Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Cornelius, after Holyghost vs. before?

Anyone have bible based thoughts of what all was different about Cornelius AFTER he was Spirit filled, verses right before?

My first thought would be, Spiritual power to become a witness...Although I am not sure what all that would entail.

Last edited by JamesGlen; 07-20-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: Cornelius, after Holyghost vs. before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Anyone have bible based thoughts of what all was different about Cornelius AFTER he was Spirit filled, verses right before?

My first thought would be, Spiritual power to become a witness...Although I am not sure what all that would entail.
After being filled with the Holy Spirit, he then became part of the body of Christ. 1 Cor 12:12
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 07-25-2019, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Tradition says that Zacchaeus (the wee little man) was the first bishop of the church in Caesarea followed by Cornelius. Don't know whether there's any truth to that tradition.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:

All the promises of the New Covenant as contained in the Hebrew Scriptures were now his. Additionally, he was no longer a "God-fearer. He was a son of God.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 07-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
All the promises of the New Covenant as contained in the Hebrew Scriptures were now his. Additionally, he was no longer a "God-fearer. He was a son of God.
His sonship was by adoption. With and through the Spirit, he could cry, "Abba, Father" to the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. This was not possible before.

Additionally, the manifestation of the Spirit was now available to him through the charismata.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 07-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Acts 15:

[8] And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
[9] And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-27-2019, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Before he was lost and going to split hell wide open and after he on his way to heaven.