit. Unless you are going to do something about abortion, quit harping on it in your campaign. It is patronizing, insulting, and to me is a slap in the face of all the babies who will be aborted.
Pony up and read the script.

When we had a republican president abd a republican congress, we had a definitive liberal supreme court.

This is where the law would have been struck down.

Study our form of government. The judicial branch as opposed to the executive and legislative branches is where the battle will be fought. The next president will possibly have the ability to appoint one or two supreme court justices. This is where conservative ideals must prevail. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Walk towards the light.