Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 03-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: Jihad vs Crusades - Obama distorts history

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
I'm more curious in how many times you have been attacked by a Muslim...you can answer that from your living room, so no pressure there.
Yes, ignore Ft. Hood, ignore the Oklahoma workplace beheading, ignore the attacks overseas. Apparently, since anon5 hasn't personally been attacked, it must not be happening.

IMO, the reason muslims aren't attacking more here in the States is because most US citizens use their right to bear arms. It's very common to see people wearing a pistol in stores or other public places where allowed.

Quote:
I find the most telling rebuttal of 911 to be OBL's "I sure wish i could take credit for it--i would be proud to. But i can't."
The use of quotation marks indicates that this is a direct quote. Please post the source for this alleged quote.

Quote:
Nevermind the strong evidence that it was an inside job now--which btw even most Americans now accept. Don't let your eyes deceive you, wadr.

Last edited by n david; 03-05-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Banned

i don't mean to imply that one should ignore anything; but rather to consider everything, widen the context. Scripture says Live by the sword, die by the sword; so, as tragic as Ft. Hood is, your (apparent) view that it was some rogue "Moslum" who perpetrated the atrocity must at least be considered next to the reality that this was a vetted officer of the US, one of their own.

i just grabbed one, of many. i don't think anyone disputes that he said this. i paraphrased it, but i think i got the spirit of his quote.

you can belittle me, if it makes you feel superior for a minute, fine. but understand that you are putting down the majority of Americans, with this. It is prolly best stated that "the majority of Americans are skeptical of the official version." I'll let you pick your link.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20911&es_th=1

not sure how the underlining started, hope it does not interfere
Old 03-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Banned

ya, that's not the OBL quote i wanted--it was a later one. I'll fish around for it.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:32 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Why am I not surprised that shazeep is a "troofer".
Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Why am I not surprised that shazeep is a "troofer".
i have no idea what happened; i just proceed from a different premise than most, namely "the world is satan's domain." Wadr, you are most likely heavily invested in the world, and so might at least consider how this might require you to close your eyes to things.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Banned

Understand that this requires a difficult step--a very difficult one. All povs must be suspended--as we will naturally gravitate to the ones our peers have embraced--and the fruit must be examined; the "money" followed. If one asks God for wisdom here, it will come, but i gotta warn you that you cannot unsee things God shows you. Count the cost. The truth is not easily divulged--and certainly isn't taught--and is not pretty.

We live in a world rotten to the core, and grasp the easy justifications provided for us to maintain our places in it.

Last edited by shazeep; 03-05-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
i don't mean to imply that one should ignore anything; but rather to consider everything, widen the context. Scripture says Live by the sword, die by the sword; so, as tragic as Ft. Hood is, your (apparent) view that it was some rogue "Moslum" who perpetrated the atrocity must at least be considered next to the reality that this was a vetted officer of the US, one of their own.
I never used the word "Moslum," not sure what that's in quotes. The fact he was in the military doesn't change the fact that he acted out, per his own statements, waging his own jihad against the US.

Quote:
i just grabbed one, of many. i don't think anyone disputes that he said this. i paraphrased it, but i think i got the spirit of his quote.
What you said OBL said: "I sure wish i could take credit for it--i would be proud to. But i can't."

What your link claims he said: "After the recent attacks, which the US has witnessed, the US government ventured to point fingers at me, accuse me of involvement. The US government has consistently blamed me for being behind every occasion its enemies attack it. I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons. As for me, I have been living in the islamic emirate of Afghanistan and following its leader's rule. The current leader does not allow me to exercise such operations."

Yeah, you definitely paraphrased it. I don't read anything in his alleged statement wishing to take credit for it, or being proud to do so.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Sorry, I'm not a "truther." Not only have the truther conspiracies been sufficiently disproven, but had something like this happened, something would have leaked by now. Snowden and his leaks have proven nothing is truly a secret.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Banned

he did allude to as much in a later statement, although i might be overstating it, as he expressed disdain for shedding innocent blood in the same statement, i think. The gist of it was "hey, i'd be a hero among my peers, if i did this; but it would be wrong to claim credit for something i didn't do." Made all the more impactful, imo, as he knew he was walking dead at that point.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Sorry, I'm not a "truther." Not only have the truther conspiracies been sufficiently disproven, but had something like this happened, something would have leaked by now. Snowden and his leaks have proven nothing is truly a secret.
Hmm, well, saying "I am not a truther" strikes me as avoiding truth on its face, but i get you. You say they "have been sufficiently disproven," but this is nullified by others' "have sufficiently been proven," and so just illustrates to me why competing povs are useless in finding the truth. Let's follow the money, shall we. You are prepared, i take it, to dispute some of the points in 911 was an Inside Job? I mean, nevermind that even, what about the most recent film of building 7, demo charges plainly seen going off?

Please take these rhetorically, as i am done rehashing them--the point is that "sufficiently disproven" is a phrae to make you feel more secure in your "knowledge," wadr, that does not lead to truth.