Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 AM
God's Son

The Bible says the world will know your disciples because of love. If you have to tell a person you are a chrsitian, than your christianity isn't worth the stuff floating around in septic tank.

Oh I forgot. You can fake christianity by a subjective dress code and a hair bun. Do that and a person doesn't need as much love. (I never do smilies.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
I get sick of Christians who always post with a negative attitude about other Christians.

(no smilies on purpose)

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-14-2008, 04:50 AM
God's Son

There is no place for a political rally during church. I don't like it when Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Clinton, Edwards, and Obama bring politics into the pulpit. I feel the same for any republican who uses the pulpit as a political tool.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old 01-14-2008, 06:25 AM
It's not easy being me.

I just heard Huckabee's trip to the Apostolic Church of Auburn Hills mentioned on the radio while ago.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

I believe this church was on the list as one of the top 100 fastest growing churches in America this past year.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
There is more than that. My sister says it won't be long until they have to expand the sanctuary. They have only been in the new building a couple of years.
I have only been there on two Sunday mornings and one Sunday evening. While there were lots of people there, it wasn't that full. I didn't go during any holidays either, thus the reason why I put down the numbers I did. It was also the numbers given to me by one of the members I personally know.

I'm also sure that, like many other churches, you have frequent fliers that come and go from time to time. I'm sure that if all members who even attended half the time came to one service, the church would be more than packed. I was counting those that are faithful, IMO.

I do like that church though. I live about 8 hours away, but I'd attend there if I lived in that area. I love their music, choirs, and moving of the service. God is there, that's for sure. My son loves it also, and meets new friends everytime we visit, and we'll be there next in April, I hoping.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There is no place for a political rally during church. I don't like it when Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Clinton, Edwards, and Obama bring politics into the pulpit. I feel the same for any republican who uses the pulpit as a political tool.
First of all, having visited this chuch many times, and knowing the leadership, they would NEVER turn a service into a political rally.

Secondly, if we knew for certain he were using the pulpit as a political too, I would be the first to say that you are just in your view.

However, these are the facts as I know them...MH mentioned to those working on his campaign that he wanted to attend service on Sunday.

Someone from his campaign who lives in this area and has visited the Apostolic Church told MH about it...gave him the info regarding the Website...he checked it out, listening to the choir and Pastor W preach...said that this was where he wanted to go, and he stayed through the entire service.

Thirdly, MH is the one who asked the media to not attend...

Now it just seems to me that if the man had wanted to make it a political scene, he would have been happy to have it televised.

This is just how I see it from my house...
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
There is more than that. My sister says it won't be long until they have to expand the sanctuary. They have only been in the new building a couple of years.
The last time I visited The Apostolic Church (which was my home church for many years) they were running around 1800.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 01-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseeads View Post
I just heard Huckabee's trip to the Apostolic Church of Auburn Hills mentioned on the radio while ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
I believe this church was on the list as one of the top 100 fastest growing churches in America this past year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
The last time I visited The Apostolic Church (which was my home church for many years) they were running around 1800.
This is awesome! I want to know more about this church. Anyone from there post here? I wish they would share more...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-14-2008, 05:29 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
well, is it a done deal ?? is he going ???

what as RBs final word on that ??

would they give the same chance to Obama or the Clintons?
Uuuuuuuummmm, Anthony Mangun would. (not that thats a bad thing.)
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
God's Son

If I'm not mistaken, the Warmans have family roots in Arkansas. So it could be a trip down memory lane.
But with politicians, you can't trust the motives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
First of all, having visited this chuch many times, and knowing the leadership, they would NEVER turn a service into a political rally.

Secondly, if we knew for certain he were using the pulpit as a political too, I would be the first to say that you are just in your view.

However, these are the facts as I know them...MH mentioned to those working on his campaign that he wanted to attend service on Sunday.

Someone from his campaign who lives in this area and has visited the Apostolic Church told MH about it...gave him the info regarding the Website...he checked it out, listening to the choir and Pastor W preach...said that this was where he wanted to go, and he stayed through the entire service.

Thirdly, MH is the one who asked the media to not attend...

Now it just seems to me that if the man had wanted to make it a political scene, he would have been happy to have it televised.

This is just how I see it from my house...