Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:36 PM
God's Son

Uh-oh... It's time for another round of High/Low... Is AB overestimating, underestimating, or right on targert? Now here is your host rrford...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Let me get this straight: Are you saying the church you started in Marietta grew to 500 people?

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 05-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Uh-oh... It's time for another round of High/Low... Is AB overestimating, underestimating, or right on targert? Now here is your host rrford...
Whatever.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Just got home concerning Don Abernathy who is my wife's uncle. Yes at one time he preached some of the Branham doctrine(serpent seed-predestination) however he has denounced the teaching several years ago.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Just got home concerning Don Abernathy who is my wife's uncle. Yes at one time he preached some of the Branham doctrine(serpent seed-predestination) however he has denounced the teaching several years ago.

There you have it!!!

Thanks Elder.

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
God's Son

In the court of law Abernathy testimony is more credible than hearsay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
There you have it!!!

Thanks Elder.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post

Good. well there you have it. At one time he did believe in the'Prophet". glad he got out of it.
Epley, i will say this, no one realize the lasting ramifications that whole Branham era had on so many lives even to this day.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Good. well there you have it. At one time he did believe in the'Prophet". glad he got out of it.
Epley, i will say this, no one realize the lasting ramifications that whole Branham era had on so many lives even to this day.
There people scattered across this nation that was influenced by the Abernathys the ruin of their lives are heart breaking.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Elder Epley's wife is the daughter of NOLAN ABERNATHY - and YES - Nolan is a Branhamite as is his son Nathan and some other family members.

Nolan is the brother of Don Abernathy.
Don Abernathy has written letter after letter - refuting the Branham doctrine. I have read the letters - the UPC district has letters from him that he does not believe nor preach Serpent Seed or the Branham doctrine.
I have known Don Abernathy for over 30 years and have talked with him extensively about this. I have NEVER heard the name Branaham in his church or anything associated with Brahnam or the Serpent Seed Doctrine.
If he was a Brahnamite his church would be well stocked with Brahnamite literature. So it's a pretty good sign if you've been there and not seen evidence of Brahnamite literature or heard his name mentioned that he is not a Brahnamite.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
If he was a Brahnamite his church would be well stocked with Brahnamite literature. So it's a pretty good sign if you've been there and not seen evidence of Brahnamite literature or heard his name mentioned that he is not a Brahnamite.
He was an offshoot. He just picked and chose some of the doctrines. However he did believe Branham was a prophet but like not the the folks in your town. Now they are really Branhamites true blue.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Urban Pastor

Are you shocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Let me get this straight: Are you saying the church you started in Marietta grew to 500 people?
RRFORD - You are so funny - Are you surprised that we built a great church in Marietta? I also have other churches around Atlanta under our covering.

We had three churches in ONE building. I had an English Services, Brazilian - Portuguese speaking services and Hispanic Services. Our Brazilian Church and Spanish Church grew so fast and basically like to have tore our building to pieces. We had offices for all the pastors and it was just too much as the Spanish and Brazilians wanted to be in the building and live in the building all the time! We eventually moved the English church to Kennesaw but still did some services at the old building. When I left Marietta - We had over 300 in services there and now they have well over 500 on Sunday in multiple services. They cannot accommodate any more than that - so we started multiple congregations around the city. We had to have service every single night of the week. They have just built on now and can accommodate more people.