Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
My Family!

I received this from one of the members of that church:

Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post
I've known since Thurs night . . .

Impressive. Are you a prophet that you should know first?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradorockies View Post
Impressive. Are you a prophet that you should know first?
Did I claim to be a prophet?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
God's Son

I get sick of politicians using religion to score brownie points. My point of reference is if you need to tell people you are a christian, you ain't as big of a christian as you need to be.

Quote:
Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee has asked to visit The Apostolic Church of Auburn Hills, MI (Pontiac) tomorrow evening. He has even asked if he can sit in with the band during Praise & Worship. He plays the bass guitar.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Just got off the phone with Sr. Pastor Steve Warman who was telling me what an awesome night it turned out to be.

Huckabee arrived, with 4 Suburbans and a Grey Hound bus full of media in tow, at 4:30 for the 6 p.m. service. The media filmed him coming in and out of the church, but Huckabee would not allow them into the actual service. Steve welcomed them but Huckabee said they would disrupt and ruin the service. They watched a live feed of the service in the fellowship hall.

He spend 1 1/2 in the pastors office talking, taking pictures and enjoying himself. He played the bass during praise & worship, spoke for about 10 minutes, stayed for the entire sermon and altar time, then spent 30 minutes after service shaking hands and taking more pictures.

I did ask Steve if Huckabee had been in a Pentecostal-style service before and he said that Huckabee told him that this was like his home church that was Bapticostal.

Steve preached a message titled "I've got connections." Seems fitting for the service with a potential president.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I've moved because of a church before. Didn't work, so I'll need a better reason.

I do visit that church when I'm in that area. It's the biggest UPC church I've ever seen.
How many attend there?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Will we see a an internet feed of this??

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
How many attend there?
Pastor told me they had just over 2,000 tonight.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
How many attend there?
I think about 900-1200.....somewhere in that area.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Pastor told me they had just over 2,000 tonight.
Then again, I could be wrong......LOL!