Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Re: To Beard or Not to Beard, That is The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Burk View Post
If you're writing the above with my study in mind I believe you missed an important point--I never said the saints not wearing related gang colors was a Heaven or Hell issue. I said it was to help the saints with their witness to each other and to those outside their fellowship, and it was to protect them from being misidentified and possibly physically harmed or killed. But, as I indicated, this would be a known problem that the Church body could easily understand needed to be remedied.

This type of teaching was necessary to aid the Early Church spread the gospel throughout the various cultures of their world, and this same type of teaching is needed for the Church to do the same work today.
^^^^^This.

I probably wouldn't get into so many arguments if I could just explain myself more like you.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Ah Shaddap
Old 06-18-2019, 12:24 PM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
There is no gang in the USA or elsewhere, even MS-13, which is more dangerous to the church than the Romans and Jewish priesthood were to the first believers in Acts.

The Biblical standard therefore to solve the problems a church might be having in gangland is to pray without ceasing with fasting and intercession, coupled with evangelism and turn their communities upside down. Ever read what the Apostolics did in Ethiopia? Or what early Pentecostals endured and did in rural America way back when?

The solution has ever been the same.
But no one is facing the First Century Romans or Jewish Priesthood today, are they? But, there are churches today who do face gang dangers, right? So, what is your point?

Are you saying a church deciding it is in their best interest to not appear the member of a gang they are facing today is a bad thing? Instead, they should wear that gang color like a banner and go forth in prayer and fasting in Jesus name? Is that your "solution"?

Wouldn't that "solution" in itself be a kind of church standard? Also, with the dangers your "solution" might create, wouldn't it also be a disobedience to the command to "not test the LORD your God."? (Mat 4:7)

Please, correct me if I misunderstood your post.
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 06-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Now you're cooking!
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 06-18-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I can't answer that, because I don't work that way. If I can't explain it through scripture then who is rebelling against who? I understand submit ye one to another, but that is submission to one who is in submission to God. I make my view known, but I stress that anyone who does anything they don't believe in, then it is not God. If you can't understand it through the scripture, and you do it, you will just undo it at a future date. People are built that way, people have to be thoroughly convinced of a subject before they make it their own.
Amen!

"The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin."....(Romans 14:22-23)
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 06-18-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I always believed it. I never questioned it. The bell and the pomegranate and the rope tied around the ankle just in case he had sin, and was struck dead, the other (not so high) priests could retrieve his sinful carcass.

Well, the bell and the pomegranate are in the Bible, but the rope around the ankle, not there.

I didn’t know it came from the black hat and coat crowd though. It makes sense that it does thou.

I’m clueless on peyos. What is that/are they?
Yes, the bell and the pomegranate are in the Bible, but, like that ankle rope, they were not used on Yom Kippur. Only a pure linen garment was worn in the Most Holy Place.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 06-18-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
^^^^^This.

I probably wouldn't get into so many arguments if I could just explain myself more like you.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Jason Momoa already repented and shaved.

Ohhhhh boy! He must be looking our way! Wait a minute...I mean "yalls way"....cause Im not over there.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Jason Momoa already repented and shaved.

Praise Jesus!!!!!

Another one shaved in Jesus name!!!
Old 06-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Have YOU been shaved since you first believed?