Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Re: NEW Everyones Connected

Contest updated... there is now a referrer box on registration... if a user puts your name, username or email even you will get the points.

Join EC, help make this site something worth its name. We need people to get on their and start discussion, post pictures, make and join groups! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS... ask me what I would do to get you to join and invite your friends!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

39 members in about 3 weeks!

Join EC, help make this site something worth its name. We need people to get on their and start discussion, post pictures, make and join groups! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS... ask me what I would do to get you to join and invite your friends!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Contest is still running... if you want the $100 dollars join today!

Remember this site is developing fast!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Ok, this is dumb... there hasn't hardly been any response to the contest... you could be in the lead to win the $100 visa giftcard if you simply joined and invited 5 people!

Also, just a heads up, there is a friend to friend instant messaging system like on facebook!

Come check it out! http://www.everyonesconnected.us

Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your challenges. I think Facebook has changed the landscape and need for exclusive social sites. EA and EC are great alternatives for families. But with FB, you can have a private group, separate your Friends list and interact with some of the best social networking technology.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithtoFaith View Post
Sorry to hear about your challenges. I think Facebook has changed the landscape and need for exclusive social sites. EA and EC are great alternatives for families. But with FB, you can have a private group, separate your Friends list and interact with some of the best social networking technology.
Again, this is not an alternative for Christians.... Facebook is slowing down, bogged down with ads and commercial applications, charging peoples cellular bills and taking over their lives...

This site is similar to facebook but has it's differences.

Again, I just want to point out it is NOT an alternative to Facebook simply for Christians. The site is merely designed to be less commercialized and more user friendly (policy wise).

Old 05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgustaveson View Post
Again, this is not an alternative for Christians.... Facebook is slowing down, bogged down with ads and commercial applications, charging peoples cellular bills and taking over their lives...

This site is similar to facebook but has it's differences.

Again, I just want to point out it is NOT an alternative to Facebook simply for Christians. The site is merely designed to be less commercialized and more user friendly (policy wise).
But, if you are having trouble with people signing up what would the advantage be if I'm trying to connect with my high school friends and people that would have no clue about this site.

Advertising has its advantages - - everyone knows about FB.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
But, if you are having trouble with people signing up what would the advantage be if I'm trying to connect with my high school friends and people that would have no clue about this site.

Advertising has its advantages - - everyone knows about FB.
That isn't what I am saying... Facebook is overrun with commercials... I am not saying that Facebook wasn't a great site... my issue with facebook is that now it is completely ruled by ads and apps that are ad based.

EC will advertise but will not become over run with advertisements... I am not saying the site is bogged down because it advertises, but because it is one giant advertisement....

Right now there is no advantage to that... the site needs users to use it so that it will grow and gain a larger user base, it is the charter members and those that help spread the news of the site that give it the power that facebook has...

The advantage is that EC wont give away your gift ideas (as facebook has done in the past) EC wont allow companies to secretly get you to sign up for horoscopes on your cell phone or cause you to see unexpected charges because you took an IQ test....

The goal of me posting here, is to gain a large charter base so that we can help spread the news of the site.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Administrator

How else do you expect the owners of facebook to pay for the hosting and bandwidth used by their user base? It's free to the user, the ads are paying the bills. Of course they are going to have plenty of ads to keep it free to the users. Users don't seem to have a problem with it, if they did, they wouldn't use facebook. Not a big deal.

Anyone who gives their cell number out online to a quiz site is just asking for spam ads. It's not the advertisers fault that people don't read the fine print. It was stated in the fine print that charges would be billed-- again, the people didn't read the fine print before giving their number to them.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
How else do you expect the owners of facebook to pay for the hosting and bandwidth used by their user base? It's free to the user, the ads are paying the bills. Of course they are going to have plenty of ads to keep it free to the users. Users don't seem to have a problem with it, if they did, they wouldn't use facebook. Not a big deal.

Anyone who gives their cell number out online to a quiz site is just asking for spam ads. It's not the advertisers fault that people don't read the fine print. It was stated in the fine print that charges would be billed-- again, the people didn't read the fine print before giving their number to them.
Users tend to migrate back because the only other option is MySpace, which is worse.

Yes, money is needed to purchase servers and bandwidth but a 23 million dollar surplus is kind of crazy.... there are too many ads.

Every year there is a huge controversy about something Facebook has done, but there is still no answer to the dilemma. With the help of charter members that is what I am offering... the option to build a non-commercialized version.

If Twitter can manage it then Facebook could as well, so can I.

Closed Thread