Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Talking For Sis. Alvear

Sis Alvear, I think you were traveling to the States at a time when I posted a humorous message just for you. Rather than go try to resurrect it, I'll just share it with you again. I know you will get a kick out of these two happenings.

Marcos and Michelle came to our church from Brazil recently. They were with us for 3 weeks. We absolutely adored them and didn't want them to leave!! On the last Sunday that they were here, Marcos spoke in the morning service. POWERFUL!! It was just POWERFUL!!

Anyhow, as part of what he shared with us, he told about when our pastor and a group went to Brazil for a short-term mission trip. While they were there, Pastor Andy preached at his church and Marcos interpreted. Marcos said Pastor Andy was talking about the three men who worked - one all day, one 1/2 day and one for 1 hour. When he got to that part, he threw his arms in the air and declared "and now we come to PAYDAY". Marcos said the jaws of everyone there just dropped and Marcos told Pastor, "I don't think you should have said that." Apparently, in Portuguese, he just said, "I farted".hehehehe

later that day, we took Marcos and Michelle and another couple out for lunch. On the way home, we girls all rode together. Michelle doesn't speak English as well as Marcos, so communication was a little tough. I asked her what animals or birds she'd seen here that she doesn't see in Brazil. She told me a few. And then I said to her, "Hey, we're right by (our local metropark), let's drive through and see if we can spot any deer in the woods". Michelle turned all kinds of shades of red. Kathy, who was mostly interpreting said to me, "I think you just told her we were going to look for male homosexuals in the woods."

Now I'm guessing you have lots of these snaffue type stories. But I thought I'd share mine with you just for fun. Have a good day.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Sister Alvear

Thank you...that is so cute....