Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Saved by Grace

Rick Perry GOP Nominee After All?

P.O. what are the chances Perry tries to reaasert himself in the event of a brokered convention?

I find the name Jeb Bush intersting. Chris Christie and Paul Ryan are also. Don't know much about Mitch Daniels. Would vote for almost anyone against Obama,except possibly Mitt Romney. I personally wouldn't be bothered by a Rick Santorum nomination, but I thinks its time to hit the panic button. Inadvertatly Romney's negative campaign is killing the GOP.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Re: Rick Perry GOP Nominee After All?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
P.O. what are the chances Perry tries to reaasert himself in the event of a brokered convention?

I find the name Jeb Bush intersting. Chris Christie and Paul Ryan are also. Don't know much about Mitch Daniels. Would vote for almost anyone against Obama,except possibly Mitt Romney. I personally wouldn't be bothered by a Rick Santorum nomination, but I thinks its time to hit the panic button. Inadvertatly Romney's negative campaign is killing the GOP.
Either Romney is a very stupid politician... a power mad lunatic... or a man on Obama's payroll.

Personally, I don't think Romney is on Obama's payroll. I also don't think Romney is stupid. Personally, I think he's a power mad lunatic who must be stopped. If he'll drag his party through this kind of Hades to win... he'll drag the country through Hades to acheive his aims.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Not riding the train

A volatile election cycle at best!

I'm not sure that Perry would get back into the race. Although, I know he hasn't closed his campaign account. And he did say that he withdrew from the race because he didn't see a path forward. He also said that he will run again because he didn't get in soon enough and didn't have enough time. I agree with that. If he had had enough time, he would be the frontrunner. His back surgery really hurt him coming out of the gate and onto national stage.

Even though he had a shaky beginning, his debate performances grew stronger and he was very well received at CPAC a few weeks ago. Did an excellent job. The people were still believing in him. So..... I think we could have buyer's remorse for not looking at Gov. Perry's record and only focusing on a few weak debate performances.

A friend of mine told me a guy he knows that is into shipping said that his contacts in China said that Gov. Perry has the best financial policy and would have made a better president than even Ronald Reagan. That is saying something.

What is going on now is the GOP Elite is having a war with those that want to end their reign, i.e., Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson, Chuck Norris, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and others.

I've looked at the remaining candidates and see the flaws. Santorum has a great social conservative record, but his fiscal record is the worst. He had the worst spending agenda of ANY Republican in Congress at the time.

Of course, don't need to go over how I feel about Romney.

Ron Paul's foreign policy is just not going to be feasible.

Mitch Daniels' isn't a social conservative, but has a good fiscal conservative record.

If Chris Christie thought he could win, he would have run. He isn't as conservative as some think. He does want to shut down all coal fuel technology for one thing.

No one wants another Bush. Jeb won't be it.

People don't seem to be warming to Newt, although, with his flaws, he still has a conservative policy record and the fortitude to bring TNT to the WH. Having had to look at the candidates again after Perry dropped out. I would have to say that I am liking Newt again. Romney helped me with that, BTW. lol

You are right, Romney's negative campaigning is keeping people from the polls. It is also true that in the districts where Newt won, the voting was up. That is something to watch.

You see what is going on? We had only ONE candidate that had both fiscal and social conservative records - Governor Rick Perry. He was the only stable guy with an unmatched documented record of conservative achievements and solutions, exceptional record of leadership, consistent, reliable and those "TRUE CONSERVATIVES" never noticed!! It makes me crazy to see that or even think about it!!!!!

The media is all but ignoring Newt, like they did Rick Perry. Perry is campaigning with him and is in Arizona right now. We will see if that helps Gingrich. It sure will put Perry in the eyes of the people and may be a plan to put him forward if all we have left is a brokered convention.

Regardless of what people think of Newt, I believe if he saw that Perry would be the best option, he would throw his support behind him and step aside. Newt doesn't have any reason to step aside now. No one has a sterling record. Romney is the only really flawed candidate, IMO. He is not "inherently" a conservative. He has to speak it, and it's still not believed - "I am 'severely' conservative." Whatever, dude.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
From the horse's mouth:

Quote:
"When I asked whether a brokered convention would revive his suspended campaign for president, Perry didn't answer.

During the interview he did say that Texas could play a key role in picking the Republican nominee. The twice-delayed Lone Star primary is expected to be held May 29.

"It could be Texas that decides who the nominee is going to be," Perry said. "What an interesting thought."'

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...red-gop-c.html
The only way it could work is for the candidate to have a national plan. He already has that. It could only work for Rick Perry.

Gig 'em Perry!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On
From the horse's mouth:

The only way it could work is for the candidate to have a national plan. He already has that. It could only work for Rick Perry.

Gig 'em Perry!!!!
Since Texas primary is so late, is it possible Perry could run in TX primary thus further divinding up delegates and increasing th chances of a brokered convention?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Since Texas primary is so late, is it possible Perry could run in TX primary thus further divinding up delegates and increasing th chances of a brokered convention?
I don't think he would do that. I believe by him saying that Texas will decide the nominee, he is referring to the 155 total delegate votes awarded.

Drudge is pushing Romney, again, after the debate tonight, so I'm thinking the GOP Elite will fix the deal for him to win by default. It would be so nice to see him lose.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 02-22-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't think he would do that. I believe by him saying that Texas will decide the nominee, he is referring to the 155 total delegate votes awarded.

Drudge is pushing Romney, again, after the debate tonight, so I'm thinking the GOP Elite will fix the deal for him to win by default. It would be so nice to see him lose.
As it stands, if Romney gets to the general election you will probably experience that joy. Should be a happy day for you, no? lol
Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisp View Post
As it stands, if Romney gets to the general election you will probably experience that joy. Should be a happy day for you, no? lol
If Romney gets the nomination and he loses, it will serve the GOP right. They don't deserve to win anyway. They haven't really proved they have corrected there getting off track in the first place. I can't stand the GOP Elite, hypocrites.

If he gets the nomination and wins, fine. He has never given me proof that he is a true Conservative. So, if he wins, more power to him. At least, Crakjak will be happy.

And I agree with Ari Fleischer, the nominee will be one of the four that is left.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

I never believed that Rick Perry had what it took to make a run after he spent so long denying and then vascilating over the issue. I never felt that he improved with time. The only thing that he did was destroy any chance that Michelle Bachmann was going to be the nominee. She could have done much better in Iowa had Rick Perry decided to stay put. His announcement was staged to do the most damage to who ever won the straw poll.

I would like to see him wait and try again in four to eight years. That would also increase his credintials with those who distrust his motives so close to his conversion from D to R.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I never believed that Rick Perry had what it took to make a run after he spent so long denying and then vascilating over the issue. I never felt that he improved with time. The only thing that he did was destroy any chance that Michelle Bachmann was going to be the nominee. She could have done much better in Iowa had Rick Perry decided to stay put. His announcement was staged to do the most damage to who ever won the straw poll.

I would like to see him wait and try again in four to eight years. That would also increase his credintials with those who distrust his motives so close to his conversion from D to R.
It's funny that all the candidates are using Perry's talking points. One is the "war on religion" that he spoke about and was mocked - now all the candidates are addressing it. His points on immigration, etc. Nope, he wasn't ready. lol

The only reason, IMO, that he wasn't ready is because of his back. He is having surgery, again, this Friday. He should have gotten that taken care of before he got in the race. That was his only hindrance. It certainly wasn't because of experience or record.