Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Re: McMinnville pastor accused in suit of Defamati

News update. Davies will be in Louisiana in January. Cox is sentence in January. Coincidence hmmm. Spirit call to Spirit.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Ghost HH View Post
News update. Davies will be in Louisiana in January. Cox is sentence in January. Coincidence hmmm. Spirit call to Spirit.
Hmmmm...you return to post on AFF the same day terrorists strike France. Hmmmm. Spirit calls to spirit....

Old 11-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Ghost HH View Post
Listen, Christianity is supposed to be about forgiveness? Right? OK, so forgive and get on with your life.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Any news on this Lawsuit? No one from the congregation knows anything or else they are a very tight lipped little group.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Could not find the BOLI report, so maybe it has not been finalized??
Old 05-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
I have no idea who either of you two new guys are... and I don't intend to defend either party.
That being said both families/men should be ashamed of their conduct.

Firstly, the pastor should not have used his position in a capacity that could earn him money for a business at the expense of anyone, especially children. He was completely wrong in doing so. That's not to say teenagers should not do things for the church but not in a labor-capacity. If anything, something small and only in a service to the church directly.

I have no idea all of the events that transpired, but when he did that surely they went to him first to hopefully correct the error. If he refused or was unwilling to hear his brother then he should have gotten 2 or 3 others as laid out in the bible for correction. If he further will not hear get a Presbyter involved. (I don't know the setup in Oregon clearly)

Secondly, the pastor should not have called the man out in front of everyone. This is just further wrongs committed. There are things that it really is not the business of the whole congregation and both parties should try to keep their heads and not go tale bearing to everyone. Things should be handled with as few people as possible unless some people are seeking guidance on how to handle a situation.

Thirdly, the man should not have sued the pastor. I am not saying the pastor did correctly. I am saying inside the faith a man should not go about suing another man inside the same faith especially.... it makes all involved look even worse.... it causes further damage to relationships.... and it hurts the faith itself... more than likely this will only cause those outside the church who desire to do damage to the church to feel justified in doing something politically minded that will damage us all.

I am in no way saying that the pastor should not be censured... but I feel it should be done in a better manner.

Regardless of compensation being made or not FORGIVENESS is necessary from both parties. Especially at this point. We HAVE to forgive one another. We cannot be the example to the world we are supposed to be if we do not from our hearts forgive one another our trespasses. And I'm not talking about wishy washy feel good forgiveness. I mean the forgiveness that is based in God's unfailing, unending love. Forgiveness in the same manner that God has forgiven us. Love and compassion is the ONLY thing that will reconcile this situation. No amount of money in judgement or censure will repair this relationship. Only forgiveness in love will.

Forgiveness means laying down our desire for vengeance or recompense. It means laying aside our own feelings of betrayal. It also means apologizing (in this case publicly). It is not about who is right and who is wrong.... true love and forgiveness is not caring about that especially considering both parties have done some wrong. It is about humbling ourselves and desiring reconciliation with our brother...

Pride and Greed have clearly come into this situation. As well as a wounded heart.

I will pray God's mercy for all involved and that he would move in the hearts of everyone to be compassionate to one another.
You are way out of line with your comments about LAW SUITS and saying that the SAINT should not sue the PASTOR. WTH................so what kind of CRIME does a pastor have to commit before you will say it's ok or not ok to seek legal help and sue a PASTOR? You have really Lost your Mind. What about OBEYING THE LAWS OF THE LAND????
If a pastor breaks the law then he is putting himself in a position to be sued.

Last edited by LongBeachCA; 05-08-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Old post revival much?

Out of line? I was giving an opinion.

1 Corinthians 6

"1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren."

How else do you "interpret" this?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachCA View Post
You are way out of line with your comments about LAW SUITS and saying that the SAINT should not sue the PASTOR. WTH................so what kind of CRIME does a pastor have to commit before you will say it's ok or not ok to seek legal help and sue a PASTOR? You have really Lost your Mind. What about OBEYING THE LAWS OF THE LAND????
If a pastor breaks the law then he is putting himself in a position to be sued.
Let me help you out with something.

Because you have just found your liberation from some sort of totalitarian religious order, I may remind you that a legal sword cuts both ways. While everyone is burning a preacher in effigy, you should understand that he can sue you as well. Especially when you all go to a public forum and type away slander, and defamation of character. You would think while you guys were shouting your hair down in prayer and sobbing hot tears of joy, you would of got a revelation. Revelation on how utterly stupid it is to post people's names, places, and events in detail while you are currently in litigations. So, while you are suing the preacher his lawyer is reading your posts. Taking your posts off the Internet and offering them as evidence against YOU. Showing one and all how you are a maniac, uncontrollably out of hand and out of line.

People, the Apostle Paul admonished the Corinthian church that they weren't to go to the Roman magistrates to decide cases against each other. Therefore we aren't to sue each other. You have a problem take it to the brother, if that doesn't work take another brother with you. But a forum isn't the place to deal with this issue. Especially if you are already in litigations, at that time you have already kicked the Bible to the curb, and took off the gloves. Now it is fist city and you are going to sue someone in the church?

Come on, think about this.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

And here I was thinking that we were supposed to read the bible and apply the principles therein to our lives and make decisions based on those principles.... even if it hurts.... alot sometimes.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant's <3 View Post
And here I was thinking that we were supposed to read the bible and apply the principles therein to our lives and make decisions based on those principles.... even if it hurts.... alot sometimes.

You think?