Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Please don't refrain- I really want to hear Everything- all the wild stories- go ahead and post them please
His in-laws are good people. I do not think it does them justice to drag things out in the open. They thought he was a good christian just like everyone else who knew him.

For the sake of peoples feelings being hurt and old wounds being opened, I think Thad that it would be best just to leave this alone.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 10-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
where does he say he was upc?
He was UPC and was based out of Howard Davis' church in San Bernadino for quite some time.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered Member

Someone told me about how far CS Garrett had gone months ago and even sent me the link to his myspace page. This is something that totally sickens me, but we ought to be praying for him and his family - not looking at him like he is in a freak show. The people I know knew him when he was an ultra con, not UPC.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
His in-laws are good people. I do not think it does them justice to drag things out in the open. They thought he was a good christian just like everyone else who knew him.

For the sake of peoples feelings being hurt and old wounds being opened, I think Thad that it would be best just to leave this alone.

Think how you'd feel if this were your son, ex-husband, dad, friend or relative. I wouldn't want this put on the internet about someone I was close to...Granted, he put all of that on myspace - but I think that is where it needs to stay on "his space" - don't bring anymore of it here on a forum for "Apostolic Friends"...Just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post

Maybe i misunderstood - I thought you was referring to the church n general not persons per say.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
[/B]

Think how you'd feel if this were your son, ex-husband, dad, friend or relative. I wouldn't want this put on the internet about someone I was close to...Granted, he put all of that on myspace - but I think that is where it needs to stay on "his space" - don't bring anymore of it here on a forum for "Apostolic Friends"...Just my opinion.

again, I must have mis-read it. I do agree, we should be careful about the extended family for certain.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Someone told me about how far CS Garrett had gone months ago and even sent me the link to his myspace page. This is something that totally sickens me, but we ought to be praying for him and his family - not looking at him like he is in a freak show. The people I know knew him when he was an ultra con, not UPC.

from what he said in his sermon, sounds like the wife fully accepts this
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
[/B]

jane, he is all over the internet not just on his myspace page.
including his sermons, interviews and the fact that he is now apart of Baker's church. sounds like HE in fact is very public and vocal about it
Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
jane, he is all over the internet not just on his myspace page.
including his sermons, interviews and the fact that he is now apart of Baker's church. sounds like HE in fact is very public and vocal about it
Thad, I realize that - I just think we've had (or at least I've had) enough of this talk about him. Maybe a fascinating shape of cow manure might be intriguing - but leave the cow manure where it is - don't bring it to a "friend's house" ...If we want to go and see the cow manure we can find the links. The path would be easy to find on Google Street. I am not calling him cow manure - but all of this stuff that he is involved in stinks.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
from what he said in his sermon, sounds like the wife fully accepts this
I thought that is what I had heard - however, maybe she thinks he's going to become famous and they'll both gain financially. I can't understand her reasoning...This is the most bizarre situation I have ever heard of for a former Oneness preacher. I am sure there must be many bizarre stories out there - but hopefully no more like this one.