Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
With all due respect brother, what business is that of yours?

There are tons of people that attend church, sit week in and week out listening to a pastor give his opinions to the church members, they soak it in, write him a check, and go home. Week in, week out. With zero time for dialogue of the scriptures, because layity has nothing to offer clergy when it comes to rightly dividing the word. That’s why visiting preachers holler at the pew people to “Tap yourself on the chest and say my man a God! Or “wherever your man if God is, there where the ark of the covenant is!” Or “It’s not up to you to question the man of God!”
So, instead of studying and debating what’s right on a forum, I guess you just figure they ought to tuck tail and go to a Trinitarian church, or a totally against tongues church, c of c that don’t believe in the miraculous, right? Is that what you do? I’ll tell ya, no it’s not what you do. You keep studying, you discuss on line with other believers, and do your best to try not to call dissension where you attend, while still being a BEREAN. Searching the scriptures to see if what you’re hearing is accurate.
It is my business in the following limited capacities:

1.) I am an Admin on this forum and what transpires here is under my administration.

2.) Tithemeister has openly on this forum made it know what he believes regarding these issues, and has also made it open for all to read that he doesn't attend a church which holds his particular beliefs. The matter, therefore, is fair game.

3.) To help him realize something he and you are not seeing. Several members over the years have admonished him to "sweep around his own porch" before coming to an online forum to set people straight on what they should believe. This is just another incident of that. Why be concerned over EB's discernment regarding the possibility that a new member is a returned twice banned member under a different name when there are people in his own local church who are potentially completely oblivious to the fact he doesn't adhere to not un-substantial different doctrinal views, thus possibly making him a heretic and a false teacher crept in unawares in their eyes (not mine) if they but knew the truth.

Don't you see how that's a bigger issue to worry about than someone on an online forum for whom he cares little and likes less?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Peter said God accepted Cornelius because he feared God and did what’s right. God then poured out His Spirit on him (and his house), and they spoke in tongues.

W that in mind...

I have many friends, one specifically is southern baptist, his whole family are all about serving God w all their heart.I have a few others the same.

My question is, if God accepted Cornelius, and the Spirit fell on him(as Peter explains the cross) w tongues present, why does God not accept these others like my friends family that loves Jesus w all their heart as well? And then they speak in tongues like Cornelius. There’s without question thousands of these people that love God w all their heart, similar to Cornelius. Why are they not accepted? Or are they?
Is this not the true crux of the situation? An emotional attachment to people who are not Spirit-filled whom you want to consider saved?

Old 08-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Peter said God accepted Cornelius because he feared God and did what’s right. God then poured out His Spirit on him (and his house), and they spoke in tongues.

W that in mind...

I have many friends, one specifically is southern baptist, his whole family are all about serving God w all their heart.I have a few others the same.

My question is, if God accepted Cornelius, and the Spirit fell on him(as Peter explains the cross) w tongues present, why does God not accept these others like my friends family that loves Jesus w all their heart as well? And then they speak in tongues like Cornelius. There’s without question thousands of these people that love God w all their heart, similar to Cornelius. Why are they not accepted? Or are they?
As for Cornelius, I addressed this some pages ago. I suggest a reread. But note this for now: Prior to Simon's arrival, was Cornelius serving the Lord Jesus with all his heart? Simon mentioned how Cornelius had heard of the Lord Jesus, but that was it. No mention of already dedicating his life to the Lord, of serving and worshipping him.

So these two situations are not comparable in any real sense.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Master ThreadKiller

Quote:
I would like more of you thoughts on this:
In light of Cornelius’ story...

People hungry for God, love and live for our Saviour, he is not just their Saviour but also their Lord. JUST LIKE CORNELIUS feared God and did what’s right. Yet based on the position of tongues always being THE evidence of Spirit infilling, people don’t receive the Spirit.
Why is that?
Without question there is and has been thousands.
Why would God Spirit fill Cornelius even preceding baptism, but yet not fill them neither before or after?
Because of their preacher?

Remember, Peter was simply telling Cornelius about “the cross being for everyone that feared God and did what’s right, not just Jews, and then all of a sudden pow, the Holy Ghost was poured out on him.

This kind of troubles me, as is obvious, but I believe it is a legitimate concern, so looking for answers.

Thank you for any and all thoughts as to why him, and not them.
As for why people dont receive the Holy Ghost? There are people sitting on Pentecostal pews who don't have the Holy Ghost, though they've been "seeking" for years. And I'm absolutely convinced there are people as "Pentecostal" as can be who likely never got the real deal. Why?

I don't know. I wish I could just push a button and everyone would get filled with God's Spirit. I suppose there are just as many reasons as there are people.

Plus, if you've got your mind made up you are NOT going to be one of them tongue talking Pentecostals, well...?

A lot of people "believe in Jesus" but salvation depends on a certain particular belief in Jesus - the belief taught by the apostles.

Maybe you could ask your Baptist friends if they've ever been baptised with the Holy Ghost "speaking in tongues". You might be surprised at the response? Quite a few baptists are "Pentecostal at home, baptist at church" types.

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 08-10-2019, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
As for why people dont receive the Holy Ghost? There are people sitting on Pentecostal pews who don't have the Holy Ghost, though they've been "seeking" for years. And I'm absolutely convinced there are people as "Pentecostal" as can be who likely never got the real deal. Why?

I don't know. I wish I could just push a button and everyone would get filled with God's Spirit. I suppose there are just as many reasons as there are people.

Plus, if you've got your mind made up you are NOT going to be one of them tongue talking Pentecostals, well...?

A lot of people "believe in Jesus" but salvation depends on a certain particular belief in Jesus - the belief taught by the apostles.

Maybe you could ask your Baptist friends if they've ever been baptised with the Holy Ghost "speaking in tongues". You might be surprised at the response? Quite a few baptists are "Pentecostal at home, baptist at church" types.
Awesome!
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.