Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
The LORD will fight for you

Apostolic -Jesus Name Apostasy

My spiritual world was turned upside down last night. Many people would label me a liberal, but I once was conservative, maybe even an ultra-con. While reading the thread on GNC about Marilyn Gazowsky and the VOP, I began to surf the web to see what happened to the VOP. Even though I attended Brother Paul Price's church in Napa, I visited the VOP as many times as I could.

Below is the link for VOP, which shows that Richard Gazowsky, Senior Pastor, has a trinitarian couple pastoring with him. After digging further into the VOP, I found myself wondering if I have been in error regarding my current beliefs on standards. I thought that there was a new revelation of liberty from "holiness standards", but after what I've seen at VOP and @ Richard Heard's church, Christian Tabernacle, last year, I found myself thinking perhaps I've been mislead.

How can it be that these once great churches slowly descended into carnality and lost the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost in their services? I read on one of the threads here on AFF that once the churches drop the standards then Acts 2:28 was not preached anymore. What I've read and seen, I would have to say there was truth to that statement.

Additionally, I've included a link on an article regarding the present day apostasy of the Apostolic church. I am seeking the Lord for direction. Please keep me in your prayers.

http://www.it-is-easy.org/contact/friends/gazowsky.php

http://www.it-is-easy.org/pw/teach/index.php

Are we liberals being deceived by the spirit of deception that leads to apostasy?

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
My spiritual world was turned upside down last night. Many people would label me a liberal, but I once was conservative, maybe even an ultra-con. While reading the thread on GNC about Marilyn Gazowsky and the VOP, I began to surf the web to see what happened to the VOP. Even though I attended Brother Paul Price's church in Napa, I visited the VOP as many times as I could.

Below is the link for VOP, which shows that Richard Gazowsky, Senior Pastor, has a trinitarian couple pastoring with him. After digging further into the VOP, I found myself wondering if I have been in error regarding my current beliefs on standards. I thought that there was a new revelation of liberty from "holiness standards", but after what I've seen at VOP and @ Richard Heard's church, Christian Tabernacle, last year, I found myself thinking perhaps I've been mislead.

How can it be that these once great churches slowly descended into carnality and lost the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost in their services? I read on one of the threads here on AFF that once the churches drop the standards then Acts 2:28 was not preached anymore. What I've read and seen, I would have to say there was truth to that statement.

Additionally, I've included a link on an article regarding the present day apostasy of the Apostolic church. I am seeking the Lord for direction. Please keep me in your prayers.

Are we liberals being deceived by the spirit of deception that leads to apostasy?

That's the KEY.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:

Fruits and standards (works) are always a result of poor roots (beliefs), brother take care of the roots of your faith and you will be OK.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

If there is a live root, there will be something visible growing above the ground, too.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
If there is a live root, there will be something visible growing above the ground, too.
Richard's problem is he lost sight of his mission and purpose, that work in SF was not raised up by God to make movies or other stupid stuff.

The Church is soul saving station and God uses the medium of preaching/teaching and the operation of spiritual gifts (those listed in scripture) to accomplish these tasks.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:

I, for one, wouldn't take anything Reckart says too seriously. The guy is a little whacko, IMO.

I am a person who hasn't followed the traditional UPC standards for many years, yet I still believe in Acts 2:38 to the core and don't ever see that changing. It can be done.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
It's called fruit!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
**Post Deleted by Admin**
And I just said he was a 'little whacko'.....LOL!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Go Dodgers!

Didn't Thad "report" not to long ago that MG took over the church from her son?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

BTW I agree that Reckart is not the best source for information. I have found misinformation in some of his writings