Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Duck Dynasty Star Booted

A&E's response should have been:

"Phil Robertson does not express the views of A&E, but he has the right to express his own views and beliefs."

As if.

They've just caused a firestorm by taking this action.

Is the Bible really going to be considered hate speech now?
Old 12-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

When his comments to GQ hit DrudgeReport, and GLAAD issued their statement, I told a friend to watch how long it took A&E to react against him. Barely a few hours passed and they issued their dumb statement essentially putting him on leave from the show.

Makes me furious that such a small percentage has this much power.

I would love for the Robertson's to pull out of the contract with A&E and go on another channel.

As Larry the Cable Guy says, "What is this, Russia?"
Old 12-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Kind of hard to have a reality show based on the life of a person who isn't allowed onto the very show created around the reality of his life.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 12-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
When his comments to GQ hit DrudgeReport, and GLAAD issued their statement, I told a friend to watch how long it took A&E to react against him. Barely a few hours passed and they issued their dumb statement essentially putting him on leave from the show.

Makes me furious that such a small percentage has this much power.

I would love for the Robertson's to pull out of the contract with A&E and go on another channel.

As Larry the Cable Guy says, "What is this, Russia?"
I expected they would do something about it as well. And I agree - it makes me furious that such a small percentage have this much power. Mainly, the left media.

This panel with Megan Kelly really lines it out - the gay person is saying it is "hate speech". To preach the Bible is "hate speech" in his mind.

"It's time we stop agreeing that religion can be used to spew hate and cause people to feel bad about themselves."

LOL! We sure don't want to feel convicted of anything now, do we?

Although this guy is on the wrong side of our 1st Amendment rights, I feel the church needs to check itself on how we deliver our views of sin. For instance, I believe it comes across, many times, as hateful to say, "God didn't make Adam and Steve....." Sometimes, JMO, it comes across as though there is no way of deliverance, and then we pile on a little more fear of our environment. Of course, that is just me and the impression I get when I hear those words.

Quote:
Megyn Kelly Panel Discusses A & E Suspending “Duck Dynasty’s” Phil Robertson; “Word Police” Run Amok – Video 12/18/13

Essentially, the Left is saying you can have your private religious beliefs, but in America now, you cannot say what you believe. That is NOT what the First Amendment is all about.
And while Phil's wording of his view of a man and woman's body was rather "redneck", he is saying what a lot of straight people have been thinking all along.

He also never equated homosexuality with beastiality. He merely ticked off a list of sinful practices.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 12-19-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Let's face the facts. The media and companies aren't afraid to upset Christians because they know Christians will do nothing about it. Oh sure, we'll complain on Facebook or internet forums, but we won't rise as one against them and make them pay for it by refusing to shop at stores, purchase goods, or watch networks which support this.

As much as I would love to see them do so, the Robertson's will not boycott the show. The show will complete its season, and then A&E will let it drop from programming. A&E knows it just has to weather a couple days of Facebook posts, then everything will be fine and Christians will still watch the show.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Not riding the train

Dec 19, 2013
Gov. Jindal on Phil Robertson Suspension: I Remember When TV Networks Believed in 1st Amendment

BATON ROUGE – Governor Bobby Jindal issued a statement this morning following the news of Phil Robertson being suspended by A&E from the show Duck Dynasty.

Governor Jindal said, “Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended "

http://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?m...articleID=4374
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Let's face the facts. The media and companies aren't afraid to upset Christians because they know Christians will do nothing about it. Oh sure, we'll complain on Facebook or internet forums, but we won't rise as one against them and make them pay for it by refusing to shop at stores, purchase goods, or watch networks which support this.

As much as I would love to see them do so, the Robertson's will not boycott the show. The show will complete its season, and then A&E will let it drop from programming. A&E knows it just has to weather a couple days of Facebook posts, then everything will be fine and Christians will still watch the show.
A&E List of Advertisers: Hit the Network Where it Hurts-The Wallet!

Sensodyne
T-Mobile
Samsung
Motorola
Walgreens
IHOP
Macy’s
Nokia
Microsoft
Verizon
Bass Pro Shops

http://www.libertyjuice.com/2013/12/...ts-the-wallet/
Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
A&E List of Advertisers: Hit the Network Where it Hurts-The Wallet!

Sensodyne
T-Mobile
Samsung
Motorola
Walgreens
IHOP
Macy’s
Nokia
Microsoft
Verizon
Bass Pro Shops

http://www.libertyjuice.com/2013/12/...ts-the-wallet/
I don't use Sensodyne, I have Sprint - not Verizon or T-Mobile - (unfortunately), I don't eat at IHOP, don't shop at Macy's, don't have a pc at home, I hate Motorola anyway, don't really shop at Bass Pro Shops...but I do buy from Walgreen's there's one conveniently located right across from where we live.

I doubt people will cancel their cell phone plans to protest A&E.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I don't use Sensodyne, I have Sprint - not Verizon or T-Mobile - (unfortunately), I don't eat at IHOP, don't shop at Macy's, don't have a pc at home, I hate Motorola anyway, don't really shop at Bass Pro Shops...but I do buy from Walgreen's there's one conveniently located right across from where we live.

I doubt people will cancel their cell phone plans to protest A&E.
Right, I won't be cancelling my T-mobile and we do shop at Bass Pro Shop. As a matter of fact, our son bought his dad some Duck Dynasty boxers as a gag gift for Christmas. LOL! He called and said, "I'm at Bass Pro shop. What can I get dad?" My response, "DO NOT buy him a shirt with the Duck boys on it."

I shop at Macy's, but don't have to. Never eat at IHOP. Sensodyne doesn't work anyway, so that's out. I can stop going to Walgreens, which I rarely do anyway. Microsoft, can't do anything about that. Love my Dell with Microsoft.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Not riding the train

Here is where we are today.
Quote:
‘Duck Dynasty’ vs. ‘Pajama Boy’: Two Americas?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/18/du...-two-americas/
Quote:
‘You will be made to care’

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/19/yo...#ixzz2nvn3SC00
"You’re either in the Duck Dynasty camp or the 'Pajama Boy' camp. Somebody WILL lose." Merry Christmas!"

Last edited by Pressing-On; 12-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.