Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
samp

do you verify healings?

When people in your church say they've been healed, do you do anything to verify that a miraculous healing has truly occurred, or do you just take their word for it?

Are there any healing testimonies that you prefer not to announce to the church - not because they are personal - but because you don't believe they constitute a genuine miraculous healing? (eg, I had a cold and it went away)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samp View Post
When people in your church say they've been healed, do you do anything to verify that a miraculous healing has truly occurred, or do you just take their word for it?

Are there any healing testimonies that you prefer not to announce to the church - not because they are personal - but because you don't believe they constitute a genuine miraculous healing? (eg, I had a cold and it went away)
I've never known verification to happen. Not sure if it's because they think the healed one may be offended, or because they suspect it's not real and don't want to hurt anyone's faith, or what.

BTW, has anyone here witnessed, first-hand, an undeniable miracle, so much so that any skeptic seeing it would have no reasonable choice but to believe? Say, a missing limb regenerated.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Administrator

I think most Holy Ghost filled people tell the truth and I don't verify.

Who is going to go to the doctor for a report for every healing?

Some you want need to, others, perhaps.

Nothing wrong with it if you need to, I don't guess.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I know of some particualar cases where the healed brought verification to the church. Not because nobody beleived but because they had the documentation...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Loy A Baird

How MANY do you want???

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
The Lord raised me from the dead...

YES. . . you read it right.
I have a letter on file from one of the paramedics who picked me off the floor.
Quote: "I WATCHED HIM DIE"
My bladder released...
My bowels released....
Unable to find a pulse...
No respiration....
Rushed to hospital... out of state family all called..

BUT... Prayer was made... by the church... (Rev James Simison, and others) unto God for him (me)

The Lord raised me up.

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
A lady I pastor was in a coma dying with a flesh eating virus....
God healed her of that malady and when the doctors checked her a few days later; they learned she had been healed of emphysema as well. She had suffered for years with the emphysema, due to her previous habits prior to giving her life to the Lord.
Today she is a faithful member of our church family.
She still carries the prayer cloth we anointed . . As a memorial to HIM!

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
A twelve year old girl in our church was born with a severe eye disorder.
Doctors said she would never be able to read… never go to public school… never drive a car, etc. etc.
The glasses she wore looked like the bottom of the old fashioned glass Coke bottle.

One night her mother brought her to the front for prayer.
She was having stomach flu or something… (I really don’t remember for sure)

As I anointed her head with oil, I was moved with compassion….
…This beautiful little girl… her eyes rolling around… jerking, twitching back and forth as she tried to focus on me.

As I prayed, I moved my hands down around her eyes…
I simply said…” Jesus … … would you please touch this little girls eyes???”
end of prayer

No lightning --- No thunder--- She didn’t fall back on the floor—
NOTHING or so I thought.

A few days later her eyes were hurting..
Mother took her to Eye Doc..
After a thorough examination the doctor concluded her eyes were DRY and she needed eye drops.
The mother asked about a new stronger eyeglass prescription..
The doctor responded.. ”SHE DOESN’T NEED GLASSES. HER EYES ARE FINE!”

Today…
She and her husband are faithful members of our church family.
She graduated from high School..
She graduated from college..
She teaches a Sunday School class
She leads our drama team
She does wedding photography
She gives God Glory
She still doesn't need corrective lens!

She gave me a pair of her old glasses ... as a memorial unto HIM!

Heb 11:32-33

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of _______, and of _________, and of _______, and of ________; of ________ also, and _______, and of ________:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, etc…etc…

KJV

Be encouraged my friend...
HE is STILL doing it today.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Is'nt the standard proceedure to accept reports at face value if they occur in our camp - but question everything that comes from the churches across town?

Sorry I just had to! LOL!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
delete account

We documented in my previous church and it was awesome!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samp View Post

You all participated in Walt's healing last May. He suffered a RUPTURED aortic aneurism and is still alive. Everytime we go to see the surgeon or the cardiologist or any other doctor, they will look at Walt and say to him, "You know that you are miracle, right? Because you ARE!!"

I can't tell you how many doctors we've seen since he's recovered. Every single one of them just looks at him in amazement and declares that he is only here because GOD chose to heal him. EVERY one!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Baird View Post
How MANY do you want???

