Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2018, 01:06 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,089
Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

So, how many have heard about Bishop Ellis and his "accidental" inappropriate touching of Ariana Grande? He apologized for it, but having seen the video, I suspect that it was not an accident. In my opinion the PAW needs to have him step down as bishop, even if just temporarily while they investigate the situation.

If you ask me, the funeral should never have taken place there to begin with. It had nothing to do with promoting the Gospel, and everything to do with drawing media attention to them (him?). Unfortunately for him, it's now drawn the wrong kind of attention.

There was an additional grievance about a joke he made, but the joke was harmless in my opinion (he joked about her name sounding like an item on the Taco Bell menu).



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
  #2  
Old 09-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,089
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

As an addendum to the disgrace that was this funeral, Louis Farrakhan was allowed to attend. I can't understand how Bishop Ellis thought it would be a good idea to allow that racist into his church. Then again, he allowed known sex offender BJ Clinton in, so who knows what was going through his head.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2018, 01:37 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 21,049
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
As an addendum to the disgrace that was this funeral, Louis Farrakhan was allowed to attend. I can't understand how Bishop Ellis thought it would be a good idea to allow that racist into his church. Then again, he allowed known sex offender BJ Clinton in, so who knows what was going through his head.
You can't understand? Really? Its because none of these people are real, they are all fakes, charlatans, and frauds. Farrakhan and his minions routinely speak at black churches. So do "Reverend" Jesse Jackson and "Reverend" Al Sharpton. It's all a show, it's all about the bling and the power. Morals, ethics, religion, aren't even on the radar with these people.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,089
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You can't understand? Really? Its because none of these people are real, they are all fakes, charlatans, and frauds. Farrakhan and his minions routinely speak at black churches. So do "Reverend" Jesse Jackson and "Reverend" Al Sharpton. It's all a show, it's all about the bling and the power. Morals, ethics, religion, aren't even on the radar with these people.
Oh, I agree completely about Farrakhan, Jackson and Sharpton, I guess I just expected more from the presiding head of the second largest OP organization.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 33,676
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
As an addendum to the disgrace that was this funeral, Louis Farrakhan was allowed to attend. I can't understand how Bishop Ellis thought it would be a good idea to allow that racist into his church. Then again, he allowed known sex offender BJ Clinton in, so who knows what was going through his head.
That's because you define him as you are. You are looking at labels as if those who hold them are actually credible representations of their titles. Game over, we need to stop chanting "romper, stomper, bomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?" We really and honestly need to put magic thinking away, and fully understand that there is no one celebrity, politician, or popular mainstream religious leader who is legit. They don't care about you, you are the rank and file. You are the huddled masses , clawing for breath, begging, and constantly squealing. So, they entertain you you with the circus maximus, the carnival, a traveling troupe of ministerials, and sideshow freaks. Bread and circuses, while we are all distracted, they rule through fear. We are living in the dark ages, where people believed there are giants, and the earth is flat. We are shocked when a reprobate gropes are high priced singing prostitute? Seriously? Yet, all we can do is ask if they are Apostolic? Are they Apostolic? Are they POST TRIB!!!! Have we lost our ever loving minds? Labels, labels without content is fraud. How on earth are you supposed to fight the devil with that sort of shallow baloney?
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 09-02-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Aquila Aquila is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 31,124
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That's because you define him as you are. You are looking at labels as if those who hold them are actually credible representations of their titles. Game over, we need to stop chanting "romper, stomper, bomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?" We really and honestly need to put magic thinking away, and fully understand that there is no one celebrity, politician, or popular mainstream religious leader who is legit. They don't care about you, you are the rank and file. You are the huddled masses , clawing for breath, begging, and constantly squealing. So, they entertain you you with the circus maximus, the carnival, a traveling troupe of ministerials, and sideshow freaks. Bread and circuses, while we are all distracted, they rule through fear. We are living in the dark ages, where people believed there are giants, and the earth is flat. We are shocked when a reprobate gropes are high priced singing prostitute? Seriously? Yet, all we can do is ask if they are Apostolic? Are they Apostolic? Are they POST TRIB!!!! Have we lost our ever loving minds? Labels, labels without content is fraud. How on earth are you supposed to fight the devil with that sort of shallow baloney?
You nailed it and said exactly what I was thinking. It was a circus.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,549
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Horrific,

He is "Apostolic"?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:27 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 7,252
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Horrific,

He is "Apostolic"?

Charles H. Ellis III (born July 8, 1958) is an American Apostolic Pentecostal preacher and the former Presiding Bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World. He is the pastor of the Greater Grace Temple, a megachurch in Detroit, Michigan. He is also the son of Michigan preacher and civic leader, Bishop David L. Ellis, Sr.

In July 2010, the 1.3 million-member Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (P.A.W.) elected Bishop Ellis to the office of Presiding Bishop, making him the 10th elected person to the highest position in the world’s oldest Apostolic organization. Bishop Ellis also specifically presides over the Diocese of South Carolina in which he personally oversees nearly 45 PAW churches. Bishop Ellis brings the message of God’s love to a potential 50 million viewers across the nation on “The Word Network” and other television and radio outlets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Ellis_III

Last edited by Amanah; 09-02-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:36 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,549
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Charles H. Ellis III (born July 8, 1958) is an American Apostolic Pentecostal preacher and the former Presiding Bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World. He is the pastor of the Greater Grace Temple, a megachurch in Detroit, Michigan. He is also the son of Michigan preacher and civic leader, Bishop David L. Ellis, Sr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Ellis_III
Presiding Bishop? Sounds like he was the LEADER of the entire Denomination.

Does this mean Aretha Franklin was Apostolic?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 7,252
Re: Bishop Ellis and Ariana Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Presiding Bishop? Sounds like he was the LEADER of the entire Denomination.

Does this mean Aretha Franklin was Apostolic?
In July 2010, the 1.3 million-member Pentecostal Assemblies of the World (P.A.W.) elected Bishop Ellis to the office of Presiding Bishop, making him the 10th elected person to the highest position in the world’s oldest Apostolic organization. Bishop Ellis also specifically presides over the Diocese of South Carolina in which he personally oversees nearly 45 PAW churches. Bishop Ellis brings the message of God’s love to a potential 50 million viewers across the nation on “The Word Network” and other television and radio outlets.

Last edited by Amanah; 09-02-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acts 2:38 in Jim Ellis' (Sam) life Sam Fellowship Hall 8 02-24-2018 08:42 PM
James Ellis has transitioned bishoph Fellowship Hall 15 02-14-2018 02:12 PM
Bishop Ellis preaching--Exalted Christ! U376977 Fellowship Hall 3 07-14-2008 01:57 PM
Bishop Horace Smith presiding Bishop of the PAW enlightened me yesterday Sandra Fellowship Hall 3 10-29-2007 07:13 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by n david
- by mfblume
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.