Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Repentance, Holiness, and the Church

Greetings y'all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!

I am about to start getting ready for work this morning, but I wanted to share this that God has laid on my heart about the Church today. Recently in a Sunday morning service, there was an incredible move of the Spirit flowing in the midst of the people, and Jesus' Spirit was calling His people to repent. Tongues and interpretation came forth that God wanted His people to come clean. Out of the entire number in the midst of the service (about 100 people there in total) only 4 came forth to repent and be broken before the Lord.

The next day, the Lord began to deal with me about the judgment coming on the Church, how that because the people of God would not repent, that He was about to take the veil off of their lives, and expose all their sins to show who was His and who was not. When I shared this with one member of the Church, it was as if that person wanted to find a way to water down the message of judgment against sin, and make it a message of love and gentle leading.

The truth is, and I have seen this, that God is doing a work of power and cleansing among His people. He is calling them to repentance, and this repentance is birthing holiness in the lives of the Church. By the way, after the people did not move that Sunday service, the Pastor stood up and preached an incredible message on the need for revival, which included a strong anointed call to repent, separate, and consecrate the people, of which few were truly moved. But, that call is what the Lord is calling His people to.

For too long, we have dissed holiness, people desiring to live as close to the Lord as possible. They have desired to live as godly as possible in their dress, their hair, and the physical, and even more so in the spiritual. We have labeled them legalists, labeled them as works related sinners, and cast them off as heretics, even among our own brethren in the Apostolic church. I have been guilty of this. But, when the Lord began dealing with my own heart about repentance, things began to come to a real light for me.

Look, we claim to be His, but many live like the world. We look for loopholes in the Word to get out of serving God. We look for means to water down our walk so we can be more like everyone else. In the process, we slide our Lord more and more into a lower ranking in our life, and this is idolatry. May the Lord help His Church purge themselves of their own unrighteousness, sin, and transgression, and turn with ALL their hearts to Him.

I know many will be offended with this message of repentance and holiness, but when we look at the Church today in the light of what the Bible says the early church was like, we are lower than dung in comparison, because we have compromised with the spirit of this world, become lovers of the world and the things of the world, and have become more of men pleasers than God pleasers. May we find that place of repentance again, true repentance that draws us away from the world and the spirit of the world, and closer to the things of God, to the Word of God, and to the Lord God Himself, the Lord Jesus Christ. If we do not, we are none of His.

May this be received in the Spirit in which it was written.

Sincerely,
William Price

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

Re: Repentance, Holiness, and the Church

Very good post and very good points. However, I'm not sure what you're saying we must do. Are you saying we have to go back to standards? I'm not sure if I'm understanding. Can you clarify?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Your actions do not make you holy, your standards do not make you holy, your works do not make your rightous. None of that does. you can not make your self any more Holy than what jesus did for you.

He made you Holy and presentable with out spot or blemish to God, you are made rightous through Christ, one does not make themselves rightous.

Holiness and rightousness is a product that Comes from the Spirit in side you. The early church looked like everyone else. they where beggars, homless, people in poverty. These people didnt rush out to change their clothes to live closer to God.

A pair of levi jeans on a woman is not gonna seperate her From God. Nor is wearing a long skirt going to draw her closer to God. this is just traditions

Holiness is inside of you.

We all need to repent, we can all try to have the best sin managment possible, but if your Holiness is dependant on your effort you fail. God has set apart his believers, and He will chastize them when they get out of line, just like any Good parent would discipine their own children.

God is for us not against us. People act like God is going to through the baby out with the bath water, i beg to differ, he is going todo what ever possible to keep you cause he loves you. And that Holiness and rightousness comes from the =sacrifice of His Son.

Its the sacrifice that makes us Holy, we was already damaged goods with deminishing returns, but that sacrifice .........
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 AM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
Your actions do not make you holy, your standards do not make you holy, your works do not make your rightous. None of that does. you can not make your self any more Holy than what jesus did for you.

He made you Holy and presentable with out spot or blemish to God, you are made rightous through Christ, one does not make themselves rightous.

Holiness and rightousness is a product that Comes from the Spirit in side you. The early church looked like everyone else. they where beggars, homless, people in poverty. These people didnt rush out to change their clothes to live closer to God.

