Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 12-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
No. Not kidding. It was a take down move. I've done things like that when wrestling with friends as a kid. A Chokehold..what was outlawed by the police, is a move to actually CHOKE someone. The is a difference between taking someone down from behind (getting leverege) and choking someone's wind pipe.

Now maybe its possible as this man rolls over that it turned into one but Read that nypost article. There was no damage.

Also being ignored...he died because his preexisting condition and chest compression...he did not have a problem breathing until AFTER they rolled him over.

I ask again how do they subdue and cuff a man that is resisting???? Hello?
The move was a headlock, not a choke hold per media. There's a legal difference.

This was a tragedy. Period. Nothing more and nothing less. The victim didn't die because he was black, and the officer didn't have malice towards the victim. It's a sad tragedy. Lot's of "if"s and "but"s on all sides here.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Whatever you want to call it, the cop put his arm around the man's neck, causing him to be unable to breathe. That resulted in stress being placed on the heart which caused the cardiac arrest.

One led to another.... and it all directly resulted from a thug in uniform.

Call it a choke hold, call it a headlock, call it a hug if you want. I'll call it negligent homicide. He should have known what his actions could lead to. I'll bet it wasn't his first use of excessive force, and it likely won't be the last.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:54 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Whatever you want to call it, the cop put his arm around the man's neck, causing him to be unable to breathe. That resulted in stress being placed on the heart which caused the cardiac arrest.

One led to another.... and it all directly resulted from a thug in uniform.

Call it a choke hold, call it a headlock, call it a hug if you want. I'll call it negligent homicide. He should have known what his actions could lead to. I'll bet it wasn't his first use of excessive force, and it likely won't be the last.
That about sums it up. Amen
Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
It wasn't a choke hold.

The man resisted police. Tell me what should they have done?
Quote:
These cops have no reason to know about preexisting conditions when they try to subdue someone by whatever means. A tazer could have killed him and everyone would be second guessing using those
Old 12-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

There are people in uniform who probably shouldn't be, but the vast majority are just doing their jobs like everyone else in this country. I have connections to our local pd and you can listen to the scanner and it would blow your mind at the foolishness they endure. people will insult the pd but they will be the first to call over any little thing.

Whether or not the officer used excessive force or not the wages of sin is death. This man did not innocently leave out into eternity. We truly reap what we sow and when it comes down to it the officer will one day stand before a righteous judge also. Christians should not be stirring the pot of hate.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStanding View Post
The move was a headlock, not a choke hold per media. There's a legal difference.

This was a tragedy. Period. Nothing more and nothing less. The victim didn't die because he was black, and the officer didn't have malice towards the victim. It's a sad tragedy. Lot's of "if"s and "but"s on all sides here.
Yes...also people confuse a Choke hold...meant to cut off air with the BJJ move "Chokehold" meant to cut off blood flow to the brain and pass you out

But what this was instead was an attempt to bring him down

But what i want to know is why the officers who were oh his back were not also charged?

Also why didn't the supervisor present stop it when she heard him saying he can't breath??

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Whatever you want to call it, the cop put his arm around the man's neck, causing him to be unable to breathe.
You obviously did not read any of the links I posted

The Autopsy only gave what he did as a contributor factor. He also listed the dude KNEELING on the mans back and him being on his stomach

Ok he did not have a problem breathing until they rolled him on his stomach.

Why are you all trying to make this guy the scape goat?

If it was the man putting him in a headlock then the man should have been unable to breath before being on the ground and then rolling over

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
There are people in uniform who probably shouldn't be, but the vast majority are just doing their jobs like everyone else in this country. I have connections to our local pd and you can listen to the scanner and it would blow your mind at the foolishness they endure. people will insult the pd but they will be the first to call over any little thing.

Whether or not the officer used excessive force or not the wages of sin is death. This man did not innocently leave out into eternity. We truly reap what we sow and when it comes down to it the officer will one day stand before a righteous judge also. Christians should not be stirring the pot of hate.
Agreed and let me restate that the Police did not make this law. Those guys were called out there, they got a call ok? How would citizens feel if their police ignored calls?

Old 12-06-2014, 06:31 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

If the LEO had put a choke hold on the victim, he would not have been able to breath OR TALK at all. I do agree that the headlock should have been loosened when the guy complained that he couldn't breath. We obviously don't know the info the was given to the grand jury. I have heard that the officer in charge in this situation was black.

Looking at the video itself, I can see where disciplinary actions should be taken against the officers involved. What we are not hearing is all the facts that led up to 10 officers needing to take this man down. Yes, the police tactics used were instrumental in the man's death. But, some responsibility must lie on the victim himself for resisting arrest. We can all agree that had he complied with police requests, he would be alive today! It's a tragedy of errors.