Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Sweet Pea
I really don't think it is a standard or a conservative issue that is motivating Myles. Myles is a progressive thinker but I think he is searching for that "special something" he knew as a young person that has slipped away from him and his generation the last few years. I can almost guarantee he won't find it in Tulsa! But if he keeps searching in honesty something far better is coming his way and to all those who hunger after righteousness.
One thing I do know God's not worried for everything is going like clockwork.
Raven
Interesting....(the bolded portion).

I think there is a sense of something lost among many younger ministers.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
So....his job depends on following his FIL???????????

When you marry into some families you just gotta walk their straightline.!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Jim View Post
Now that Bro Young has turned in his card, it will be interesting what else is on the horizon as it relates to close family and the local church that he pastors.

Is there a strategy going on ? One wonders what both his Father and father in law will do in the days to come and if his departure is part of an overall plan?
Good for him. Many new horizons on the way...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

From what I remember he was just a normal great guy with a FABULOUS singing voice. We'll see how it all comes out in the wash...

Is Pop-in-law turning in his card, too? No surprise.

Girls cain't wear no bows in they're hair or striped tights or red shoes, but they can wear them designer suits and Rolex watches! Whoo Hoooo!!!

Costly array! Wonder if they can git thru those pearlies wearing Gucci???
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

He penned a song that Clint Brown recorded and our church loves it.

"I came to clap my hands,
I came to stomp my feet,
I came to lift my voice,
I came to get up, get up, get up, get up, get up, get up..."

His wife is a great lady, a true class act.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Sweet Pea
I really don't think it is a standard or a conservative issue that is motivating Myles. Myles is a progressive thinker but I think he is searching for that "special something" he knew as a young person that has slipped away from him and his generation the last few years. I can almost guarantee he won't find it in Tulsa! But if he keeps searching in honesty something far better is coming his way and to all those who hunger after righteousness.
Raven
For sure!

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

I do know that while he is Pastor, Bishop still calls the shots... and you can quote me on that...

If I were a betting man I would bet that he just forgot to pay his dues....

Another point...Myles could preach and reach people in circles around anybody there local... He is a really good preacher...and relates with folks...

I knew guys who grew up with him and in his youth he was very liberal but he has reached a conservative point in his life serving under his FIL...and now his Dad attends there too...

I have a lot of respect for Myles as well as feeling somewhat sorry for him to...

Shadows sometimes are hard to overcome but they soon vanish away in time...

Just my opinion...
Old 11-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sweet Pea
Raven

Raven, I meant no disrespect to MY at all. I agree that he seems to be a progressive thinker - and that many young ministers like him are desiring something better than "the norm" and status quo. I was basing my "observation" simply on comments made to me by other young ministers who have been around him. I really didn't think he would be one of the first to "go out" - and I really had been led to believe that Res 4 was not that big a deal to him. As I stated earlier.... maybe I was misinformed. (But I have to agree - I'm not sure he'll find what he's looking for in Tulsa - but who knows.)

And I agree..... God's not worried..... He has all things in control.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by Sweet Pea; 11-02-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Sweet Pea
Raven
That is almost exactly what God spoke to our church in prayer meeting last week through tongues and interpretation. God is truly in control. I know that it is hard to see now, but I beleive that the Will of God will be done on both sides.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Wow!! I did not know this!!
Apparently, this is more than just a speculation...but on good authority that it has happened.