Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2020, 07:11 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Question Financial declaration?

So, around a year ago my pastor started doing this "Financial declaration" when taking up tithes and offering. I don't want to turn this into a debate about tithes, there's enough threads on that topic, but I want to get people's opinion on the actual statement that he (or whomever is on the platform at that time) reads and has the rest of the congregation recite together. I have my own opinion on it already, so I'm just going to sit back and read what you all have to say on the matter for now.

Quote:
Upon the authority of Your Word, I have given and it shall be given to me, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
I am a tither, I bring my tithe today into your storehouse, therefore the enemy is rebuked and the curse is broken.
I live under and open heaven, You pour out upon me such a blessing that there is not enough room to receive it.
We receive jobs and better jobs, raises and bonuses, sales and commissions, benefits and settlements, estates and inheritance, interests and income, rebates and returns, checks in the mail, gifts and surprises, bills paid off, debts demolished, royalties received, my whole family saved and walking with God, perfect health and abundance to walk in divine favor and blessings.
I am blessed going in, and I am blessed going out. All that I do will prosper in Jesus name!
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.