Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGirl View Post
yep...well these people i know STILL take them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL are they still fat? hehehehe
Well LA they are suppose to be having a meeting at your church I think Tuesday so go to the meeting for me and tell me what they say
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Darty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Don't you find that scary that you are taking something that is giving you energy?

Wonder why they changed the formula.....again?
cause they use to have ephedra or what ever it was in it
Old 03-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Darty

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Just cut back on sugar and carbs and eat only half of what you're eating now. Exercise 30 min. a day - walking is great. Drink lots of water.

You'll lose quite quickly.
ok this will not work for me lol I would die
I walk about 4-5 miles a day
I drink predominately water now havent had a coke in a week....only water
a 20 oz coke last me 3 days here lately
I eat once a day if you dont count my halls ... and that is only because my wonderful husband has me supper cooked when I get home
ok now next advice please
Old 03-30-2007, 04:50 PM
CupCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darty View Post
ok this will not work for me lol I would die
I walk about 4-5 miles a day
I drink predominately water now havent had a coke in a week....only water
a 20 oz coke last me 3 days here lately
I eat once a day if you dont count my halls ... and that is only because my wonderful husband has me supper cooked when I get home
ok now next advice please

Are you breaking a sweat, are you walking up inclines, walking at least 30- 60 min without stopping at a high pace ?

Soda pop has about twelve tablespoons of sugar per a can.

Eating one large meal a day maybe what’s causing you the problem, you might be consuming more calories then you think, plus eating large meals towards the evenings are worst, one it not as active.

From what I read, with walking 4-5 miles a day and your not losing, yet your weight has remain the same, it sounds to me your taken in more calories then you realize, try losing the soda pop and take smaller portions of food, nothing bigger then the palm of your hand. Try upping your pace when walking, break a sweat. One thing you’ll find as you age, you need to eat less, it’s better to
eat small meals throughout the day, rather then three large meals or just one large meal a day. Good luck!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Go OLLU Armadillos!!!

Pack up your house, and unpack at your new place

Then go pack up your parents' house and unpack at their new place

Then go pack up your brother's house and unpack at their temporary new place.

Then once the new NEW place is built, unpack your stuff and your parents' stuff and your brother's stuff....

TRUST ME! You'll lose weight!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Darty, Do you really want to take advise from someone named CUPCAKE?!

Old 03-30-2007, 06:53 PM
CupCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Darty, Do you really want to take advise from someone named CUPCAKE?!

Hoover as in the vacum.... Lol~ Yeah I guess you have a point....
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Counting Fat Grams works for me and you have such a large variety of things you are allowed to eat. You will be surprised in the foods that have no fat grams at all.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Protein, protein, protein. Actually beef jerky and nuts-especially almonds.

Hospitals are a tough place to work and lose weight.
Dave,

Congratulations on your success thus far! I perceive that you are a fairly disciplined man and that is sooo essential to the long term success of procedures like the one you had. I have two friends that lost significant amounts of weight to only fall back into old habits and one has gained about 30% of the weight back and the other has gained it all back plus a few pounds. I will continue to pray for you to reach your goals and maintain them for the rest of your many years on this earth (should the Lord tarry his coming).

You have to love those almonds... so satisfying and they really keep things on schedule!

I buy raw almonds at Sam's Club in 2 pound bags... I eat them for my snacks and when I am driving long distance I will eat a handful from time to time to break the monotony.

I watch the beef jerky that is prepackaged because many of them have a lot of sugar in them. Here in LA we have a lot of meat markets that sell boudin and cracklins as well as some of the best beef jerky on the planet. Unfortunately the jerky goes for about 18 to 20 dollars a pound!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Just cut back on sugar and carbs and eat only half of what you're eating now. Exercise 30 min. a day - walking is great. Drink lots of water.

You'll lose quite quickly.
This is true and great advise.... IF.... you do not have an underlying medical condition that has caused the weight gain.