Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Do Branhamites?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeamOK View Post
Ms.Brattified ignores Genesis 4:2 Adam knew his wife once. Two sons born.

I wonder which doctrine appears to make more sense?

The fall was the result of a contamination of the original purpose as believed by the Branhamites or Eve ate an apple. Yeah, Eve ate an apple! That would explain why Jesus (As a man) was a creation of God, as was the first man Adam.

It's not something, I care to argue at all, but I want to emphasize that sometimes, things we accept at true, may seem weird to others.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Not yours. Using your [faulty] logic, ABEL would have been the son of the serpent, because scripture plainly says that ADAM knew his wife and she bare Cain.

Gen 4:20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.
Gen 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
Gen 4:22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

Notice that scripture doesn't specify each time a woman bore a child that she "knew" her husband. I don't think that means there was another man (or in this case, creature) involved.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

sssss subtile serpent seed doctrine is most dangerous doctrine imaginable, it seeks to place satan as an equal with God as a giver of life .this caused his fall (I will be like the most high) if this is not a doctrine of endless genealogies then what is?
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Go Dodgers!

Logically it also makes humans NOT human at all but a hybrid of a demon and a human

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That faulty reasoning is similar to the same faulty reasoning Branham used when saying Seth was said to be in Adam's image but Cain was not. The fact is ABEL WAS NOT SAID TO BE IN ADAM'S IMAGE EITHER. Does that make Abel someone other than Adam's son simply because it was not MENTIONED that he was?
Genesis 5:3 KJV And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
It is arguing from silence to say that Adam knew Eve once and she bore two sons. Just because it does not say Adam knew Eve again and she bore Abel, or it does not say that Cain and Abel were TWINS, does not mean Cain is not Adam's son, any more than just because we do not read Cain was in Adam's image doesn't mean he was not in Adam's image.

Quote:

The fall was the result of a contamination of the original purpose as believed by the Branhamites or Eve ate an apple. Yeah, Eve ate an apple! That would explain why Jesus (As a man) was a creation of God, as was the first man Adam.

It's not something, I care to argue at all, but I want to emphasize that sometimes, things we accept at true, may seem weird to others.
Eve ate no apple, and that is a distortion of what is believed by those who deny serpent seed. She ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. Branham at least said the ORIGINAL SEED IS THE WORD. He should have recognized that THE SEED of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil was ALSO A WORD< but a FALSE WORD, or LIE. It seems Branham got into the flesh with his thoughts that BEGAN correct in recognizing the SEED as the WORD, and he should have remained SPIRITUAL about this and realized the FALSE SEED was a LIE, not semen.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 05-01-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Registered Member

Hi everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back. God bless you for your replies and for being so nice. To answer some of the questions asked here...in the Message churches women are not permitted to say a lot. We are told to "stay in our kitchens." in church we cannot testify and supposed to be "shamefaced" We're not really supposed to be educated although more women are stepping out and going on to college which I think is GREAT!
The term, "Branhamite" is offensive to a Message believer. It is likened to calling a Pentecostal or a Holiness person a "Holy Roller" and meaning it in a BAD way if you know what I mean? They prefer to be known as "Message Believers"
May I ask what you do not agree with as far as their doctrine? I am just curious.
I have been going to an Apostolic church for about 2 months now. LOVE it. BIG difference in the freedom to worship...there is liberty there!!! I got the HOLY GHOST a couple of weeks ago in revival service!!! Praise GOD!!! The saints are AWESOME!!! Wonderful Pastor!!! God has truly blessed me!!! I am so glad HE brought me out!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitedove View Post
May I ask what you do not agree with as far as their doctrine? I am just curious.
You mean the Message doctrine?

I disagree with the entire concept of serpent seed, since it is based upon Calvinism which teaches certain people just have no choice to be saved or not, and will be lost.

Also, Branham was in error about thinking he was the seventh angel in Revelation. It seemed to be a MAN-focused church. That tends to make people think no one can do what he did, and God is no respector of persons. I sincerely believe God used Branham, despite his errors, but do not believe no one else can operate like that.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 10-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

