Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Requesting Prayer

Requesting prayer for a new job and housing. East valley rent prices have skyrocketed. A 3 bedroom is over 1,500 a month, which is well out of our affordability. We've been living in a very small 800 sq ft 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom for over 5 years because the landlord is retired and doesn't raise the rent unless he has to. Unfortunately the kids are growing and it's just too small.

Earlier this month, I was interviewed as a witness in a criminal investigation by state investigators due to a co-worker claiming I committed fraud on her husband's case. I have worked with her for 2 years and was completely blindsided. Thus far, no charges have been filed against her even though her digital fingerprints are all over the case and another witness gave a sworn deposition that my co-worker told the witness almost a year ago that she was going to shut down the case because it would ruin their credit report and they were trying to qualify for a new home loan.

I had been praying, looking and applying for jobs prior to this, but after this incident I really need to find something else.

Also, I've had an issue with my throat where it feels like something is lodged in my throat. It comes and goes. My Dr. said it looked to be caused by congestion and sinus drainage, but it's going on a month and I haven't had much congestion or drainage lately. I'd rather not have to go under for a Laryngoscopy. God is able to remove or heal whatever is causing this.

I appreciate your prayers.

Last edited by n david; 12-26-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Requesting Prayer

Praying for you my brother. Don't worry about anything, Jesus will see you through as He has done many times before.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:15 PM
Administrator

n david, praying for your situaiton. Both job and health.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 12-27-2019, 11:25 AM
On the road less traveled

Will definitely pray for you!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Also, I've had an issue with my throat where it feels like something is lodged in my throat. It comes and goes. My Dr. said it looked to be caused by congestion and sinus drainage, but it's going on a month and I haven't had much congestion or drainage lately. I'd rather not have to go under for a Laryngoscopy. God is able to remove or heal whatever is causing this.

I appreciate your prayers.
Still having issues with whatever this is with my throat. The past several days I've had discomfort in my upper chest and right side. Going to the Dr again for a follow up and likely referral to ENT to get scoped and see what's going on.

Thanks for the prayers.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Still having issues with whatever this is with my throat. The past several days I've had discomfort in my upper chest and right side. Going to the Dr again for a follow up and likely referral to ENT to get scoped and see what's going on.

Thanks for the prayers.
I've been to an ENT. A laryngoscopy isn't difficult. Its a very small tube and doesn't gag or feel obstructive at all. I didn't need sedation and I'm wimpy when it comes to medical procedures.
Have you had any imaging done (MRI, CT scan)?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-12-2020, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

Update: Went to the ENT and the Dr was great. Worst part of the visit was the numbing spray up the nose. The stuff was terrible! Couldn't believe how quick and easy the scope was though. Didn't feel a thing.

Good news, no abnormalities. No growths or polyps or tumors or any obstructions. Dr says he saw a lot of irritation and signs of acid reflux. He gave an RX for Protonix, said stop eating late night comfort foods (Dr Pepper and Flaming Hot Fritos are my favorite) right before bed, take RX for 30 days and it should start getting better.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:04 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Update: Went to the ENT and the Dr was great. Worst part of the visit was the numbing spray up the nose. The stuff was terrible! Couldn't believe how quick and easy the scope was though. Didn't feel a thing.

Good news, no abnormalities. No growths or polyps or tumors or any obstructions. Dr says he saw a lot of irritation and signs of acid reflux. He gave an RX for Protonix, said stop eating late night comfort foods (Dr Pepper and Flaming Hot Fritos are my favorite) right before bed, take RX for 30 days and it should start getting better.
Wonderful to hear the good update!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:18 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Awesome update!
Old 01-12-2020, 02:54 AM
Covenant Apostolic