Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Homestead Heritage in waco tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubayou View Post
it is very close to a cult.

My father (atheist) use to roar with laughter when religious people use this sentence. Hey, I have used it in discussions with my old dad in the past. He would throw his head back and laugh. Everyone is bad, but I am good. Everyone else is in a cult but I am not. Everyone else is in the wrong church but I am on the right hand of the Father. God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this Old Time Pentecostal.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner folks. It always amuses me when people visit these wacko cultish groups of people and come away all impressed and thinking they have created some kind of great thing.
But you are part of a religion? So, you have governing rules of the religion. You also have religious leadership (shoeless, but leadership all the same) who you grant honor and respect. Who you would "submit" to, to some degree. It is all the same stuff, one is communal, one isn't. What did Randy Wayne post? That these groups give Christianity a black eye? Funny, but guess what, nothing gives Christianity a black eye, the sincere seeker of knowledge and truth can circumvent the obstacles. While we point at others and claim they are the ones who are giving Jesus a black eye. We should look down and see are own bloody knuckles. You do know that all the non religious don't see any difference with any of us. They think we are all a bunch of mindless dupes.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Scares me too. History has shown the cloistered groups tend toward cultism and I mean of the psychological kind, not to mention scary heresies. We need only look at Jim Jones, Koresh, the polygamists and so on. This stuff started way back with the montanists
Prax, all religious groups whether communal or non can lean towards cultism. Do you know of any non communal groups who were cult like? Had leadership who controlled the followers. Some to a horrible end? You would have to say yes. Sorry, but religion across the board in all of her flavors can and are misused. It is the sad fact. I have heard horror stories about different preachers, churches, and groups. But when you investigate you either find that it was a lie, or that it was true. But, still forums stink at coming to the truth about certain personal subjects. HH I don't know anything about them. Just recently it was being brought to my attention by folks in the church. Did I tell these saints, "wait, let me check the forum to see what they have to say?" ah, no.

Because I have learned real well over the years that the forum isn't too swift on representation.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I agree with you in every sense of the word...CULT...

and that is not to say all the people
there are evil
that is far from the truth...however
the doctrine taught there is evil
and far from truth.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
This is new to me. I have never seen this before yet I have heard recently of another experiment, similar to this, that is looking to start up in another state.

Are these people from Apostolic backgrounds? Jesus name folks?

TJJJ
No, they are people who made the mistake to go communal.

Years later they would be hung up by their thumbs and have the flesh ripped from their bones. Hey Brother Steve Avery, hats off to you for sitting through and reading all of this. 10 years ago this forum made my rock'em sock'em postings look like Mother Teresa with extra sweetener.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
no one would like to know what I know about that place...I don´t plan to go into details...however it would be easy to be swept away from an outside veiw...living there is another thing...
Of course some people like others to make their decisions...
Don't take me wrong Sister Alvear, but I got to use these posts.

Let me tell you that starting a discussion about anyone, a business, a church, a school, with "no one would like to know what I know about THAT PLACE, or THAT BROTHER, or THAT SISTER, or THAT FAMILY. Just leads us to believe that God only knows what you know, and it sure ain't good. You tag the end with the outside is Jesus on the mainline, but living there is Pinhead in Hellraiser two? Listen I love you sis, and know this is 10 years ago posting. Just pointing this out to show an example how a series of posts can get away from us.

Quote:
Sherri when are you joining?....ha....love you.
Quote:
If by believing you were going to hell was all...it would be ok....however there is a lot more to it than that.
No one would like to know what Sister Alvear knows about that place?

Sister Alvear, I am just glad you know noting about me.

Quote:
A religion that destroys families and ruins lives is not the religion of the Kingdom.
I have lots of their books and writings and know them personally...I want nothing to do with what goes on behind closed doors...Jesus came to set the captives free not make captives and brain wash people and have closed door services...
I could tell you a lot about the closed door services at Waco...my advice...stay away...
Sis, the imagination of man is good enough. Like my old pap and mom use to say, "you said just enough to destroy the witnesses." You see, you have made comments here that even though you don't give details (which we would be able to verify,) you hint to the horrible. I didn't see any posts (might of missed them) of posters defending this group. So, pretty much your vague testimony stands.

Quote:
If someone wants a christian community I really think that is nice as long as it is CHRISTIAN.

