Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

"Women of War" Mother's Day Message @ POA

The sermon begins approximately 1hr 5min into the video.

https://livestream.com/accounts/8346...deos/156292508

I love Anthony Mangun, but I don't agree with this sermon. I look forward to his message for Father's Day. Since this sermon was on the role of women as warriors, I'm interested in what role he believes men have.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: "Women of War" Mother's Day Message @ POA

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

I love Anthony Mangun, but I don't agree with this sermon. I look forward to his message for Father's Day. Since this sermon was on the role of women as warriors, I'm interested in what role he believes men have.
can't watch it right now . . . does he mean women as prayer warriors?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
can't watch it right now . . . does he mean women as prayer warriors?
He talked about an army of prophetesses rising up. He mentioned believing in women preachers and teachers. At the beginning, he read Ephesians 6:10-18 and attributed it to women, while intertwining Proverbs 31 and other scriptures. The text was from Genesis where "her seed will crush" the serpents head. From that, he claimed that there's no force more powerful against the devil than a woman of God.

After he said that, I cringed, waiting for the inevitable mention of HolyMagicHair. Fortunately, he never mentioned it and didn't talk about hair at all in the message -- at least not that I recall.

He also mentioned reading a forum question about the role of women in church: "What do women bring to the table?" The answer, he said, was "they don't bring anything to the table ... they OWN the table."

So again, if he believes women are the most powerful force against the devil, and if he agrees that women "own" the table, then what is the role of the apostolic man?

Last edited by n david; 05-15-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He talked about an army of prophetesses rising up. He mentioned believing in women preachers and teachers. At the beginning, he read Ephesians 6:10-18 and attributed it to women, while intertwining Proverbs 31 and other scriptures. The text was from Genesis where "her seed will crush" the serpents head. From that, he claimed that there's no force more powerful against the devil than a woman of God.

After he said that, I cringed, waiting for the inevitable mention of HolyMagicHair. Fortunately, he never mentioned it and didn't talk about hair at all in the message -- at least not that I recall.

He also mentioned reading a forum question about the role of women in church: "What do women bring to the table?" The answer, he said, was "they don't bring anything to the table ... they OWN the table."

So again, if he believes women are the most powerful force against the devil, and if he agrees that women "own" the table, then what is the role of the apostolic man?
Does AM believe the Bible commands uncut hair for Christian ladies?
Old 05-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Does AM believe the Bible commands uncut hair for Christian ladies?
I believe AM upholds the traditional UPC holiness standards.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Based on the introduction to the video....they don't seem to have much of a problem with makeup..
Old 05-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Based on the introduction to the video....they don't seem to have much of a problem with makeup..
Intro to the video?
Old 05-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

"Dudes of Domesticism" Father's Day Message...???

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

While I do believe on women teachers, preachers and prophetesses AM misuses that scripture in making an absolute statement that "there is no force more powerful against the devil than a woman of God."

Her seed shall crush his head...NOT the woman. It's referring to Christ being born as a man aka seed of a woman.

I would to God that preachers stop taking things out of context with scripture just to make a good sounding point.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Administrator

My wife has gone to war three times since we married, every time she went into labor. She is soon to go off to war again, at the end of the month.

Other than that, I don't think she's ever done anything that might equate to the word "war".

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/