Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

The blood never runs out!

Hi all

I was studying today and found this to be very interesting, hope you are blessed by it.

"My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi."
Song of Solomon 1:14

The word camphire in the original text is kopher, it is also the word used for redemption or ransom.

The vineyards of Engedi were famous in Solomon's day. Engedi was in the middle of the wilderness. It was where David fled to from Saul (Jos 15:62 & 1Sam23:29).

Engedi means "fountain of the kid". The fountain there arose 600 feet above the sea on the side of a mountain, and its rapid descent caused all around it to be lush and alive. I imagine you could see the lush colors from far in the distance while traveling in the wilderness.

Jesus has been to me a cluster of redemption in the middle of the wilderness of my bad choices. He never ran out of redeeming love, power and blood for me!

Jesus is a fountain of safety, rest, and refreshing when my enemies are after me.

Truly my beloved is a cluser of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi!

Sis Donna
Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Re: The blood never runs out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darianah View Post
Hi all

I was studying today and found this to be very interesting, hope you are blessed by it.

The word camphire in the original text is kopher, it is also the word used for redemption or ransom.

The vineyards of Engedi were famous in Solomon's day. Engedi was in the middle of the wilderness. It was where David fled to from Saul (Jos 15:62 & 1Sam23:29).

Engedi means "fountain of the kid". The fountain there arose 600 feet above the sea on the side of a mountain, and its rapid descent caused all around it to be lush and alive. I imagine you could see the lush colors from far in the distance while traveling in the wilderness.

Jesus has been to me a cluster of redemption in the middle of the wilderness of my bad choices. He never ran out of redeeming love, power and blood for me!

Jesus is a fountain of safety, rest, and refreshing when my enemies are after me.

Sis Donna
Oh how precious is our Lord!!God even loved after the fall of man.Our God lovingly made coverings of skin to hide the nakedness of Adam and Eve!!! Our God still loved them,and knew us before the foundation of the world!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darianah View Post
Hi all

Sis Donna
Oh how good to taste the hidden things of GOD.What a blessing it is to find those hidden things. [ ie searching for their true meaning ]
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for this. I love the things of God and these are the treasures that I store up.