The Serpentseed being a literal union is a very old doctrine, coming from the jewish kabalah.It's Eve the mother of humanty downgrading to an animal. It's occult through and through. Also learned by Blavatsky and believed by Adolf Hitler. All in different variables . In the message there also are a lot of different views. There are also a lot of signs of the occult in his ministry. The greens star he saw so many times ,the vibrating and hot hand, the masonic influence .....People are so focused on the miracles that they don't notice what's going on. Men that are much inspired by him have the same identical mysterious experiences and miracles, healings .... Like Paul Cain, Bob Jones, Tod Bentley, Benny Hinn.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrus50 View Post
The Serpentseed being a literal union is a very old doctrine, coming from the jewish kabalah.It's Eve the mother of humanty downgrading to an animal. It's occult through and through. Also learned by Blavatsky and believed by Adolf Hitler. All in different variables . In the message there also are a lot of different views. There are also a lot of signs of the occult in his ministry. The greens star he saw so many times ,the vibrating and hot hand, the masonic influence .....People are so focused on the miracles that they don't notice what's going on. Men that are much inspired by him have the same identical mysterious experiences and miracles, healings .... Like Paul Cain, Bob Jones, Tod Bentley, Benny Hinn.
I became acquainted with the Message Cult 44 years ago through a very good friend [now deceased] seeing the inner workings of the various splinter groups. I am not sure there actually were miracles in the degree or the number alleged. As for healings, that too is suspect. Not that healings did not occur but that thy were nowhere as many or as dramatic as claimed. It well may be that AA Allen or Jack Coe, Oral Roberts or others had as many claimed as the Branham party. What was simply taken as truth Pre Internet came to be intensely examined Post Internet and then the curtain was pulled back. The old saying, "don't believe everything you hear and only half of what [you think] you see." Sincereity does not always equate to truth.

The Message failed in no uncertain terms.

False predictions.
False alleged "thus saith the Lord."
False visions.
False discernments.
False expectations.
False doctrines.

One of Branham's chief advisors and confidante's confessed that William Branham "made a mess of it."

WMB was a Pentecostal evangelist who came to hammer the Pentecostals after the demise of the Post WW2 revival.

The church age "messengers" [angels] was borrowed from C. T. Russell, founder of the JW's.

The dates for the ages was lifted from the works of Clarence Larkin.

The "seals" and all was also drawn from both JW and Adventist literature.

The African and the India visits that were to be great revivals declared to be:

"Thus Saith the Lord."

.... never came to pass.

Several visions also claimed to be as "never failed" also fell to the ground.

The myth that William Branham will rise from the dead in the First Resurrection and then fulfill the remaining visions and utterances are the stuff of desperate men caught in the web of deceit. There they remain to this hour, spinning on their own pivot going nowhere in terms of their former expectations.

The Message Cult is characteristic of other cults that had a moment of excitement and expectation, false dreams, false prophecies, false prophets, false doctrines, then the real world entered the tea party and everyone was left high and dry. But like the other cults it swept in the deceived, the weak, the fearful, the ignorant and not last or least, the very clever "snake oil" salesman. The Message today is profitable, it is generating generous amounts of Yankee Green Back Dollar Bills. It will NOT be corrected. Those who rule do NOT wish for it to be corrected. It CANNOT be corrected having been given over to delusion and SIN. A few will exit the cult but the cult itself is here to stay to the consummation.

Shalom.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
You mean the Message doctrine?

I disagree with the entire concept of serpent seed, since it is based upon Calvinism which teaches certain people just have no choice to be saved or not, and will be lost.

Also, Branham was in error about thinking he was the seventh angel in Revelation. It seemed to be a MAN-focused church. That tends to make people think no one can do what he did, and God is no respector of persons. I sincerely believe God used Branham, despite his errors, but do not believe no one else can operate like that.
Correction: Branham's serpentMAN seed doctrine is NOT based on Calvinism.

Everyone who is ever saved WANTED to be saved. The choice of those who were given to the SON is a matter of the Mystery of His Will. The doctrinal exposition of Calvin had nothing to do with the choice of Israel as the nation elected to receive the oracles of God. Moses did not volunteer. Paul certainly did not volunteer. No man living or dead had part of the counsel arranging the universe as it is presently constructed. Nor were any of us consulted concerning the year of our conception, our parents, our nation of birth, our eventual height, color of eyes, hair [if still existing], state, city, street, house, relations. If we cannot do the least how is it we can move God to chose us in terms of election and PREdestination?

Actually it was the Apostle Paul who is to be charged with the teaching many declare to be, "Calvinism." But they forebear on that one as not to seem UnBiblical. It is Paul's teaching, not Calvin who made us very aware of the absolute SOVEREIGNTY of God as opposed to the very present and very popular "free will" myth beloved of today's greater Body of Christians.

Dead men choosing themselves. Dead men believing. Dead men being born again.

First one must be ALIVE. Paul said we in our first birth are dead in trespasses and sins. But we didn't like that sort of teaching because it "disses" us to the level of helplessness and that is unbearable. We are strong in our own skins, we believe we are well able to carry out any demands made on us by God if only we exert our wills. Like Israel we chose Law over GRACE and like Israel, are proven incapable.

No man ever "willed" himself into the Kingdom, it is not only difficult, rare but IMPOSSIBLE.

It is NOT he that willeth or he that runneth but GOD that showeth mercy.

The "me" generation has been with us since man was created, sin saw to that error. And like the utter destruction in the Days of Noah, the world is again ripe for an encore.

Every man, woman, boy or girl who will ever be eternally redeemed were chosen IN Him ere the world began.

The rereading and believing of Ephesians and certain passages in Romans is recommended. All of us need to reacquaint ourselves with the Majesty and Power of God as opposed to our imagined strength of will. Dead men never repent and believe the Gospel.

Shalom.