Quote:
I agree with you in every sense of the word...CULT...

and that is not to say all the people there are evil that is far from the truth...however the doctrine taught there is evil and far from truth.
Sister, let me say this, modern Christianity is based more on opinion than book, chapter, and verse. In the immortal words of one pastor's wife, "make your words soft and sweet, for in one day you may have to eat." There doctrine is evil? Really? Anywhere in this thread have you proven how evil it really is? You said you have books by Blair Adams. How many have you read? What did you find within these books that cause you to accuse them of evil?

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 01-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChTatum View Post
LOL! That name doesn't scare me as much as "Janet Reno".

I miss ChTatum.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
and everything they said about HH is true and much more...
Wow, Sister Alvear?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
I remember in the late seventies, going to Austin to visit with KP about soulwinning, AM sent us there from the church in Plano, TX.

Howard Wheeler was very much involved at the time, we met with him over lunch to talk about reaching out.

Some time before that I remember him preaching at The Wide World of Pentecost in Fort Worth, TX,
he preached barefoot
, I guess he was still a hippie. It is so unfortunate that all that passion could not be guided in a sustainable direction, the organization just had no clue on how to lead them. Nor was KP or MH equipped either, as much as they desired to do so. Then HW goes to Waco and becomes a modern day hippie in a commune.
CC1 look at this?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Homestead Heritage and the sacred name plague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I just spoke with a visitor who went there during the New Years. It was brought to my knowledge that they are Apostolic Pentecostal. They use the name Jesus and aren't sacred name Hebrew roots.
Yes and no. They are now their own peculiar hybrid in terms of names. (I won't go into the Apostolic Pentecostal question here, note though my earlier post about water baptism doctrinal changes.)

And externally they want to cultivate the Christian appearance, so to Christian visitors Jesus is always the go-to name.

And the only faux name I have seen that they put on the net is the Yahweh Lives album by Spring of Hope, which is not on their website, but is in Amazon and various music spots. Not sure about the videos, whether or not they slip in any faux names. And I would conjecture the word comes down to stay with Jesus in anything for public consumption.

==============

Here is one key.

The fervent prayer is in the name of yahweh, not the name of Jesus. And this prayer can be quite fervent, with the rooms a-ringing.

Hush-hush is the rule when it comes down to yahweh-bondage. However, a lot of this is in their internal literature. And I privately really tried to gently point out to them the ultra-dubious scholarship and problematic logic in their literature. After a season, they just came up with an excuse to drop the conversation. Only then did I really begin to write about this publicly. Especially after 2016, up to which point I was still working with some side-channel personal contact.

And they weave "yahshua" in and out with the name of Jesus. Yes, even in the baptism. The reports I received included baptism using Jesus and yahshua together, and also using simply yahshua. Ultra-reliable reports, not from contras.

They never told me about these changes when I visited in the years from about 1995 to 2009, or in a mini-visit in 2013. (In fact, in some early year, I was stumbling around considering some "Sacred Name" usages. And one gentleman in the ministry properly emphasized the name of Jesus as counterpoint, there is power in the name of Jesus! So there can be some ironies.)

If you study out what and who is yahweh, and how yahshua is a total non-name that was created in the 1930s by USA know-nothing sacred namers only to match yahweh, you should begin to realize how serious is this situation. I have one thread in this forum pointing out that yahweh is actually the dark-side entity Jupiter, the enemy of Hebrew and Christian faith (e.g. Acts 14.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The mainstream media attacked them because it makes for ratings and viewers....This happened to the 12 Tribes community in their early years.
And I remember the first front page article in the New York Times, reporting from Vermont. Later, I used to meet Twelve Tribes in Central Park in NYC, Israel Day, and Flushing Meadow Park in Queens (Billy Graham shindig.) My last visit was up in their community upstate by the Vermont-NY border, east of Saratoga Springs. Time was limited, and I left when I realized they were going to pray to yahshua before the meal. However, I probably could have awkwardly absented myself from the prayer and stayed for dinner.

At one time I had a vigorous email communication with them about the faux Zeus anti-Jesus idea in their literature, and after some back and forth they even agreed that it should not be in their literature. However, they tried to leave themselves an out or two, so i am not sure to what degree they actually did drop the phony Zeus thing.

Yours in Jesus wonderful name,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 01-22-2019 at 02:12 PM.