Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Sis. Lou

Unhappy Ladies Meetings & Theme's

I am going to have a Ladies Meeting at our church. I am looking for a theme. We have done the "tea party" and a Ladies Luau. Does anyone have any ideas for a theme we can use. Looking for something fun, and not to expensive. Hope someone out there in AFF can help....
Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Re: Ladies Meetings & Theme's

If you'll PM Sherri, she can send you a copy of the ladies manual from Love & Truth Jackson. They have a monthly meeting and do a different theme each month. Last night was the annual pajama party. Ladies dress in their pj's, drink hot chocolate, have a good time of fellowship and then adjourn to the sanctuary for praise and worship and a message from their ladies minister.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Not riding the train

Ran across this the other day.

http://www.creativeladiesministry.co...ngcheckup.html
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis. Lou View Post
I am going to have a Ladies Meeting at our church. I am looking for a theme. We have done the "tea party" and a Ladies Luau. Does anyone have any ideas for a theme we can use. Looking for something fun, and not to expensive. Hope someone out there in AFF can help....
I'll be glad to send you a booklet that our ladies' group loves to sow into others, for free. Just PM me a name and address if you want it. It has great ideas, pictures, etc. I also have preaching CD's from our leader that go along with each of the themes if you would want to listen to any of them.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

There are books available from the United Pentecostal Church publishing division (Pentecostal Publishing House) titled .... "Programs for Ladies Groups" (something like that) ... that have lots of great themes and ideas for womens meetings and events. I've used a number of them and adapted them to fit in with what I was wanting to do or achieve in a particular meeting.

I checked PPH website and noticed that the first two that were written weren't listed - at least I didn't see them - but there is a 3rd one that was published in the last few years that is available for sale.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
If you'll PM Sherri, she can send you a copy of the ladies manual from Love & Truth Jackson. They have a monthly meeting and do a different theme each month. Last night was the annual pajama party. Ladies dress in their pj's, drink hot chocolate, have a good time of fellowship and then adjourn to the sanctuary for praise and worship and a message from their ladies minister.

PJ's!!!!!!!!!!!

As in Pants!!!!!!!!

In the tabernacle!!!!!!!!

Where's my Tulsa Tango thread starter button.....

:toof unny
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

One way to come up with themes is to use yearly events, national holidays, and seasons of the year for inspiration. Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Mothers Day, Easter, etc., etc. can be used as events to build a ladies meeting on. So can Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter. You can get inspiration from so many things. Then when you get the inspiration for a theme or focus, build the rest of the meeting around that theme or focus - everything from a group activity that involves all the women to refreshments, decorating for the meeting, and a message, etc.

I've done so many different types of meetings through the years and always include a time of worship, prayer and at least a devotional message or some other type of message in each meeting.
  • One meeting I showed the ladies how to set a proper table, different ways you can decorate a table, included some etiquette instructions and had a guy come in and give a Chinese cooking demonstration. Then we got to eat it after.

• I built a meeting around the theme of "Friendships of Women". That was really great.

• Have a "tea party" - and do it Victorian style.

• You can have lots of fun with an "Easter bonnet" theme. We did that one time and the women had to come with a hat - preferably a handmade original. During the course of the meeting they voted on "best hat" or most original or funniest or whatever.

• Prayer breakfasts are another wonderful way to structure a ladies meeting. Have a breakfast buffet, speak or have someone else speak on an aspect of Prayer. There are lots of different ways to pray together as a group. I used to have tables set up and then at the end of the meeting, each table of ladies would gather in their own individual circles and pray for the needs represented within that group.

• One September I had a Baptist pastor's wife from our town who had 3 sons who had all won Canadian Gov. Gen. awards and full scholarships to University come in and talk to our ladies about how to help your children become good students.

• Use a discussion panel approach. I've assigned a topic, and asked 4 - 6 ladies each take a portion of the topic, speak on it for 5 minutes or so and then had specific questions given out to some of the ladies to ask to generate discussion.

• Fashion shows. These are always popular!

• Mothers Memorial meeting to kick off getting a good offering for MM.

Lots of different ways to go! Womens meetings can be a great way to reach women who don't usually come to church.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Jesusmyrock

we done a meeting about the "Bride of Christ", and done it with a wedding theme. We had an old wedding dress as the "tattered" garment. We tore strips of fabric and stained them with tea, and wrote all the works of the flesh and other "bad" stuff on them (lust, envying, addictions, drinking, lying, jealousy, etc.. etc..) and pinned to the old wedding gown and hung it up. Then we took a new wedding gown, white and pretty, and hung it up on the other side. When we come to Jesus, we are like the old, torn, tattered garment, and he cleans us and gives us our "wedding" garment. We decorated the sanctuary like you would for a wedding, and sang songs about the "Bride", and decorated where we eat like for a reception, with bells, and mints, and candles, stuff like that. Had a lot of fun with it!! ( a sister at the church used her old wedding gown, and her daughters new wedding gown)
Old 02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

We have done so many different ones... one thing we did on the ladies tea was... had each lady bring something for the brunch... and also handed out victorian printing paper. Had them type up the recipe.. made a ladies tea cookbook and distributed for all the ladies at the end.

Then we have done the holiday/season themes as Felicity suggested.

We are doing a Mary and Martha ladies meeting this month. All the ladies are bringing a cleaning item wrapped but something nice... or something well... Something to help declutter our lives. I have went and got some little organizational baskets... and included a few cleaning items in them.

There are so many things you can do
Old 02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
One way to come up with themes is to use yearly events, national holidays, and seasons of the year for inspiration. Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Mothers Day, Easter, etc., etc. can be used as events to build a ladies meeting on. So can Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter. You can get inspiration from so many things. Then when you get the inspiration for a theme or focus, build the rest of the meeting around that theme or focus - everything from a group activity that involves all the women to refreshments, decorating for the meeting, and a message, etc.

I've done so many different types of meetings through the years and always include a time of worship, prayer and at least a devotional message or some other type of message in each meeting.
  • One meeting I showed the ladies how to set a proper table, different ways you can decorate a table, included some etiquette instructions and had a guy come in and give a Chinese cooking demonstration. Then we got to eat it after.

• I built a meeting around the theme of "Friendships of Women". That was really great.

• Have a "tea party" - and do it Victorian style.

• You can have lots of fun with an "Easter bonnet" theme. We did that one time and the women had to come with a hat - preferably a handmade original. During the course of the meeting they voted on "best hat" or most original or funniest or whatever.

• Prayer breakfasts are another wonderful way to structure a ladies meeting. Have a breakfast buffet, speak or have someone else speak on an aspect of Prayer. There are lots of different ways to pray together as a group. I used to have tables set up and then at the end of the meeting, each table of ladies would gather in their own individual circles and pray for the needs represented within that group.

• One September I had a Baptist pastor's wife from our town who had 3 sons who had all won Canadian Gov. Gen. awards and full scholarships to University come in and talk to our ladies about how to help your children become good students.

• Use a discussion panel approach. I've assigned a topic, and asked 4 - 6 ladies each take a portion of the topic, speak on it for 5 minutes or so and then had specific questions given out to some of the ladies to ask to generate discussion.

• Fashion shows. These are always popular!

• Mothers Memorial meeting to kick off getting a good offering for MM.

Lots of different ways to go! Womens meetings can be a great way to reach women who don't usually come to church.
Felicity,

You are the bomb. I appreciate this thread, and your response.

Sometimes, burnout can hinder brain process and it's good to have a sounding board.

Thanks, again.