Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

I'm really in a twilight zone of mixed feelings about all of this. The principals in all of this, KH and NW, are old and very valued friends of mine. I can only imagine the situation they face at family get togethers! So with all the differing opinions I pray that through it all that we will be guided by the supreme law of all, ... the Law of Love!
Raven
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 AM
God's Son

You don't consider the fallout from the 1992 AS debacle as a split? Better men left in '92 than who is listed to headline the Tulsa Tango.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Sounds right, why else would he have written the letter? I don't think the UPC is going down they are much too big for that. But, Bro. Haney can't win in this situation because after almost 100 years of being in existence the UPC will split on his watch.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
God's Son

I don't think Chicago Pastor's numbers take into account the non-upc riff raff which will invade Tulsa. Gary Reckert already announced his intentions of showing up. There are a number of other non-upci affiliated preachers who will mosey on by. When the exaggerated total is submitted, the real question should be is the percentage of upci preachers in attendance.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
I don't think Chicago Pastor's numbers take into account the non-upc riff raff which will invade Tulsa. Gary Reckert already announced his intentions of showing up. There are a number of other non-upci affiliated preachers who will mosey on by. When the exaggerated total is submitted, the real question should be is the percentage of upci preachers in attendance.
I would say that MOST attending will go out of curiosity! They may have a full house, but how many will actually sign up? I think this will be where the 500 number comes in. I would say that HALF of those will already be outside of the UPCI!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Live like it.

Bro Haney is the current leader of the UPCI. What kind of leader would watch as some men are pulling out and trying to pull as many other preachers as they can with them, and not address this in some way.

Putting a positive look or "spin" on something isn't wrong. It's not like he's covering up some sin by putting a "spin" on it. Sometimes we look for fault too much.

For those who don't care for Bro Haney's letter... please tell me what you would say if you were leader of the UPCI.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
The UPCI has left out their membership numbers from the 2208 World Almanac.

You know why?

Because they were supposed to be 5 times the AOG by now.

The growth rates talked about in the UPCI circles has been a joke for the better part of 30 years.

It has been stated that within the UPCI, that the UPCI is the fastest growing organization in the world.

The AOG has 12,084 Churches the UPCI has 3,790.

The UPCI does not have a church listed in the top 50 largest Churches in the US.

The AOG is listed as number 10 on the largest organizations in the US.

".....for MORE are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD." - Isaiah 54:1

As I read your remarks, comparing the growth of the UPCI to that of the AOG, immediately the words of this scriptural passage came to the forefront of my thoughts.

As one who has been "born again" of the "water and of the Spirit," and am therefore a member of the "church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood," (as you also publicly profess to be), I hold firm to the belief that unlike those who hold allegiance to the teachings of the AOG, as well as a host of other religious organizations which form the worldwide "professing Christian" community, we are "children of the "married wife" (the virgin Bride of Christ).

I believe it utterly absurd for one to use the growth of those organizations, which MUST be construed as "children of the desolate," to the steady increase of the UPCI, as well as other groups which make up the worldwide Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal movement, albeit that growth is not as rapid as many of us would desire.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
The UPCI has left out their membership numbers from the 2208 World Almanac.

You know why?

Because they were supposed to be 5 times the AOG by now.

The growth rates talked about in the UPCI circles has been a joke for the better part of 30 years.

It has been stated that within the UPCI, that the UPCI is the fastest growing organization in the world.

The AOG has 12,084 Churches the UPCI has 3,790.

The UPCI does not have a church listed in the top 50 largest Churches in the US.

The AOG is listed as number 10 on the largest organizations in the US.

One thing the UPCI has not done has nothing to do with standards, truth etc.

They have not learned how to market the message and their churches.

The difference in the continued growth is using the tools to get the message out.

It the organization thinks tools such as TV or Internet are a compromise that would lead the organization down a sinners slope.

They should go back and look at their message...

The church will not grow if all the ministers can do is have lack of faith in God, themselves and their congregations.
Well I thank God for the UPCI and those before it. They brought the truth of God to a friend, the friend brought it to me, and I brought it to my family others who would receive it.

Yes now and forever I will thank the UPCI for bringing and continuing to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Where are the sour grapes?

Why are so many people on this forum so concerned with what is happening in circles of people who are NOT even saved.

The UPCI doesn't think that TV is compromise, the people leaving do, but this is the USA you have rights here. Those leaving are just using their right to be wrong.
I'm for the tv advertising, but I can understand those that aren't.

Those that are leaving the UPCI because of tv advertising aren't wrong for that. If they continue in finding the lost sheep of Jesus Christ then they are right.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
You don't consider the fallout from the 1992 AS debacle as a split? Better men left in '92 than who is listed to headline the Tulsa Tango.
The king of subjective posting strikes again! You crack me up!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamDat View Post
I'm for the tv advertising, but I can understand those that aren't.

Those that are leaving the UPCI because of tv advertising aren't wrong for that. If they continue in finding the lost sheep of Jesus Christ then they are right.
Jim, therein lies the probelm, the issue is NEVER the issue. It seems to me that many who have leaving on their mind, had that on their mind long before the TV issue was the "issue"!