Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Smile Awesome healings

We are always hearing nothing but bad things on the news and radio anymore. Is there any news out there in our oneness churches of miraculous healings? It would be great and uplifting to hear them. Jeff.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Awesome healings

Well I'll start it off. . .a couple years ago at WV UPC church camp, a young teenage girl came to camp with her mother. The young girl's right leg was several inches shorter than the left, and she wore a specially made shoe so that she could walk evenly. During the evening service, Rev. Rex Johnson was preaching about healing, and all of a sudden, the mother jumps up and begins to shout that she had just seen her daughter's leg grow then and there. It truly happened. And what a service it turned out to be. Jeff.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

Another instance was a couple of years ago in Michigan. One of my friends had been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. He was catholic. He went to visit one of the local UPC's, and got in the prayer line asking for healing. He said that he felt like someone had stuck his finger in a light socket because he felt electricity flow from the top of his head to the soles of his feet. A couple days later when he went back to the doctor for a follow up, the doctor was stunned to find that there was absolutely zero cancer in his lungs. Wonderful! Jeff.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Incredible India

Had a women with ovarian cancer and after prayer her doctor told her her cancer was in remission.

A deaf woman in our church was prayed for and her hearing was partially restored.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEdwards View Post
We are always hearing nothing but bad things on the news and radio anymore. Is there any news out there in our oneness churches of miraculous healings? It would be great and uplifting to hear them. Jeff.
Thank you for the great thread, JEdwrds. And, welcome to AFF. Glad to have you here!

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

Great to be here.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Incredible India

I think another thing that is just as amazing as testimonies of healings is a genuine conversions.

We have seen several people come off of drugs and start a new life in as Christians. It is amazing how much their lives have turned around.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Saved by Grace

My daughter Hannah was healed of JRA a few years ago. She had developed a condition so bad that her leg was withered up. She could still walk, but with a very bad limp, her leg was bent all of the time, she had to walk with tips of her toe with that foot because her knee would'nt straighten out. Sometimes I just carried her around everywhere. In addition to this, it was EXTREMELY painful for her, she would scream and scream for the pain. I remember one night where she wok up and was just crying "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus". She was 4 years old at the time, she is 7 now. Anyway we originally took her to the doctor, who sent us to Cook's Childrens in Fort Worth, before long they sent us to Cook's Children Medical Center in Dallas, then they transferred us to Scottish Rite in Dallas (specializing in disabled or diseased the children-with permanent illness). The whole thing was a tremendous trial. Every night we prayed for God to heal her, but to no avail. Nevertheless, I believed he could, but just accepted that I will have to deal with taking her to the children's hopsital every week or two weeks for the rest of her childhood. The doctors told me that she would never be normal, and not to enroll her in public school, because it would be hard on her. She couldn't run and play with the normal kids, and she would be behind them, it would be very difficult I was told. They later told me they were planning to replace her hip, and possibly her knee. She would have rehab, and such, and maybe she may be able to walk normally after sugery with (i assume) prostetic hip and knee. I was given methodrexate, which I was told was given to cancer patients, but that it was only 1/10th the strength. Anyway when I got home, my wife seen what they had given me (and she had already researched it all out on the internet), and she flushed the medicine down the toilet (in faith-more than I had). I was mad, I wanted to say "God better heal her now." I mean how I am going to explain to these doctors we flushed this importnat medicine down the toilet, because we thought God would heal her?

Anyway, not to long after that, December of 2004, God did touch her by the hand of a preacher (Donnie Napier). However, whe wasn't healed instantly. her knee didn't unswell (it was the size of a grown mans fist) instantly, nor did her leg straighten out. But it seems like she didn't have any more pain from then on. And within a couple of days we noticed the swelling in her knee going down, and pretty quickly after that her leg straightened out. Within 2 weeks, possibly sooner, she was and STILL IS completely healed. Not only is she a normal kid, she is a straight A student, and extremely playful and happy. She has a 4th grade reading level as a first grader. The only medicine she ever took was advil, or similar form of pain killer. Nothing that anyone can actually say "the medicine healed her" since the real meds were flushed down the toilet. I know there may be doubters, but to me, it is a blantant miracle from God, and I am so glad and thankful.

God's not dead, He's still alive!

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Incredible India

Jason that is an awesome testimony! Praise God!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

What a wonderful testimony. God is so great.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James