Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Da Evangelist

Re: Flirt To Convert???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
What's up with this? Would anyone here want their children partaking in such an 'outreach'? I have never heard of such a thing, and hope my kids never do either!

FLIRT TO CONVERT

Okay, what do you think?

Players For Christ (PFC) ?
Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Players For Christ (PFC) ?
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
By the looks of the video I doubt that they are converting to Christ. Looks like they are converting to a GAY club....YUCK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Ok now I went and looked at the video. I couldnt understand a word they said. It certainly could be taken for a gay thing. At any rate it seemed weird to me.

I agree with both of you.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
There was another cult (who's name escapes me) that used to call it "Flirty Fishing". If someone can't see how ludicrous the idea is, there are some other big problems with them.
Flirt to Convert is nothing next to flirty fishing. Flirty Fishing is perverted. I believe it was the Children of God and then became The Family or The Family International.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
I saw an article on a Vineyard website that had to do with Apostolic Pentecostalism, and they were writing about us being a cult and whatnot. Anyways, I saw that they had mentioned something about flirty fishing and that UPC kids, supposedly went to trinity Pentecost churches to win their youth via flirty fishing (which was rediculous, although UPC youth did a lot of flirting it was mainly just among themselves, anyways....). I wrote an e-mail to the man who wrote this article after I had become Oneness and told him that the flirty fishing thing he mentioned was really offensive. The doctrinal differences are fine to go and argue, but they attacked our youth, so I wrote back. Here was part of his e-mail back to me:

Alex,

What you have shared is what you testify to from your own experiences in the couple of years you've been around UPC. Others have gotten to see things over the years. So, because you haven't seen what we do, you imply we must therefore be liars. What we have posted is not a smear on UPC but a warning about them which you would have done well to take heed to.

The flirty fishing mentioned to in our article is something that has been
witnessed to. You don't honestly expect UPC youth to readily admit their
flirtiness, do you?

The way we've seen UPC girls flirt with Pentecostal boys to have them come to their church was paramount to slumming. So who is your girlfriend at the UPC church you look forward to seeing? (This was really offensive to me, personally, because there were no girls at the UPC church I went to, except for my sister, and I have never [and hopefully will never] date a UPC girl)

We didn't even mention the widespread spiritual, physical and sexual abuse of a wide number of UPC ministers of women. It was deemed to intense for the
respectable article we have posted.

There are communities of Christians on the web and elsewhere who have gathered together to console each other from the abuse they have gotten in UPC. They are ex-UPC members.

I was most disappointed at the minister who was in the video and was joking around about flirty fishing. The youth were bad enough, but then to think that their pastor or youth pastor was joking about it, there and allowing this foolishness was really shameful. Honestly, if I were a parent and had my kids in that youth group we'd find another church- OVER THAT INCIDENT ALONE! My question is when is GOD going to start smitting people down for this sort of foolishness! O the fool and his folly!

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Flirty Fishing came about in the 60's. I have a feeling this guy didn't have a clue what he was saying. If he knew what it was he wouldn't of been joking around about it.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:52 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
I thought it was TIC.

Looked like they were just joking around. Like they were exagerating how they were flirting with young women to 'specifically' get them to come to church...*wink, wink*.

And I'd like to add that there is nothing wrong with young people flirting. It's how you 'test the waters' of acceptability. If they smile and are met with a cold, hard stare, they probably would move on to another! (At least if they're smart they would!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chseeads View Post
Yeah, I didn't really take it to be a serious primer on an outreach tool either. lol
That's what I thought too. Young people come up with all sorts of funny skits and spoofs!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:49 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

OK, gang, before your knickers get all bunched up......This is TIC, I just watched it. The pastor is Mark Hattabaugh.You would have to know him and his sense of humour, great guy, great preacher, FUNNY FUNNY dude,and quite brave too with some of his "undercover" mission trips to certain countries. SoCali--Reformed Dave,Help me out, back me up on this one. DEAD THREAD MOVE ON, NOTHING TO SEE HERE This vid was TIC!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
My Family!

Thanks for the clarification - -
Old 02-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Jellybean!

Lol...I figured as much!

It looked like a couple of young guys were caught in the act of flirting by their pastor and had to quickly come up with the 'REAL' reason WHY *wink, wink* they were trying to get a girl's attention in the first place.

'Of COURSE, it's to bring them to CHURCH Pastor! Why ELSE would you possibly even THINK we'd be talking to a girl!!!'
Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

I tried for years to get my "Reach The Beach" ministry off of the ground...my pastor kept nixing it...sheesh!