Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: My Family Covet Your Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Shhhhhhhh bro...This is Biblical. "Surely He hath borne our grief and carried our sorrows and the chastisement of our firewall was upon Him."

I AM praying sis...Just the first time I've ever prayed for a computer issue for someone.
That was funny.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:48 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
God is in control of every situation in our lives. We've prayed for animals, cars among other things, why can He not fix a computer problem?

However I did not ask for prayer for my computer, I asked prayer for my family, I was just stating that it has caused me some issues. I do have regular calls from foreign people saying there is an issue with my computer, and If I would go online they will straighten it up on their end. Do I do that? No.

On the other hand, the church that I have belonged to since the 90's has had one issue after the other and members are leaving to attend other churches. I will give my ( Pastor ) the credit for causing numerous problems because he has become overly controlling and that is all the details I will go into. We need everyone to pray that God will work in this situation.
I work at a computer store as a tech, and because we sell parts (a rarity around here) many of the other repair stores around town come to us when they need something immediately. One of them runs nothing but Linux on their computers. They got one of those scam calls, telling them their Windows PC was infected. They told him that they don't run Windows, so he asked them if they had a PC. Of course, they said yes, so he told them that they DID have Windows.

It's good at least that you know not to allow someone onto your computer. I can't tell you the number of times we've had people come into our store, who had not only allowed someone on to their computer, but had actually paid them money.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I work at a computer store as a tech, and because we sell parts (a rarity around here) many of the other repair stores around town come to us when they need something immediately. One of them runs nothing but Linux on their computers. They got one of those scam calls, telling them their Windows PC was infected. They told him that they don't run Windows, so he asked them if they had a PC. Of course, they said yes, so he told them that they DID have Windows.

It's good at least that you know not to allow someone onto your computer. I can't tell you the number of times we've had people come into our store, who had not only allowed someone on to their computer, but had actually paid them money.
Thank you for the information Jito, I am almost computer illiterate and being that there are so many scammers, no more than I know, they could cause me to give them access to use my info to do whatever they so choose to do. Better to steer clear of phone calls. I even got a call from " IRS " instructing me to send 3800. ASAP or I would be picked up and taken to Washing to face charges. I got off and called my local Sheriffs office and reported the call.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:03 PM
On the road less traveled

Will pray for you and your situation Miss Scarlett!
Old 03-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Will pray for you and your situation Miss Scarlett!
Thank you all, it's very much needed.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Thank you for the information Jito, I am almost computer illiterate and being that there are so many scammers, no more than I know, they could cause me to give them access to use my info to do whatever they so choose to do. Better to steer clear of phone calls. I even got a call from " IRS " instructing me to send 3800. ASAP or I would be picked up and taken to Washing to face charges. I got off and called my local Sheriffs office and reported the call.

Something else to look out for is sometimes you will get scam emails from email addresses that you recognize.

I had a boss that got one from a friend's email and she claimed to be in London and her purse and laptop was stolen and she needed them to wire her 💰. She said she was in a wifi cafe using another person's computer.

Well he called the friend and of course she wasn't in London and DIDNT send the email.

Upon closer examination of emails like that you can see grammar and spelling is usually off and some things are spelled the way Europeans spell them which tells you that the writer isn't American.

One scam artist actually TEXTED me at 11pm one night and called me by name.

I reverse traced the number and found out it originated in Jamaica so I responded in German using Google Translate and pretended that I lived in Germany just to mess with them hehe. Highly entertaining.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
A Pastor who thinks he is indispensable can wreck havoc on a congregation, Several months ago he went to a young pastor from another church and offered him a position in our church. The young man is from our community and we all know what a fine young man and dynamic preacher he is. He served all phases while our pastor recovered from heart surgery. A couple of months ago after Sunday night service Bro. __________ announced out of nowhere that we were not going to vote on the young man and no one knew this was coming, most were shocked to say the least, and the young man and his wife left and the church has split. The story is long and things such as this has been happening over the years, and continues to grow worse. The pastors wife handles the finances, and some of the books are closed to the church, we have a business meeting once a year and I will say no more. Thank you for praying.
I will be praying for your church situation. It is not unique sadly. The important thing is to remember that although people will fail us because they are human God never will.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"