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
The Lord raised me from the dead...

YES. . . you read it right.
I have a letter on file from one of the paramedics who picked me off the floor.
Quote: "I WATCHED HIM DIE"
My bladder released...
My bowels released....
Unable to find a pulse...
No respiration....
Rushed to hospital... out of state family all called..

BUT... Prayer was made... by the church... (Rev James Simison, and others) unto God for him (me)

The Lord raised me up.

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
A lady I pastor was in a coma dying with a flesh eating virus....
God healed her of that malady and when the doctors checked her a few days later; they learned she had been healed of emphysema as well. She had suffered for years with the emphysema, due to her previous habits prior to giving her life to the Lord.
Today she is a faithful member of our church family.
She still carries the prayer cloth we anointed . . As a memorial to HIM!

THIS IS DOCUMENTED
A twelve year old girl in our church was born with a severe eye disorder.
Doctors said she would never be able to read… never go to public school… never drive a car, etc. etc.
The glasses she wore looked like the bottom of the old fashioned glass Coke bottle.

One night her mother brought her to the front for prayer.
She was having stomach flu or something… (I really don’t remember for sure)

As I anointed her head with oil, I was moved with compassion….
…This beautiful little girl… her eyes rolling around… jerking, twitching back and forth as she tried to focus on me.

As I prayed, I moved my hands down around her eyes…
I simply said…” Jesus … … would you please touch this little girls eyes???”
end of prayer

No lightning --- No thunder--- She didn’t fall back on the floor—
NOTHING or so I thought.

A few days later her eyes were hurting..
Mother took her to Eye Doc..
After a thorough examination the doctor concluded her eyes were DRY and she needed eye drops.
The mother asked about a new stronger eyeglass prescription..
The doctor responded.. ”SHE DOESN’T NEED GLASSES. HER EYES ARE FINE!”

Today…
She and her husband are faithful members of our church family.
She graduated from high School..
She graduated from college..
She teaches a Sunday School class
She leads our drama team
She does wedding photography
She gives God Glory
She still doesn't need corrective lens!

She gave me a pair of her old glasses ... as a memorial unto HIM!

Heb 11:32-33

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of _______, and of _________, and of _______, and of ________; of ________ also, and _______, and of ________:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, etc…etc…

KJV

Be encouraged my friend...
HE is STILL doing it today.

Thank you, Pastor Baird! Those are indeed wonderful testimonies, and I'm sure they bolstered the faith of the believers, and perhaps some "mild" skeptics. However, I'm afraid they are of the type that many skeptics (even honest ones) would easily be able to explain by other means than miracles, or at last think they can. Granted, there are skeptics that will never be convinced, even if witnessing an amputee's leg regenerate before their eyes. They have made up their minds and nothing will soften their hearts. But I'm not talking about them.

Resuscitation of patients without pulse is an everyday thing, these days. How long were you without pulse, may I ask? (Though I'm no expert, and can't really say how long would constitute an undeniable resurrection! Just wondering.) Were you pronounced dead by an MD?

I can't really address the other cases you give, but again, I doubt that they'd impress a real skeptic. With all respect, what I would like to hear about is an undeniable miracle, of the kind that would convince any honest skeptic of its authenticity, if he saw it with his own eyes.

You say each of the three healings is documented. In what form is the documentation? Are there medical records, including an MD's opinion on the cause of the healing? (Not saying anything about your examples, but I have heard of "healings" that turned out to be caused by medical treatment, not miracles.)

You must be wondering if (or assuming that) I am a skeptic, perhaps honest, perhaps otherwise. Well, I think I'm open-minded about it. But I've heard so many fishy claims of healings, exaggerations, and yes, outright lies, that I can't help but wonder. Is it wrong to want proof? Was Thomas wrong? The Lord's rebuke seemed to be a loving, mild one, and Thomas was convinced when he saw for himself.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
You all participated in Walt's healing last May. He suffered a RUPTURED aortic aneurism and is still alive. Everytime we go to see the surgeon or the cardiologist or any other doctor, they will look at Walt and say to him, "You know that you are miracle, right? Because you ARE!!"

I can't tell you how many doctors we've seen since he's recovered. Every single one of them just looks at him in amazement and declares that he is only here because GOD chose to heal him. EVERY one!
Awesome!