Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

"Smallfoot" Animated Movie

Took the kids to see "Smallfoot" today. It's a new animated movie by Warner Animation Group.

Young kids probably won't pay attention to the message in the movie, but older kids/teens likely will.

Here's the synopsis: "Migo is a friendly Yeti whose world gets turned upside down when he discovers something that he didn't know existed -- a human. He soon faces banishment from his snowy home when the rest of the villagers refuse to believe his fantastic tale. Hoping to prove them wrong, Migo embarks on an epic journey to find the mysterious creature that can put him back in good graces with his simple community."

The Yeti are ruled by one named "Stonekeeper," who wears a chain of stones upon which are inscribed their laws. Their stones tell the story that the mountain on which they live is floating in the clouds.

"Migo" finds a human (Smallfoot) and tells the Yeti village about it. Stonekeeper chastises him for telling lies because the stones (the Yeti's belief system) says there are no Smallfoot. Migo challenges the stones, saying if one is found to be a lie, they may all be lies. Again, the stones are their belief system.

You can see where this is going.

Stonekeeper takes Migo into the mountain where he talks to him about their past and the stones, what's true and not true. One part of the song says, "let me share a secret that you'll learn as you grow older; what's true or not true is in the eye of the beholder."

In the end, the stones (the Yeti's beliefs) were proven to be built on lies ... but one's which were intended to protect them.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Re: "Smallfoot" Animated Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Took the kids to see "Smallfoot" today. It's a new animated movie by Warner Animation Group.

Young kids probably won't pay attention to the message in the movie, but older kids/teens likely will.

Here's the synopsis: "Migo is a friendly Yeti whose world gets turned upside down when he discovers something that he didn't know existed -- a human. He soon faces banishment from his snowy home when the rest of the villagers refuse to believe his fantastic tale. Hoping to prove them wrong, Migo embarks on an epic journey to find the mysterious creature that can put him back in good graces with his simple community."

The Yeti are ruled by one named "Stonekeeper," who wears a chain of stones upon which are inscribed their laws. Their stones tell the story that the mountain on which they live is floating in the clouds.

"Migo" finds a human (Smallfoot) and tells the Yeti village about it. Stonekeeper chastises him for telling lies because the stones (the Yeti's belief system) says there are no Smallfoot. Migo challenges the stones, saying if one is found to be a lie, they may all be lies. Again, the stones are their belief system.

Stonekeeper takes Migo into the mountain where he talks to him about their past and the stones, what's true and not true. One part of the song says, "let me share a secret that you'll learn as you grow older; what's true or not true is in the eye of the beholder."

In the end, the stones (the Yeti's beliefs) were proven to be built on lies ... but one's which were intended to protect them.
So . . . It is a story about the tithe doctrine?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Banned

Old 10-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Banned

It's about a kid in a secular atheistic public school defying the rules to prove God exists? Lol
Old 10-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

So was the movie good?
Old 10-12-2018, 03:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

What about using Christian based media like pureflix?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
What about using Christian based media like pureflix?
We used to use Purex detergent but never checked out their media!

On a serious note while visiting a UPC relative who had either Pureflix or something similar the selection was pretty dismal and the one original program I watched (sort of a prime time soap opera about a media family) had some older actors familiar from tv roles when they were younger but it was shot on video and not even attempted to look like film so the production values were pretty bad. As well as the script.

Before streaming was around and when my kids were young I used to buy DVD's from a Christian subscription service. I think it was actually Mormon owned but they didn't really reveal that as they were reaching into the Christian market with clean Hollywood produced material and some good original films of their own.

My son was a child actor and when acting in a film the mother of the young star of the movie told us her son had acted in one of their films and she didn't find out until production was underway that it was Mormon's producing it.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 10-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

There's a problem with Mormon produced movies but not Hollywood tranny communist produced movies?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There's a problem with Mormon produced movies but not Hollywood tranny communist produced movies?
The Mormon produced children's films I saw were great. Very well done and not one bit of Mormon doctrine in them I could see.

They were great because despite their great doctrinal errors Mormons share Christian values and emphasize them greatly. That is one of the reasons I fully supported Mitt Romney for President. I think he is probably one of the most upstanding and honest men who has ever run for National office in our country.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 10-13-2018, 12:44 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
The Mormon produced children's films I saw were great. Very well done and not one bit of Mormon doctrine in them I could see.

They were great because despite their great doctrinal errors Mormons share Christian values and emphasize them greatly. That is one of the reasons I fully supported Mitt Romney for President. I think he is probably one of the most upstanding and honest men who has ever run for National office in our country.
Everything was great until you mentioned O'Romneybama.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf