Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-23-2016, 11:50 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Trump and African Americans

I'm watching a town hall meeting with Trump on Hannity. It's incredible. A theater filled with African Americans as well as other minorities in full throated support of DT. A very sharp AA woman who was on The Apprentice three different times talked about DT's financial backing for a TV show she produced in TV One, an AA-owned network. The Diversity Coalition was there and they stood---ppl of all races and ethnicities in support of DT. The conversation talked about Trump's employee workforce and how diverse it is.

The Democrat Party and President Obama have failed the AA community. I believe Trump is going to garner a significant percentage of the AA community. His ability to create jobs, his tough rhetoric about crime and the decay in urban centers, his appeal to the AA to give him a chance I believe is going to convince enough AA voters that will help undermine a taken for granted, and taken for granted voting bloc of the Dem Party.

The statistics are abysmal.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump and African Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I'm watching a town hall meeting with Trump on Hannity. It's incredible. A theater filled with African Americans as well as other minorities in full throated support of DT. A very sharp AA woman who was on The Apprentice three different times talked about DT's financial backing for a TV show she produced in TV One, an AA-owned network. The Diversity Coalition was there and they stood---ppl of all races and ethnicities in support of DT. The conversation talked about Trump's employee workforce and how diverse it is.

The Democrat Party and President Obama have failed the AA community. I believe Trump is going to garner a significant percentage of the AA community. His ability to create jobs, his tough rhetoric about crime and the decay in urban centers, his appeal to the AA to give him a chance I believe is going to convince enough AA voters that will help undermine a taken for granted, and taken for granted voting bloc of the Dem Party.

The statistics are abysmal.

Even if he got just 20% of the black vote it would send shock waves through the Dem Party.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Even if he got just 20% of the black vote it would send shock waves through the Dem Party.
I would like to see a real Republican be the candidate that sends these kinds of shockwaves to the Democrat Party regarding this issue.

It will do no one any good in the long run for an anomaly like Trump to come in and do something politically historic with this American demographic.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

The Jews will accept Jesus as their Messiah before the majority of African Americans vote for a Republican.