Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Could the Rapture be in 2020?

Old 01-05-2020, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Re: Could the Rapture be in 2020?

What Rapture?
Old 01-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
What Rapture?
did you watch any of the video? it is hilarious.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Saying that the world is not what it should be in that we hope the Rapture take place in 2020 is not the burden of Jesus Christ that he wants in our hearts. He prayed that we don't be taken out of the world but that we remain in the world and protected from its wickedness and be a light in this world and get this thing turned around. This escape mentality that says that I need to get out of here rather than stay here and be the Salt and Light so that they can taste and see that the Lord is good, and change the world around, us is his will.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Saying that the world is not what it should be in that we hope the Rapture take place in 2020 is not the burden of Jesus Christ that he wants in our hearts. He prayed that we don't be taken out of the world but that we remain in the world and protected from its wickedness and be a light in this world and get this thing turned around. This escape mentality that says that I need to get out of here rather than stay here and be the Salt and Light so that they can taste and see that the Lord is good, and change the world around, us is his will.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:20 PM
New User

I just want to leave already... well, after I finish this iced mocha
Old 01-06-2020, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

I don't view the belief of or looking forward to the rapture as "escape mentality."

Spoiler alert, friends: this thing won't get turned around. It will only continue to get worse and worse. God's plan isn't for us to remain here forever, but for us to live eternally with Him.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I don't view the belief of or looking forward to the rapture as "escape mentality."

Spoiler alert, friends: this thing won't get turned around. It will only continue to get worse and worse. God's plan isn't for us to remain here forever, but for us to live eternally with Him.
The rapture is not supposed to be an escape, but it is for far to many. This idea things won't get better no matter what we do is the problem with futurism. Let the devil have at it. No way.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The rapture is not supposed to be an escape, but it is for far to many. This idea things won't get better no matter what we do is the problem with futurism. Let the devil have at it. No way.
Your correct. The rapture breeds fear instead of love into some. Your relationship should be built on love and not some fear message Jesus is coming, you’ll miss the RAPEture.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:30 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
So therefore we are living in a termite infested home.
Which no matter how much tenting it is beyond all hope. The termites will keep destroying beams, walls, furniture, rafters, and window frames. So we leave and the demolition begins. We then return to a newly built home. If this be the case, you must do nothing until the due date. Meanwhile during the wait you just constantly remind everyone that the house is going to be condemned and therefore everyone get ready to leave. Focus is on leaving, not on repairing a pest riddled structure. Meanwhile other individuals who want your property make things look worse than they actually are. They were the ones agreeing with you on the damage, agreeing there is no hope. Also reminding you of the dangers, and while they didn’t believe it themselves waiting for you to leave.