Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Jesus is the Christ

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I understand that many were not healed by Jesus because he passed them by, but Never, Nada, No not one person that Jesus prayed for ever left him without healing. He NEVER MISSED ONE TIME!
Yes

St Matt

You have made a poignant point.

As a side note, I find it totally disrespectful to compare a mere man in such a fashion with Our Lord and Savior.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-31-2008, 12:52 AM
aka Pastor Robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstokes View Post
Yes

St Matt

You have made a poignant point.

As a side note, I find it totally disrespectful to compare a mere man in such a fashion with Our Lord and Savior.
Amen & Amen, BKSTOKES!!!

From what I see after reading countless posts about William Branham is a spirit of idolatry. I believe that the office of ministry should be revered and held in high regard. I teach my congregation that very principle, but these Branhamite followers are worshiping the man. Dr. Vaughn is singing the praises of William Branham loud and basically attempting to belittle the Lord Jesus Christ in this thread. Giving him (Dr.V.) the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe that's his desire, but that's what happens when you blindly follow the doctrines of men, rather than clearly opening your eyes and following the Word of God.

Exodus 20:4, "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..."

Isaiah 45:5, "I am the Lord, there is no other!"

Isaiah 45:22, "Turn to Me and be saved all you ends of the Earth; for I am God and there is no other!"

Joel 2:27, "...I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other."

It's impossible to compare the Lord with anyone else. Some may try, but there is no comparison.

Isaiah 40:18, "To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to?"

Isaiah 40:25 - 26, ""To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."

Isaiah 46:5, "To whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

Enough said.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Read the thread title. It's clear you were speaking of the powerlessness of Jesus Christ. That's NOT what Baron is referring to, nor have you alluded to such in any of your posts. You have been claiming that Jesus was powerless to heal people who wanted healing.
And I maintain that position.... if the FATHERS WILL was not for them to be healed JESUS WAS POWERLESS to override the Fathers will... and heal anyone...... thus the reason he didn't even TRY to heal Lazarus.. HE COULDNT
Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Jesus is the Christ

Lazarus death and resurrection was a foreshadowing of the very death and resurrection of our Lord. He was preparing his disciples to believe in the gospel. It was done to give/bring glory to God.
If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

Mone me, amabo te, si erro

No real problem exists over the use of "The Name" in everthing else done in the Church. Why then should there exist great controversy over the use of the "The Name of the Godhead" in water baptism?
Kevin J. Conner The Name of God p. 92
Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkstokes View Post
Lazarus death and resurrection was a foreshadowing of the very death and resurrection of our Lord. He was preparing his disciples to believe in the gospel. It was done to give/bring glory to God.
Brother, I have never thought of it that way, but you may be right. In order to get His disciples to believe He would rise again from the dead, He had to show them God has the power to do such things. He was laying the foundation for they themselves to believe the Gospel before they would be entrusted with taking the Gospel to the rest of the world. AWESOME!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I understand that many were not healed by Jesus because he passed them by, but Never, Nada, No not one person that Jesus prayed for ever left him without healing. He NEVER MISSED ONE TIME!
Matt, this begs to ask the question, "can a man prophesy falsely and be of God?" Why do we make excuses for this behavior?

Scripturally, we never see a prophet of God speak falsely. Either he is of God or not. This whole notion that he is human and therefore subject to error in my opinion is ridiculous!

Men should not open their mouths unless divinely directed of the Holy Spirit. IMO, these men want to "make" God move.

The notion of humans commanding angels and healing is false. Name it and claim it is an erroneous gospel. The power the disciples had was given to them by Jesus himself.

I believe pride is the root of most of these ministries who claim direct access to God himself.

Are there gifts? Yes, of course. Do we have the power of the original Apostles? No. God gave them a specific anointing to establish the church.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
Matt, this begs to ask the question, "can a man prophesy falsely and be of God?" Why do we make excuses for this behavior?

Scripturally, we never see a prophet of God speak falsely. Either he is of God or not. This whole notion that he is human and therefore subject to error in my opinion is ridiculous!

Men should not open their mouths unless divinely directed of the Holy Spirit. IMO, these men want to "make" God move.

The notion of humans commanding angels and healing is false. Name it and claim it is an erroneous gospel. The power the disciples had was given to them by Jesus himself.

I believe pride is the root of most of these ministries who claim direct access to God himself.

Are there gifts? Yes, of course. Do we have the power of the original Apostles? No. God gave them a specific anointing to establish the church.
I can agree with what you are saying. Instead of God commanding man, man tries to command God. However, I do believe there is some room for man to command God, because I remember a scripture that talks about, "Here's my hand. Command ye me", and it was God speaking to man. It's possible that I am remembering it out of context or not how it's intended. Maybe someone can find it and post it.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbundantGrace View Post
Poor, Pitiful, Brainwashed, Branhamites... Trying to show Jesus as being impotent in power, in order to justify the works or the lack thereof, of a false prophet.
There is a thought. Insult Jesus to prop up Branham.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you Matthew?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbundantGrace View Post
Amen & Amen, BKSTOKES!!!

From what I see after reading countless posts about William Branham is a spirit of idolatry. I believe that the office of ministry should be revered and held in high regard. I teach my congregation that very principle, but these Branhamite followers are worshiping the man. Dr. Vaughn is singing the praises of William Branham loud and basically attempting to belittle the Lord Jesus Christ in this thread. Giving him (Dr.V.) the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe that's his desire, but that's what happens when you blindly follow the doctrines of men, rather than clearly opening your eyes and following the Word of God.

Exodus 20:4, "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..."

Isaiah 45:5, "I am the Lord, there is no other!"

Isaiah 45:22, "Turn to Me and be saved all you ends of the Earth; for I am God and there is no other!"

Joel 2:27, "...I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other."

It's impossible to compare the Lord with anyone else. Some may try, but there is no comparison.

Isaiah 40:18, "To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to?"

Isaiah 40:25 - 26, ""To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."

Isaiah 46:5, "To whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

Enough said.
Not only good advise but a mandate.