A pair of levi jeans on a woman is not gonna seperate her From God. Nor is wearing a long skirt going to draw her closer to God. this is just traditions

Holiness is inside of you.

We all need to repent, we can all try to have the best sin managment possible, but if your Holiness is dependant on your effort you fail. God has set apart his believers, and He will chastize them when they get out of line, just like any Good parent would discipine their own children.

God is for us not against us. People act like God is going to through the baby out with the bath water, i beg to differ, he is going todo what ever possible to keep you cause he loves you. And that Holiness and rightousness comes from the =sacrifice of His Son.

Its the sacrifice that makes us Holy, we was already damaged goods with deminishing returns, but that sacrifice .........
Do you equate Holiness and Righteousness as synonyms? Do you think they are the same thing? Would you mind defining what both of those words mean to you so that before I respond to your post, we're talking apples to apples?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Very good post and very good points. However, I'm not sure what you're saying we must do. Are you saying we have to go back to standards? I'm not sure if I'm understanding. Can you clarify?
Me thinks another "flop" is coming..... or has came.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
Do you equate Holiness and Righteousness as synonyms? Do you think they are the same thing? Would you mind defining what both of those words mean to you so that before I respond to your post, we're talking apples to apples?
2 Corinthians 5:21 (King James Version)

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

colossions 1
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

jude
Glory to God
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you[f] from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior,[g]
Who alone is wise,[h]
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,[i]
Both now and forever.
Amen.

your made holy, your made rightous, and your kept that way by the one who keeps you and presents you faultless, Jesus
Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
All Because Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
2 Corinthians 5:21 (King James Version)

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

colossions 1
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

jude
Glory to God
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you[f] from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior,[g]
Who alone is wise,[h]
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,[i]
Both now and forever.
Amen.

your made holy, your made rightous, and your kept that way by the one who keeps you and presents you faultless, Jesus
still didn't answer my question... so, let's try this again. From your understanding of Scripture, can you please in your own words define holiness and righteousness, and do you think they are synonyms? If you are looking for dialogue and discussion, I have to understand what you think those words mean before we can have a discussion... your avoidance of answering the question makes me wonder if you really care about discussion.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 AM
God's Son

The Bible says the gifts are to edify, uplift and encourage. I can say with 100 pecent certainty the tongues and interpretation didn't come from the Holy Spirit. The gifts are not to scare people into submission.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Robbins View Post
still didn't answer my question... so, let's try this again. From your understanding of Scripture, can you please in your own words define holiness and righteousness, and do you think they are synonyms? If you are looking for dialogue and discussion, I have to understand what you think those words mean before we can have a discussion... your avoidance of answering the question makes me wonder if you really care about discussion.
man i have been tasked to answer a hard question. Cause the Bible declares there is none Holy but the LORD. I.E meaning that i have no like figure no comparison to give you that could even describe what true Holiness is.
(
Infact when it comes to the Holiness of God man runs out of illustrations cause The truth is God's Holiness is Beyond us. So How could i defind such a thing when I am no where near like him.

in a jewish view

(Heb. kedushah). A religious quality or value invested in special objects, places, times, and persons. The root meaning of kedushah and its derivatives is "to be set apart" or "distinguished."

so since i cannot describe Holiness to you, i will use the jewish view as that is to be seperated, set apart or distinquished.

rightousness is morally upright without guilt or sin.

Now can i ask a question? Is there anything you can do that makes you Holy or rightous, Or is it the Pure sacrifice of Christ the atonment for your wickedness and unrightous living that has set you apart, and distinquished you from this world.

Aslo is Holiness and rightousness imputed to you or do you earn it?

thanks God Bless
Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
The Bible says the gifts are to edify, uplift and encourage. I can say with 100 pecent certainty the tongues and interpretation didn't come from the Holy Spirit. The gifts are not to scare people into submission.
we had a tounge and interpretation not to long ago (2weeks ago) in the non denominational trinitarian church i attend. and the message was clear.(summarizing) I have set you apart, do not fear my chastizment. I am doing a work in you and through you.

The preacher preached on Holiness that Night as well. God is our source of Holiness, and He truely is doing a work in us and through us. The church was in awe that day at the Move of God. truely He blessed us.