Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-10-2020, 07:02 AM
Banned

Re: Define "Futurism"

When Jesus said "heaven and earth", he meant it. He feared nobody and was not speaking in hidden meanings there.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
When Jesus said "heaven and earth", he meant it. He feared nobody and was not speaking in hidden meanings there.
You are correct, he meant every word that he spoke. Yet, did he mean it literally or figuratively, that my dear Shakespeare is the question.

Matthew 13:10-11 KJVS
[10] And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? [11] He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

He told his disciples its for you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. You may say, he wasn't speaking in parables with Heaven and Earth, maybe not, yet we understand that this book is filled with golden nuggets that are not going to be found by surface Look. Jesus spoke many, many times in figurative language.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You are correct, he meant every word that he spoke. Yet, did he mean it literally or figuratively, that my dear Shakespeare is the question.

Matthew 13:10-11 KJVS
[10] And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? [11] He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

He told his disciples its for you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. You may say, he wasn't speaking in parables with Heaven and Earth, maybe not, yet we understand that this book is filled with golden nuggets that are not going to be found by surface Look. Jesus spoke many, many times in figurative language.
He was not giving the disciples an open ended redefinition rule to anything he said.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Just in case you were needing to prepare. You know store up a food supply. These guys have done the heavy lifting for you.

https://youtu.be/IMbZp2P7wn4
Old 09-24-2020, 07:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Just in case you were needing to prepare. You know store up a food supply. These guys have done the heavy lifting for you.

https://youtu.be/IMbZp2P7wn4
It makes more sense to put together resources to PRODUCE food than to simply buy overpriced buckets of garbage to hoard in your basement.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It makes more sense to put together resources to PRODUCE food than to simply buy overpriced buckets of garbage to hoard in your basement.

I’ve always wondered what that food would taste like. It doesn’t seem to be all that great. Of course if you were hungry enough? They say that hunger is the best seasoning.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
We always hear how evil it is to be a "futurist". Would someone or all of you who say "futurism" is something wrong explain what TO YOU.....FUTURISM is?
To those Ive talked with concerning the future coming of the Lord, its always the same thread. They’re longing for....

-Power over Sin
-Power over Satan
-Living with Christ in the Kingdom
-To Reign as a King and Priest
-Big Mansions (1God thats for you)

They always have this mystical look in their eye, dreaming about the day they don’t have to fight any longer. Dreaming about the day they will finally have victory?!?

I believe a “futurist” is someone that doesn’t have a present day relationship with Jesus, but rather a future one.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
To those Ive talked with concerning the future coming of the Lord, its always the same thread. They’re longing for....

-Power over Sin
-Power over Satan

They always have this mystical look in their eye, dreaming about the day they don’t have to fight any longer. Dreaming about the day they will finally have victory?!?

I believe a “futurist” is someone that doesn’t have a present day relationship with Jesus, but rather a future one.
It should be the dream of every believer to hope for the coming of our Lord to reign on earth for 1000 years. 'Surely come quickly" is not to destroy all sinners, but to take the earth from satan and free the sinners
Old 09-25-2020, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
It should be the dream of every believer to hope for the coming of our Lord to reign on earth for 1000 years. 'Surely come quickly" is not to destroy all sinners, but to take the earth from satan and free the sinners
Brother, Satan is bound in the Kingdom of God, NOT from the kingdom of men.

Let me ask this,

John 18:36 KJVS
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Kingdom in this verse means, Realm.
World in this verse means, Kosmos.

Do you believe Christ has a Kingdom in the moist of this present day World?

Galatians 3:3 KJVS
[3] Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Old 09-25-2020, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

-Power over Sin
-Power over Satan

I can go with this EXCEPT FOR the fact at least some of us DO have a present relationship with the Lord.

We are soldiers in the Lords army at present. We fight real battles. We should be the victor in these. And yes there IS a future final victory.

Matt 24:13

But he that shall endure unto the end the same shall be saved.

When one endures to the end, either of their life or till the day of Christ he shall attain final salvation at the coming of Jesus and the resurrection.

Until then we must stay in the fight. Fight the good fight of faith!